Help need with Timex TX watch repair

Help need with Timex TX watch repair

Postby Ofcmark » July 10th 2014, 7:21pm

Back in March Svaglic posted a picture of a Timex TX watch. I liked what I saw so I asked about it. I was on EBay and found a Timex TX Luxury Men’s 300 Series Perpetual Calendar Watch model T3B801 so I bought it. When I got the watch I noticed that the day, date and month needed to be set. After checking on You Tube and other internet sources I could not find anything on how to set this watch so after an hour or so I was able to set the day and month but not the date so I gave up and call customer service at Timex. I was told for $10.00 they would change the battery and recalibrate watch and set everything for me, so I sent it in.

Four weeks later I get the watch back, and not only is it not reset, it’s not even running. So I called customer service back and explained everything to them. They told me to send the watch back and they would try again. I asked them to pick up the shipping for FedEx because the shipping they provided had no insurance or tracking. They said they don’t have a FedEx number. I asked if there was any way that I could get the repair expedited due to the fact I have already waited 4 weeks. I was told no again.

I asked to speak to the reps supervisor, and the supervisor told me that she thought the watch might have been damaged somehow. I asked her that if the watch was sent back and it needed repair would they call me. She told me no they would replace it. I told her that the watch was no longer being made. She said they would replace it with another similar Timex watch. I asked her if the watch was broke couldn’t they just fix it and not replace it. The supervisor told me there in the watch sale business not repair.

At this point I asked for my money to be refunded and ended my conversation with her. I took the watch to my local guy and he could not figure it out either. So I have the watch that I can’t get fixed. Can anyone here help a brother out in getting this watch fixed?
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Re: Help need with Timex TX watch repair

Postby svaglic » July 10th 2014, 7:51pm

That sucks to hear, my battery is going to have to be changed soon. My flyback is already dead, now I'm afraid.
Check out this place.
http://www.watchrepairsusa.com/index.php
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby svaglic » July 10th 2014, 8:28pm

Did you send it here?
http://www.timex.com/info/repairs

In the United States
Hotline Watch Service
PO Box 2740
Little Rock, AR 72203
or
Hotline Watch Service
Returns Department
Building 19, Adams Field
Little Rock, AR 72202
Ph: 800-448-4639

Outside the United States, please contact your local Timex retailer or distributor.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » July 10th 2014, 9:19pm

Is the movement a proprietary Timex item? If not, you should be able (as a last resort) to source a replacement from Miyota or Seiko or whoever and simply have someone local install it. This, of course, may amount to more than you have in the watch in the first place.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby Luftwafflles » July 10th 2014, 10:49pm

This sounds a lot like reported experiences with another (but very feared) watch company. Well, except the part where you actually got your money, and your watch, back.
I woke up this morning to discover a photo of myself sleeping. I live alone.

Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Ofcmark » July 11th 2014, 1:18am

svaglic yes that is where I sent it, I just can't believe that a company the size of Timex can't fix this watch.
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby svaglic » July 11th 2014, 7:25am

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/brief- ... ost3227548
Page 2 post 2, has instructions and a link. If you call the store on the link, they may be able to help you.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Horse Feathers » July 11th 2014, 7:39am

The supervisor told me there in the watch sale business not repair.

Officer, everybody has a boss. You need to get to this guys ASAP and let them know that you were told that selling a watch is more important than keeping a customer. Let them know the model number (guys look this up , it's not cheap) you are part of watch forum and we take support seriously and are keeping the members updated.

Perhaps the guy was being honest, as waffles mentioned others play this as well.

I would escalate this as needed (email makes it easier). I would also carefully review your written warranty. If they are not abiding by their commitments in the written warranty you can seek help through the FTC or State Attorney Generals Offices (don't waste your time with the BBB, it's a bullshit private scamming company that means shit).

