Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic Skeleton

Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic Skeleton

Postby Darksider » May 6th 2015, 8:56am

May 5, 2015 By Mark Bernardo

Skeleton watches continued to be a popular style at this year’s Baselworld. In this “his and hers” edition of Watch to Watch, we look at a very affordable one introduced a few years back: Hamilton’s Jazzmaster Viewmatic Skeleton, available in men’s and ladies’ versions, and both containing the same proprietary movement.

The engine in these Hamilton Jazzmaster watches, automatic Caliber H-20-S, combines traditional skeletonizing techniques with modern technology such as laser engraving. The finished movement features an openworked rotor with brushed finish and Hamilton’s decorative “H” pattern on several of the elements. Through the big window in the dial’s center, the wearer can see the motions of the escapement, hairspring and barrel. Both watches also feature a sapphire exhibition caseback for a rear view.

The men’s version of the watch has a 40-mm stainless steel case and a cut-out dial with anthracite-colored curves and angles that offer glimpses of the movement. The dial’s periphery is surrounded by multi-level rings with markings for the seconds (o through 60, with numerals at the five-second increments and tiny indices in between) and “Hamilton Viewmatic” text in the interior. The applied hour indices are coated with Super-LumiNova. The men’s Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic Skeleton is available on a five-row stainless steel bracelet or a black leather strap and retails for $1,195.

http://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-ind ... 728bd6f117
Darksider
Founder

Re: Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic Skeleton

Postby foghorn » May 6th 2015, 11:42am

Aside from the "Hamilton Viewematic" text running laps around the dial it's not too bad. Not a skeleton fan, but I've seen much worse.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Re: Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic Skeleton

Postby TemerityB » May 6th 2015, 12:23pm

I'm not a huge skeleton fan, either, but that one has enough of a classic Hamilton note to it that it's pretty nifty.
"May I suggest chicken?" - HF
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to Hamilton