Monday 7/3/17

Re: Monday 7/3/17

Postby foghorn » July 3rd 2017, 3:05pm

A rare switch for me. I have donned my citrus waRtCh for July 4th eve

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby Thunder1 » July 3rd 2017, 3:11pm

^^Sweeter than a bee's knees..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby AJC » July 3rd 2017, 3:47pm

Mortuus wrote:Love the watch, but I'm afraid it's being upstaged by the cutie-pie in the stroller...a daughter? Too adorable, my friend!

Thank you, Donny! That's also the name of his little stuffed elephant I won for him in a claw machine, (can't sleep without it).

That's a car seat, not a stroller (or carrier as his mom would say) and he's a boy... Austin John Calvarese.

We're watching a documentary on the 1980 Philadelphia Phillies, while she cooks dinner, and it's really holding his attention something amazing.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » July 3rd 2017, 4:01pm

AJC wrote:
Mortuus wrote:Love the watch, but I'm afraid it's being upstaged by the cutie-pie in the stroller...a daughter? Too adorable, my friend!

Thank you, Donny! That's also the name of his little stuffed elephant I won for him in a claw machine, (can't sleep without it).

That's a car seat, not a stroller (or carrier as his mom would say) and he's a boy... Austin John Calvarese.

We're watching a documentary on the 1980 Philadelphia Phillies, while she cooks dinner, and it's really holding his attention something amazing.

Say it ain't so!! Austinthony a budding Phillies fan? Save him Andrewthony and put a Nationals game on. Anything!

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 4:09pm

Thunder1 wrote:Wore this to work this morning..

Switched to this after work..

Does Omega chrono come with three colors like this or is it a modified?
PiningforElgin

Postby Mortuus » July 3rd 2017, 4:10pm

AJC wrote:

Congratulations, Andrewthony! (And sorry about the mistaken sex-assignment; I saw the pinkish color of his shirt and was out of the gate!) The Phillies? He could do much, much worse...like the Padres, ferinstance. :evil: At any rate, after all you went through in the last couple of years, I'm thrilled that all of this has come to pass; truly, you're like that fabled phoenix we've all read about and envied at one time or another. Well done, my young Jedi knight friend... 8-)
"Stupid is as stupid does." - Forrest Gump
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby AJC » July 3rd 2017, 4:29pm

Did you... did you just assume his gender?

Also, this year, it would he hard to do worse than the Phillies and their bottom of the barrel record.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby four of diamonds » July 3rd 2017, 5:00pm

Trapped in the office today. Just got home. Glad on had this on all day. Simple dial, accurate as a 1960's watch can be.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
four of diamonds
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mortuus » July 3rd 2017, 5:25pm

AJC wrote:Did you... did you just assume his gender?

No...wait, what?

AJC wrote:Also, this year, it would he hard to do worse than the Phillies and their bottom of the barrel record.

Maybe so, but at least the Phillies have brought a World Series title home to Philly...we're still waiting, here in Sandy Eggo. When I was younger, I used to think to myself, Okay, so my Chargers and Padres suck. No big deal, though; I'm young, and I'm sure I'll live long enough to see it in my lifetime! Nowadays, post-911, post-Fallujah and post-PTSD, with its expectation-of-a-foreshortened-life symptomology, I'm not-at-all sure of anything, especially as I draw closer to the age Conjurer was 20 years ago... :???:
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » July 3rd 2017, 5:26pm

At least the Padres have Don Orsillo.

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby Mortuus » July 3rd 2017, 5:32pm

four of diamonds wrote:Trapped in the office today. Just got home. Glad on had this on all day. Simple dial, accurate as a 1960's watch can be.

Hey, 4oD, while I think it sux like an Electrolux that you had to spend that long a time in the office, I sure do like that Enicar chrono an awful lot. I have a three-hand Eni, and I love it el mucho... 8-)
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby Mortuus » July 3rd 2017, 5:36pm

Thunder1 wrote:^^Sweeter than a bee's knees..

It really is, Thundy... ORANGE you glad you wore it, Foggy?
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby four of diamonds » July 3rd 2017, 5:39pm

Thanks Mort. Found that one years ago at an estate sale. The top pusher was missing, but it kept time. Fast forward to last year and my watchmaker made a new pusher, did a COA and it was back to life. I also have this two hand Enicar Ultrasonic from the early fifties. A real beauty like yours.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
four of diamonds
Watchlord WIS

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 5:52pm

abduksion wrote:Fossil Asian 6497 for me today.

Its probably too large for me, otherwise looks good!! Is the rotating bezel real or decorative?
PiningforElgin

Postby abduksion » July 3rd 2017, 6:03pm

PiningforElgin wrote:
abduksion wrote:Fossil Asian 6497 for me today.

Its probably too large for me, otherwise looks good!! Is the rotating bezel real or decorative?

Thanks its a 47mm I believe? And a non rotating bezel.
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf.
abduksion
Old Fart

Postby Mortuus » July 3rd 2017, 6:08pm

four of diamonds wrote:Thanks Mort. Found that one years ago at an estate sale. The top pusher was missing, but it kept time. Fast forward to last year and my watchmaker made a new pusher, did a COA and it was back to life. I also have this two hand Enicar Ultrasonic from the early fifties. A real beauty like yours.....

Very nice, 4oD...me likey! 8-)
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby Mortuus » July 3rd 2017, 6:16pm

foghorn wrote:At least the Padres have Don Orsillo.

Which does them about as much good as having Don Corleone in the broadcast booth with him... :???:
Last edited by Mortuus on July 3rd 2017, 6:23pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 6:18pm

Changed to my Chinese "minimalist" watch

PiningforElgin

Postby AJC » July 5th 2017, 4:38pm

Mortuus wrote:Congratulations, Andrewthony!

Here he was yesterday enjoying his first 4th of July and first swim. I dunked him twice and he loved it!

-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mortuus » July 5th 2017, 6:03pm

AJC wrote:
Mortuus wrote:Congratulations, Andrewthony!

Here he was yesterday enjoying his first 4th of July and first swim. I dunked him twice and he loved it!

Oh, man, that little booger is a friggin' thief! He just stole my heart, sure as shit zips through a goose, 'Drewthony! I mean, holy giblets and gorgonzola gravy, Batman! You are a very wealthy man, young sir; very wealthy indeed...jeez, I better post this before I start patting you on the back and calling you "son!" :D
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby PiningforElgin » July 5th 2017, 6:04pm

Congrats!
PiningforElgin

Postby biglove » July 5th 2017, 6:18pm

That's Enicar three hander is magnificent.

But have to say AJC's little one steals the show. Absolutely an adorable little one.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Previous

Return to Watch You Are Wearing