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby Datsun240Z71 » July 11th 2014, 7:55am

Their warranty plainly states they can replace the watch with one of similar value:

If this watch develops such a defect within the one year period, it will be repaired (i.e. a new or thoroughly reconditioned and inspected module will be installed or replaced and a watch of equal value and similar appearance will be supplied) at our option, provided it is returned with a $8.00 check or money order to cover costs of postage, handling, and service, and you provide proof of purchase and date of purchase.

https://www.timex.com/info/warranty
Randy in Nashville
Datsun240Z71
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » July 11th 2014, 8:59am

Ofcmark wrote:svaglic yes that is where I sent it, I just can't believe that a company the size of Timex can't fix this watch.

Alas, Mark, if Timex no longer has these modules/movements in stock, you may well be hosed. Most quartz movements are not repairable. When one breaks, manufacturers generally just swap out the dead movement with a new one. If there are none available, they replace it with a different watch. I think this is a bullshit policy myself, but there you go.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Ofcmark » July 11th 2014, 1:54pm

H.F. & Conj When I spoke to the supervisor she told me they would replace it with a like model of their choices because the watch is not being made anymore. When I asked her about repairing it, that’s when she told me that there in the watch sales business not repair, so with that attitude I asked for a refunded of my money and choose to find someone to fix the watch. I truly think it just needed to be reset and the service person at timex just didn’t do it.
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby svaglic » July 11th 2014, 2:07pm

The link, in my post before this, talks about a reset button. One guy suggests leaving the back off while the watch is being set, that way if you make a mistake you can have easy access to the button.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Ofcmark » July 11th 2014, 2:34pm

I don't have the tool to remove the back of the watch. Also most of the link talk about a date window this watch dose not have one.
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby svaglic » July 11th 2014, 2:49pm

Can you call the place the link is to (K and K Watch LTD)? Maybe they can fix it.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Ofcmark » July 11th 2014, 2:55pm

Ok I have been messing with the pusher buttons for about fifty minutes now and got the watch to start working at least it will keep time now.
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby Airframer » July 11th 2014, 3:05pm

Mark: 1, Timex: 0
Airframer
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Ofcmark » July 18th 2014, 4:25pm

Here’s an update I was talking with AJC who was kind enough to offer me to send the watch to him so he could take to his watchmaker friend to see if he could do anything with it. He could not fix it but offered the suggestion to try Timex in London. Well I was thinking of trying that but I figured the cost of shipping it to London would be too expensive.

So I typed in Timex watch repair in google well up popped Timex Canada with an 800 number so I thought well what the hell it isn’t going to cost me anything for the call so I called their customer service department. The woman that I spoke to was very helpful she was curious why I called Canada and not customer service in the US.

So I told her the whole story. She actually sounded shocked by how I was treated and when I told her about the US supervisor telling me Timex was in the watch sales business not repair she put me in touch with her supervisor who in turn gave me the customer service supervisor (Director) for the USA name and number

I telephone her and left a voice message telling her the same story I have told everyone. Well to my surprises about 45 minute later I got a telephone call from her. After speaking with her, when I get the watch back from AJC, I am to send it to her personally and she will handle the repair or recalibrating herself. She also ordered a refund of my money and everything will be done for free to include return shipping. I will keep everyone posted, and thanks again AJC you’re a standup guy.
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » July 18th 2014, 4:27pm

Well done!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » July 18th 2014, 4:46pm

Great to hear!
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Horse Feathers » July 18th 2014, 5:13pm

Well done but like I said in my earlier post, everybody has a boss. Climb the chain next time you are treated that way as a customer ;)

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby Ofcmark » August 9th 2014, 7:00pm

Just a follow up message, I got the watch back today recalibrated set properly to the right time zone and a refunded check for the original battery replacement. Thank you Mrs Harris for taking the time to make things right.
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » August 9th 2014, 7:03pm

That's great news, Mark. Alas, this is the way customers used to be treated back in the Olden Dayes--like, when Mortuus was young.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby svaglic » August 9th 2014, 7:25pm

Dude, put all the info in one post and we will have it for later for those who will need it.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Ofcmark » August 9th 2014, 7:43pm

John I thought that was a sun dial :)

Svaglic I don't want to even think about four years from now when the battery dies
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Return to Timex