HANDS-ON WITH THE NODUS TRIESTE DIVER

Dedicated to Dive watches

HANDS-ON WITH THE NODUS TRIESTE DIVER

Postby koimaster » June 9th 2017, 11:20pm

Nodus is an up-and-coming, Los Angeles-based brand entering the ever-expanding field of micro-brand divers. Their premiere offering is the Trieste, named after the legendary 1960 Trieste Submersible expedition into the Mariana Trench. While at first glance, the Trieste may not inspire too many oohs and aahs, it is definitely a micro-diver that deserves a second look.

The micro-brand diver market is rife with massive, knuckle-dragger chunks-of-steel with depth ratings that would crush your skull, but the Trieste is a refreshing departure from this trend with its 41mm size and 200-meter depth rating. A few weeks back, Sean Lorentzen wrote an article about lightweight skin divers (if you haven’t done so yet, go check it out). In body and spirit, the Trieste definitely pulls a bit on the heritage of ’60s and ’70s-era skin divers (and it has a bit of the Blancpain Bathyscape in there, too).

http://wornandwound.com/review/hands-no ... ste-diver/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: HANDS-ON WITH THE NODUS TRIESTE DIVER

Postby biglove » June 10th 2017, 6:00am

Reasonable size and specs. Bracelet clasp looks like stamped crap, lume is a joke. Do not like those hands at all.

Reminds me of an Obris Morgan offering. Am guessing this one is largely a stock Chinese parts catalog watch pieced together.

Nice that it is regulated, if that can be believed.

Just too many other options in that price range that can deliver.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » June 10th 2017, 7:53am

I am, like foghorn, inflicted with a dreadful ennui looking at this wartche. Another micro that makes me vomit my fucking guts out. The dial is boring, the case is boring, the movements are boring (but serviceable and not vomit-inducing.) The handset, however, is the game-changer: it is projectile-vomit-inducing--it makes me jet copious amounts of puke across my living room to bespatter my black velvet painting of Mongo dressed in conquistador armor.

One wonders how much the maker ponied up for this article; was it simply a free wartche with some swag, or did money actually change hands?
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » June 10th 2017, 8:04am

Most of these hands on offerings make we want to go hands on somebodys neck. Not that there is anything horribly wrong with the watch but just the same old, hey this one is somehow different than the other million or so hacked together frankenwatches. I'm likely too skeptical but I find most watch blog blathering as annoying as a Bovine Invicter Extravaganza. Hey can we get another hand in pocket shot?
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby eddiea » June 10th 2017, 10:10am

Looks like the STP1-11 has become a popular choice for micro-brands, hopefully a better movement than the basic, almost agricultural SSI NH35A, horrible timekeeping ....
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to Dive Watches