Review of Bernhardt Binnacle Submersion

Dedicated to Dive watches

Review of Bernhardt Binnacle Submersion

Postby koimaster » January 18th 2018, 11:15am

“I’ll be in my purple High Point University hat — see you at 4:30.” I finished up a few emails at the office, grabbed my coat, and headed for the door. I lingered in the lobby, glanced down at my Seiko Turtle as I waited for my brother to join me. We ventured into the streets of the Congaree Vista, bound for Starbucks. Before we could arrive, I heard the email chime – “Change of plans, I’ll be wearing a green Bernhardt Watches hat.” It sounded more like a CIA Operative about to meet an asset, but fortunately the fate of our country wasn’t riding on this one. Patrons with caffeine habits bartered the doorway, but I saw him. Tucked away obscurely in the back of the warmly lit coffee house, there he sat in his green hat just as he’d promised. We nodded in acknowledgement, ordered a cup of joe, and headed back to our mission.

I had long since been a lurker on the Watchuseek forums — often spotted a photo of a Bernhardt or even read a review of a customer that raved about the quality watches and exceptional customer service of Bernhardt Watch Company. It wasn’t long after that I learned that Bernhardt was located only a few hours from home in High Point, NC. I decided to shoot them a quick email introduction and was surprised to receive a response directly from the owner within hours. I was thrilled to learn that he’d be in Columbia the coming week and would make time for us to meet up. Fred Amos had me sold on the company before I ever laid eyes on one of his watches, and I immediately understood how he had garnered what has been described as a “cultish” following — the self-proclaimed “Fred-Heads”.

For nearly two hours, we talked watches, music, life and what have you. Surprisingly, the watch talk ventured further than just his own Bernhardt Watches, which we hardly expected. He shared his love and respect of Rolex, Omega, and other luxury brands as well as an extensive knowledge of watch mechanics and the industry as a whole. He poured out his passion as simply as the barista poured that cup of joe, us similarly intoxicated by his fervor.

http://colawatch.com/2017/12/31/review- ... ubmersion/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Review of Bernhardt Binnacle Submersion

Postby conjurer » January 18th 2018, 11:31am

Bernhardt is one of the very few micros that I respect. Fred Amos makes some good shit, and stands behind his product.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » January 18th 2018, 11:47am

Have owned several, wife still wears hers. A brand I can heartily recommend.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby MAX » January 18th 2018, 11:51am

Same here. Fred has always been great to deal with and if you have a problem he will handle it. Watches are well worth the money.
"If You Think This Has A Happy Ending, You Haven't Been Paying Attention."

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
MAX
Founding Member

Postby foghorn » January 18th 2018, 11:54am

I bought one once but never got a Binnacle Bill from the Seller.

(I'll wait until it sinks in)

Why, he's no fun, he fell right over.
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Racer-X » January 18th 2018, 1:48pm

Fred is such a rockstar. Love my Anchor I.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Dive Watches