WRUW 9/9/17

WRUW 9/9/17

Postby TemerityB » September 8th 2017, 10:05pm

Cheapjack Horology Impossible To Disprove Drizzling BS O' The Week:
"I've been a fan of this company, these watches, for many, many years." - Skip Connelly on Glycine
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: WRUW 9/9/17

Postby Mortuus » September 8th 2017, 11:12pm

T'is a very nice TOSSIT TISSOT watch, TB... Meanwhile, on the other side of WL's, Mortuus was preparing his contribution to the WURW daily broadcast; let's listen in, shall we?

Mort (in his best Walter Cronkite voice): "Starting off my weekend with one of the nicest SWISS LEGEND watches ever built, IMHO, the SW 'Throttle' (or, for those in the seamier parts of the UK, "Thraw-OOLE!"). Complete with three rows of sparkly little diamonds, a black MOP dial and a black IP case and bracelet, with stainless steel highlights, it's definitely a looker. The only downside for this particular cub reporter is the fact that it's a quartz watch. Nonetheless, as Meatloaf himself might have opined about this lovely timepiece, "two outta three ain't bad." HAGWE, everyone!! And that's the way it is, here on Watchlords, Saturday, 9 September, 2017. Uh-this is Mort as Walter Cronkite, uh-good night..." :shock: :???: :| :roll:

8-)
"The trouble with internet quotes is that they're very difficult to prove as having actually been said by that person." - Abraham Lincoln
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » September 9th 2017, 4:07am

adnaP

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby AJC » September 9th 2017, 4:47am

Just a watch for you fawkers

-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby biglove » September 9th 2017, 5:29am

This little fluffball was waiting for me when I came home from a business trip years ago. My daughter had been out driving around, as young folks new to driving do, when she saw this little one and two siblings eating road kill in the middle of a country road.

The siblings ran off but Wiley didn't budge. Turns out there is a puppy mill near there and the lady who owns it dumps unwanted pups. Haley brought her home and bathed her before she sent me a pic. I, with two dogs already, told her we weren't going to keep her.

Before I got back home the next week she was fed, given lots of love and had a trip to the vet to treat the myriad of infestations she suffered.

When I got home it was an instant, "ok, we will keep her." She was so street smart she would eat only if we put her bowl in a corner where she could see all around her as she ate. That's better now.

Vet says she is part Corgi and God knows what else. Her behavior seems to be Corgi+Jack Russell.

Over the last few years when I got sick with my heart issues then the DIABEETUS, she has completely attached herself to me. Where I go, she goes. Somehow she has chosen me to be hers. And I am honored.

"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby NorthCountry » September 9th 2017, 5:49am

NorthCountry
Senior Member & WIS

Postby codguy » September 9th 2017, 5:54am

To a six band rock festival today

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » September 9th 2017, 6:01am

codguy wrote:To a six band rock festival today

I got the perfect 6 band watch for you Cod. Any "soul" bands playing?

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby SynMike » September 9th 2017, 9:29am

I'm wearing one of my beaters to help family member move into a new place:

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
SynMike
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Thunder1 » September 9th 2017, 11:02am

For around the casa today..

For this evening..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 9th 2017, 12:01pm

Had a spare 16mm strap (which previously was on the Tissot that I bought as a dial donor for the 14ct one)- peccary leather by Hirsch, slightly worn surface, but all intact and perfectly good for use. Oiled it a bit, now it's great. The one this little Eterna arrived on was sort of a makeshift solution, and it wasn't quite comfortable- a strap with slightly worn looks to it is somehow very fitting for the nicely aged dial.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby iwasbanned » September 9th 2017, 12:39pm

iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » September 9th 2017, 2:28pm

Thunder1 wrote:Image

Man.
Cheapjack Horology Impossible To Disprove Drizzling BS O' The Week:
"I've been a fan of this company, these watches, for many, many years." - Skip Connelly on Glycine
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to Watch You Are Wearing