The Lackluster Watch Collection Of Donald Trump

Fashion brands such as Gucci, Hermes' and similar are here

The Lackluster Watch Collection Of Donald Trump

Postby TemerityB » February 9th 2017, 1:38pm

Frankly Mr. Trump's watch collection pales in comparison to past Presidents, especially against Harry S. Truman and Lyndon Baines Johnson. Truman was personally involved with the Gallet Flight Officer being supplied to members of the USAAF and wore one frequently, was the first President to receive a Vulcain Cricket, wore a beautiful Universal Geneve Tri-Compax Ref. 12551 whilst signing the Potsdam Treaty and had many timepieces gifted to him throughout his Presidency. Lyndon B. Johnson was the first President we know that definitely wore a Patek Philippe (Ref. 2526) and the first President to truly love his Vulcain Cricket, even going so far to purchase two hundred in bulk to give away as gifts. He received a unique Jaeger-LeCoultre World Timer and of course his famous Rolex Day-Date "President".

Most modern Presidents and candidates are at a disadvantage if they want to wear expensive watches as it is seen as unwise for politicians to flaunt any wealth whilst in office. The last President to wear a luxury watch in office was President Reagan with his Rolex Datejust. You would think that someone who owns a private jet, who formerly owned the Empire State Building and who openly speaks about their apparent yugely successful business would have at least one or two watches on their wrist, if not for a passion for horology but as a status symbol. Not Donald Trump though.

Two weeks ago I wrote about the lackluster watch collection of Mr. Donald Trump, the Republican Nomination for President of the United States, and in interest of balance, here are the watches of the Democratic Nominee, Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Aug 26, 2016
From what I've found, there appears to be five wristwatches associated with Mr. Trump: a yellow gold ultra-thin watch, a larger gold watch that is potentially a Rolex, a Senna chronograph by Universal Geneve, an Azad Power Tourbillon and the Trump Signature Collection that was briefly sold at Macy's.

http://www.timepiecechronicle.com/featu ... nald-trump
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: The Lackluster Watch Collection Of Donald Trump

Postby BigCheez » February 9th 2017, 2:05pm

Maybe Pootie Poot can influence him on wristwatches, too?
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby Hawk » February 9th 2017, 2:14pm

The "yellow gold ultra-thin watch" could be anything from a PVD quartz to a Piaget Altiplano.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby artman » February 9th 2017, 5:09pm

Yeah, I thought Trump would have a badass Rolex collection as good as Smells. I am disappointed.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby eddiea » February 10th 2017, 12:12am

artman wrote:Yeah, I thought Trump would have a badass Rolex collection as good as Smells. I am disappointed.

Money can't buy class....
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » February 10th 2017, 11:43am

This is just another example of the haters gonna hate. The author says the last president to wear a luxury watch is Reagan-a Datejust. Then he says most modern presidents don't wear an expensive watch because it's a sign of wealth. Then he bags on Trump for doing just that. Any of the watches "associated" with Trump are at least equal to or more expensive than a Datejust. Just saying. Love him or loath him, Trump has a 757 worth tens of millions of dollars-far more than any watch mentioned in the article. Just wondering-did the more conservative members here bag on Obama for wearing a $200 watch given to him by the Secret Service? I'll go check and find out. There are a thousand reasons to dislike Trump. Fretting about his watch wear likely says more about the commenter than Trump himself. And people wonder why Trump uses a Twitter account.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby spanky1 » February 10th 2017, 12:13pm

Mark1 wrote:This is just another example of the haters gonna hate. The author says the last president to wear a luxury watch is Reagan-a Datejust. Then he says most modern presidents don't wear an expensive watch because it's a sign of wealth. Then he bags on Trump for doing just that. Any of the watches "associated" with Trump are at least equal to or more expensive than a Datejust. Just saying. Love him or loath him, Trump has a 757 worth tens of millions of dollars-far more than any watch mentioned in the article. Just wondering-did the more conservative members here bag on Obama for wearing a $200 watch given to him by the Secret Service? I'll go check and find out. There are a thousand reasons to dislike Trump. Fretting about his watch wear likely says more about the commenter than Trump himself. And people wonder why Trump uses a Twitter account.

:bvbvbv: :bvbvbv: :bvbvbv:
spanky1
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Fashion Watch Brands