Hands-On with the Nostalgic Gucci G-Timeless Automatic

Fashion brands such as Gucci, Hermes' and similar are here

Hands-On with the Nostalgic Gucci G-Timeless Automatic

Postby Racer-X » July 17th 2017, 10:21pm

by Su Jia Xian (SJX) "Gucci has had a good run of late under the direction of creative director Alessandro Michele who was installed in 2015. With creations alternately flamboyant and nostalgic, Michele made Gucci cool again, a success reflected in the 48% increase in first quarter sales for the year.

Alongside the rejuvenated fashion and leather goods, Gucci watches have a similar visual style, which a vaguely retro feel and a lot of colourful, embroidered dials. The watch line-up includes hits and misses – the fabric dials are unusual but appealing while the longstanding G-shaped bezel looks dated – but most notable, despite the clumsy name, is the G-Timeless 38mm Automatic."

Article at SJX

Photo credit SJX
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Hands-On with the Nostalgic Gucci G-Timeless Automatic

Postby Falstaff » July 19th 2017, 7:06am

A bit fey....
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby eddiea » July 19th 2017, 9:12am

Zenith clues, nicely done dial...looks like a piece that will appeal mostly to the ladies in the know...
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » July 19th 2017, 7:47pm

The star-shaped markers remind me of the "Stelline" Rolexes of the 1950s. Frankly, if they would have stopped at using the straight hour markers at 3, 9 and 12 - and ideally, also at 6 instead of a date window - and the star markers everywhere else, it wouldn't be half bad. And, if it had no crown guards, and if the name on the dial wasn't Gucci.
All in all, to me the watch appears too feminine to be a gents' or unisex one, and that said, hell take me if I'd ever bloody wear it. But if I'd see some nice lass wearing one, I'd say that's a lass with class.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Return to Fashion Watch Brands