Bell & Ross Vintage BR V1-92 Military

Watches from Other EU countries

Bell & Ross Vintage BR V1-92 Military

Postby Racer-X » October 12th 2017, 8:58pm

by Brice Goulard "Back at Baselworld 2017, Bell & Ross pleased collectors by launching a new "Vintage" collection, which had quite some arguments: smaller in diameter, with slimmer cases, an overall redesigned shape, some cool details... A winning combination for many B&R lovers. Among the 3 watches presented (3-hand, 3-hand with rotatable bezel and chronograph), the model that probably stroke me most was the simpler HMS version, a no-nonsense utilitarian, small and reasonably priced watch. This Bell & Ross Vintage BR V1-92 today receives its "Military" badges, in a new (and super-cool) version."

Article at Monochrome

Credit Monochrome
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Bell & Ross Vintage BR V1-92 Military

Postby bobbee » October 12th 2017, 11:48pm

I like it, just two little niggles.

1- you don't need a date window on a military or military type watch, and the position of this one spoils the look a tad.

2- the minute hand ought to be a dagger type like the hour hand.
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » October 13th 2017, 4:55pm

Nice, but confusing. The minute markers are from one type of the B-Uhr, the hour hand from another, the minute hand from a British WWW or a German D/DH/DU/KM-spec watch, red marking (used to be for the tritium lume, I'll be fucked if I know what purpose does it have now) from the Bundeswehr's flyback chronographs by Sinn and Heuer, the case style is something of mix of the Omega WWW and 6B/159... What a fucking mess. A nice mess, though.

If they'd make the hands look like a matching set and remove that date window, it would look truly great.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby bobbee » October 14th 2017, 12:16am

"MT" = "Mock Tritium"? :scratch:
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby Pubbie » October 14th 2017, 12:43am

The regular 3-6-9-12 dial is better without all the fuss. But I like the size and shape, and the fact I can buy two of these Sellita-powered watches from Chanel (which owns B&R) for the price of one Sellita-powered watch from Richemont (which owns IWC)
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Return to European Watch Making