The Sayings of Chairman Lalo _ By Boscoe

Fashion brands such as Gucci, Hermes' and similar are here

The Sayings of Chairman Lalo _ By Boscoe

Postby koimaster » February 12th 2010, 3:37pm

My favorite Pug lover, Boscoe posted this at another forum in 2008. I do not think he will mind if I share this with everyone. For those who do not know Dan, he has a wicked sense of humor and I am looking forward to his opening a new forum and being able to read RadiofreeBoscoe again.

From The New Little (Cheese) Yellow Book complied by Boscoe:*

" I think the problem is really not a problem."

*Made from Swiss Parts

During a visit to Shopnbc 12/11/06

"We have to guard how we made this watch because many are trying to mimic Invicta's works lately."

We are master watch makers.

___

I think once you own one, you will understand. It's truly a wonderful, quality-made product.
We value people's money.
__

"High quality. That's what Invicta is known for."

__

"We use "gen-u-wine" lizards to manufacture our watch bands!"

My grandmother had a lot to do with the Invicta brand in her days.

__

Think about the chairman's glowing endorsement of another company's customer service next time his firm has you pulling your hair out:

On April 11, our staff arrived at the office to discover we had experienced a major server crash… right in the middle of our quarterly reporting and billing process. Fortunately, we had recently contracted with PC USA to provide on going support for our IT needs. Dedicated team members at PC USA contributed to our getting up and running again, so quickly! Not only did your team spend numerous working hours to alleviate our critical situation, but many overtime hours, as well. Although there were many important factors that contributed to the restoration process, one that was extremely important was the time your team took to properly train us in making backups.
- Eyal Lalo, CEO INVICTA Watch Group
__

Here our fearless leader holds forth on Invicta's roots and rich traditions, which still inspire us to this day:

"The popularity of the product was because it was a low end watch."

-__

Some people just cannot swallow the fact that you can buy a good product from us at such a low price.

__

Details. It's all in the details. That's what Invicta is all about.

__

I'm a third generation watchmaker from a family in Switzerland.

__

We sell to mostly mom-and-pop-owned jewelry stores, remote areas.

__

This watch has a Swiss movement. We're all about delivering value to our customers.

__

We buy finished movements, but we actually make the components.

__

People were complaining that they couldn't read the numbers, so we modified the luminescent material on the dial for better readability.
__

I think our watches are beautiful.
__

I travel often to Japan, and we also have offices in Hong Kong where we have some production for the low end.

__

Look at all the complications on this watch. That is attention to detail.
__

We are not competing with high end watches.
__

We don't control our dealers as to how much they can discount.
__

It's only about price.

__

Ownership of the Invicta brand has changed hands a number of times.

__

Though we own an assembly factory in Switzerland we currently do not distribute or market our watches in Switzerland.

__

I read the posts a lot and I see how the people on the forums get into arguments over our watches.

__

There isn't the stigma attached to shopping networks there once was.

__

When they started buying Invicta watches, there began on the forums a lot of conflict about the watch.

__

I own the brand. My family marketed Invicta in the European markets and other markets including the Middle East in the 1970's. That's where the brand is big.

__

We have over 1,000 models.

__

If you can't afford it, this (Invicta) is what you have to go with. Let's take Franck Muller as an example. It's a beautiful watch. I would love to own one, but they are too much money

__

This is an ETA 2824 movement. Invicta is one of the few companies certified to use this movement. That's an indication of our standing in the watch industry today.

__

Different people consider themselves watch collectors when they wear different watches.
We put in a lot of effort into our production based on the consumers.

__

"Details. Look at the attention to detail. It's the attention to detail that makes Invicta one of the most powerful forces in the watch industry today."

__

Invicta has very high standards quality control Systems and service centers. We test and check all of our watches for quality control but there are times when something that is less than perfect gets through and no body gets more upset or takes it more personally than me. So if you have a bad apple, send it back! I always need to know where we failed with your specific item but while we are on the subject, our percentage of return much lower then any other brand in the business. Invicta does have higher volumes of sales, many people do not understand this fact ? so with many customers, the complaints are very loud, yet the praises remain the same tone because it is what people come to expect from Invicta. I do not believe that for a company that is FOCUSED on QUALITY and VALUE, that such a concern could be an issue, it is how the name was built and will continue to be built.

__

It's patented! It's a patented design! Invicta holds the patent on the design. So no one else can do it. That's why no one else makes a watch like this!

__

The Chairman's thoughts on the Quartz Multifuction Watch ($69 to $89) assembled in Asia and branded "Swiss Parts Movement."

...This is Swiss! This is Swiss! Look at this watch! Where can you get a Swiss watch at this price point? It's a Swiss movement... (on shopnbc)

__

On defective products....

I'm really sorry that you had to send your watches back. You have to remember that because of our price point, we market to ninety-nine percent of the population. We can't please everyone.

__

In my opinion you are not a serious watch maker unless you can also make your own movements. That's why Invicta has its own company Technic Swiss Ebauche Microtenique, developing its own line of movements. (7/23/06)
__

“I like to be known as the Robin Hood of this (the watch) industry.”

