The Timex Archive Project Collection

The Timex Archive Project Collection

Postby Racer-X » December 16th 2017, 5:38am

"The Timex Archive project represents 160 years of watchmaking innovation and expertise. It all began with a group of artisans and craftsmen in the New England town of Waterbury, Connecticut. What that group created would ultimately become synonymous with time itself and propel timekeeping from the mantelpiece to the pocket, on to the wrist. The small and scrappy Waterbury Clock Company was the beginning of an American icon: Timex.

This signature collection celebrates and honors those pioneering craftsman. Inspired by our heritage the Timex Archive capsule collection presents a new generation of timeless watches for a new generation of pioneers."

Timex Archive Project

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: The Timex Archive Project Collection

Postby foghorn » December 16th 2017, 5:53am

Cool concept.
The "do your mix" wheel is brilliant!
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby Racer-X » December 16th 2017, 6:07am

I like this too, and it reminded me of Undone's online customizer, which also works on mobile, but obviously without the heritage. I thought it was pretty well executed.

https://www.undone.watch/watch/customize_series/urban-vintage/209-274-216-206-225-243-263

I could certainly see picking up one of these Timexes.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby four of diamonds » December 16th 2017, 10:06pm

Timex was headquartered close to where I am from. As a child, neighbors worked at Timex, so these models are a reminder of Timex back in the day. The Whitney Avenue models take the namesake of Route 10, which in Hamden and New Haven is called Whitney Avenue after Eli Whitney. His original factory just off of Whitney Avenue on Lake Whitney has been preserved and is open to the public. Whitney Avenue runs into the Yale campus, hence the references to Ivy League students. The Waterbury product line is of course named after the city of Waterbury, which once was a magnificent small city and where Timex got its start. Today Waterbury is rundown and forgotten, a real shame. Timex is now located a few miles west of Waterbury in Middlebury Connecticut.
four of diamonds
Master of Time

Return to Timex