Hamilton "calibres".....

Hamilton "calibres".....

Postby eddiea » September 3rd 2014, 9:10am

Massaged ETA's with unique Hamilton designation.....
http://new.hamilton-uni.com/en/hamiltonCalibers
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Hamilton "calibres".....

Postby Don Barzini » September 3rd 2014, 9:49pm

Indeed. But for Swatch Group's "subsidizing" Hamilton, they couldn't exist as a low priced, large bang-for-the-buck brand, so I'm willing to give them a pass for glorifying Swatch Group movements as special calibers. For the most part, Though, I don't understand the point behind emphasizing these new calibers. The typical Hamilton consumer is well-satisfied with a solid ETA movement and Hamilton has always done a nice job delivering a nicely regulated movement in a good looking package. It's not really who are they trying to kid, but why bother?
I think we need a Newer New Testament. You know, the one where God reveals His new covenant with corporations.
Don Barzini
Watchlord WIS

Re: Hamilton "calibres".....

Postby TemerityB » September 4th 2014, 7:18am

I'm not a huge fan of futzing around with movement names/numbers in an attempt to make them seem "special" - but I'll be dipped if I'm not a huge fan of an 80-hour power reserve. But I guess there's a little Jean Marcel in everybody these days.
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to Hamilton