__

We do not want to compete against our dealers. We are manufacturer. We are not a retailer store.We don't want direct contact with the consumers. We are not interested.

__

I do not wish for anyone to pay FULL ticket RETAIL for an Invicta, that is NOT our mission.

__

I'm really sorry that you had to send your watches back.

__

I enjoy the manufacturing side of the product and the marketing of it.

__

Despite Invicta's growth I can assure you there are still A LOT of people in the U.S. that have not heard of the Invicta brand.

__

Yes, Citizen uses the same movement. But, to buy a Citizen watch with that type of movement, you will pay over $250, at least.

__

There are similarities in movements made by companies like Swiss ETA, Seiko and Miyota.

__

It's an introduction to watches. You have got to start some place.

__

It's not a throw away watch.

__

Not everyone can afford higher price watches, so you might start with an Invicta watch.

__

I think Franck Muller is selling art and not timepieces.

__

We let the market find its own price point.

__

When companies are copying you it is both flattering and frustrating and because of it and others we have patented a lot of our case designs.

__

You don't start with a quartz watch with a $1.50 movement to begin a serious collection.

__

We have just invested in a customized service system that will handle orders and warranties.

__

An Invicta watch selling for thousands of dollars will be of better and higher quality as a comparable piece selling for two or three times that.

__

You can still find a lot of old Invicta watches.

__

What is or isn't our best watch is up to all of you.

__

I urge you to get on the phones right now. This price will go away in minutes.

__

When you're at our price range, there's a lot more buyers out there than for the more expensive watches, so you'll sell more volume.

__

TV has been very good to us. We have retail prices printed and we use them. Most of our dealers use them as a base for discount.
__

Some people have Invicta as their everyday watch, and they'll have a higher end watches for more important events.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: The Sayings of Chairman Lalo _ By Boscoe

Postby Darksider » February 12th 2010, 4:23pm

I lost count of the contradictions in those quotes. This guy is a mess. I saw quotes of facilities in Hong Kong and Japan, but no mention of Switzerland..... go figure. :roll:
Darksider
Founder

Postby Guest » February 24th 2010, 10:04am

you know where my coffee went to reading this post. Image

Postby Ditchdoc » February 24th 2010, 11:38am

Eyal reminds me of John lovetts character on SNL "the pathological liar" LOL!
Ditchdoc

Postby Darksider » December 17th 2010, 8:17pm

<<\
Darksider
Founder

Postby boscoe » December 18th 2010, 9:58am

Yes, I spent a lot of time on these over the years. Alas, they have been lost to JBHII's black hole
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby Ditchdoc » December 18th 2010, 12:06pm

LMAO!!!! I love the one: “I like to be known as the Robin Hood of this (the watch) industry.”

Ditchdoc

Postby bigedsurf » December 18th 2010, 12:19pm

boscoe wrote:Yes, I spent a lot of time on these over the years. Alas, they have been lost to JBHII's black hole

for my edification, could you tell me what is JBHII ??
time flies.........
bigedsurf
WIS - Retired

Postby boscoe » December 18th 2010, 12:31pm

JBHII is the mullah who runs a forum where I was the Original Invicta Forum mod/admin
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby bigedsurf » December 18th 2010, 12:35pm

gotcha....thanx
time flies.........
bigedsurf
WIS - Retired

Postby DX » December 18th 2010, 12:42pm

If his mouth is running his brain is disengaged...
DX
Watchlord WIS

Postby LIES ALL LIES!!! » December 18th 2010, 2:00pm

The only true'ism there was "We value people's money".
LIES ALL LIES!!!
Senior Member & WIS

Postby eddiea » December 18th 2010, 3:30pm

boscoe wrote:JBHII is the mullah who runs a forum where I was the Original Invicta Forum mod/admin

Good times Dan, with you on board.....
“I want to get to Key West and away from it all"…Papa.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Guest » December 18th 2010, 4:44pm

boscoe wrote:JBHII is the mullah who runs a forum where I was the Original Invicta Forum mod/admin

Hey Dan, Old Rusty had a time in the barrel as the Invicta mod too. All in all, I had great times with you all back then. I'm glad after all this time I was able to catch up and find you.

Postby svaglic » December 18th 2010, 5:48pm

My favorite is the one where he says "When companies are copying you it is both flattering and frustrating and because of it and others we have patented a lot of our case designs."
I wonder if he was thinking about Omega, Rolex, Plastic Case and Bremont when he said that?
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby boscoe » December 19th 2010, 6:22am

Timebender wrote:

Hey Dan, Old Rusty had a time in the barrel as the Invicta mod too. All in all, I had great times with you all back then. I'm glad after all this time I was able to catch up and find you.

Yes indeed, Rusty took up the cheese slice after I departed to elsewhere in the kingdom - and dubbed me the Grande Fromage Emeritus. He is one funny dude
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby Darksider » July 14th 2016, 8:35am

:fuzzy:
Darksider
Founder

Return to Fashion Watch Brands