HANDS-ON: Bell & Ross BR V2-92 Garde-Côtes

Watches from Other EU countries

HANDS-ON: Bell & Ross BR V2-92 Garde-Côtes

Postby Racer-X » December 13th 2017, 9:37pm

by Felix Scholz "A few months ago we had a look at the Bell & Ross BR V2-94 Garde-Côtes, an orange-accented twist on their vintage chronograph. Well, today we’re going to pare it back a little further, with the time and date BR V2-92 Garde-Côtes. Looking at Jason’s excellent photos of this watch it should be quite apparent the sort of watch you’re looking at here. A no-fuss 41mm automatic, with a bright personality."

Article at Time and Tide

Credit Time and Tide
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: HANDS-ON: Bell & Ross BR V2-92 Garde-Côtes

Postby biglove » December 13th 2017, 10:17pm

Decent enough looking watch, one of the few B&R models that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyeballs out and set them on fire. No doubt, it is way overpriced for what it is.

I hold B&R about where some of our esteemed WL brethren hold MB&F.

All in all, both brands aren't lacking for skulls, sombreros, and goofy ass designs.

I can appreciate MB&F at least for their technological and design innovations. B&R, not so much.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Pubbie » December 14th 2017, 6:42am

I like Bellend Ross (catchy pejorative epithet out of the way!) because of their oddball designs and how they wind the fuck up out of the purists. I'm sorry but there's room for them too.

They've always made conservative round watches in conservative diameters and they make them very well. I used to have a Demineur which was cheap and tough. Sure, they're stupid overpriced today but they're not alone there.

This one doesn't seem here or there. Nice enough mashup of various designs (you don't need unity of design purpose when all you do is wear it to the office or a wine bar ferchrissakes!) but doesn't stand out from a TAG, which is cheaper, or a Black Bay, which has a better movement.

Nice bracelets though (go and look at one).
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » December 14th 2017, 8:19am

This wartche doesn't totally suck rancid donkey balls. I appreciate the colourways.
My horse, Dobby, was my big present

--Smellody

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to European Watch Making