Yep..No difference between a Hublot Tourbillon and an Android TURDBILLON

Fashion brands such as Gucci, Hermes' and similar are here

Yep..No difference between a Hublot Tourbillon and an Android TURDBILLON

Postby kustoms4ever » December 29th 2011, 10:16am

From a thread on a visit to Ceasers Palace about a guy trying on a 190,000 Hublot Tourbillon posted yesterday...

"Yesterday, 01:25 PM

LA STANG

Hey Gary,

You might be right, but the slightly less expensive Android Men's Virtuoso Numbered Limited Edition Skeleton Tourbillon with Leather Strap would be a close second. I have this timepiece in rosegold and while visiting the Tourneau Store in Honolulu, Hawaii I placed my Android right next the Hubolt Tourbillon. I'll just say that side-by-side and visual presence the Android went toe-to-toe. Now, if you want to compair price it's a straight knockout before the Hublot hits the floor."

Last edited by Anonymous on January 1st 2012, 7:54pm, edited 1 time in total.
kustoms4ever
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Yep..No difference between a Hublot Tourbillon and an Android TURDBILLON

Postby Datsun240Z71 » December 29th 2011, 10:22am

Know compairisun.
Sure!
Randy in Nashville
Datsun240Z71
Watchlord WIS

Postby waynebaker06 » December 29th 2011, 10:23am

Idiot.
waynebaker06
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Seattle » December 29th 2011, 10:26am

Whorilogical jeenyus
Seattle
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bigedsurf » December 29th 2011, 10:49am

compair.................brilliant
time flies.........
bigedsurf
WIS - Retired

Postby conjurer » December 29th 2011, 10:53am

Personally, I'd rather see Jean-Claude Biver in a banana-hammock than look at a Hublot.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » December 29th 2011, 11:37am

Bless 'em. You know, this much fun wouldn't seem real, but there it is, documented for all to see on the Interweb.

An actual Android/Hublot comparison
. The more I think about it, the more I'm filled with the warm, giddy holiday glow. I might not drive an expensive car, or live in a tony neighborhood. But everyone can have a sense of personal style and covet quality. And yet, there it is...someone's doing an Android/Hublot comparison - tourbillon, no less.

I'm floored. I need a sitz bath and a pack of Pall Malls. I mean....huh?!?
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby bigedsurf » December 29th 2011, 12:01pm

yep....they are everywhere, and they breed..........
time flies.........
bigedsurf
WIS - Retired

Postby Datsun240Z71 » December 29th 2011, 12:03pm

conjurer wrote:Personally, I'd rather see Jean-Claude Biver in a banana-hammock than look at a Hublot.

Was he also Mr. Clean?
Randy in Nashville
Datsun240Z71
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mark1 » December 29th 2011, 12:08pm

You blow if you can't spell Hublot correctly.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby Guest » December 29th 2011, 12:17pm

I park my Kia Rio next to a Ferrari and I didn't see no difference between the two!!! Both of the cars have engine and tires.

Postby Falstaff » December 29th 2011, 1:18pm

Note that he is comparing a Hubolt to an Android, not a Hublot. No fucking wonder. Hubolts are just terrible pieces of shit.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby DX » December 29th 2011, 1:22pm

Minion...
DX
Watchlord WIS

Postby boscoe » December 29th 2011, 1:36pm

Fish sammichs for everyone!

Both are over-priced POS.
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby eddiea » December 29th 2011, 1:57pm

bigedsurf wrote:yep....they are everywhere, and they breed..........

What is to me a big waste of time, is the repetitious way these geeks only threads pop up, why buy a Rolex Sub when Invicta's own 8926, offers the same look and quality for $100? Android's Chinese Tourbyshit favorably compares with a King Power Hublot etc, etc..
Not for a second I believe these threads OP's, as much as they try to drown, envy and frustration into a sea of bullshit, believed their own crap.... so fucking transparent they are.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » December 29th 2011, 5:49pm

eddiea wrote:
bigedsurf wrote:yep....they are everywhere, and they breed..........

What is to me a big waste of time, is the repetitious way these geeks only threads pop up, why buy a Rolex Sub when Invicta's own 8926, offers the same look and quality for $100? Android's Chinese Tourbyshit favorably compares with a King Power Hublot etc, etc..
Not for a second I believe these threads OP's, as much as they try to drown, envy and frustration into a sea of bullshit, believed their own crap.... so fucking transparent they are.

eddie's usually the voice of reason in these parts, and, as always, too smart for any room a bunch of WGs would congregate in.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Yep..No difference between a Hublot Tourbillon and an An

Postby koimaster » December 29th 2016, 12:08pm

:fuzzy:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby PiningforElgin » July 21st 2017, 7:38am

Hublot = who blows? or you blow?
PiningforElgin

Postby TemerityB » July 21st 2017, 10:50am

I just read on TB that PhatKat, the goofball YouTube watch know-less-than nothing who is the Doodles Weaver to Kevin Trudeau, is moving from Invicta shilling to Aragon pimping, all in the quest for click-through pennies.

Android I have little beef with, but to compare them to anything but other TV watches is, well, so PhatKat-esque.
Last edited by TemerityB on July 21st 2017, 1:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby PiningforElgin » July 21st 2017, 11:19am

TemerityB wrote:I just read on TB that PhatKat, the goofball YouTube watch know-less-than nothing who is the Doodle Weaver to Kevin Trudeau, is moving from Invicta shilling to Aragon pimping, all in the quest for click-through pennies.

Android I have little beef with, but to compare them to anything but other TV watches is, well, so PhatKat-esque.

Aragon watches are way too big. I don't know what this Wing guy is thinking. What's with the large size of TV watches? He had smaller ones before mixing with Invicter crowds.

Just curious, besides using Japanese movements, how do Aragon compare with entry-level Swiss? Like pre-Invicter Glycine, or the bottom shelf (relatively speaking) of Raymond Weil offerings?
PiningforElgin

Postby TemerityB » July 21st 2017, 1:57pm

PiningforElgin wrote:
TemerityB wrote:I just read on TB that PhatKat, the goofball YouTube watch know-less-than nothing who is the Doodle Weaver to Kevin Trudeau, is moving from Invicta shilling to Aragon pimping, all in the quest for click-through pennies.

Aragon watches are way too big. I don't know what this Wing guy is thinking. What's with the large size of TV watches? He had smaller ones before mixing with Invicter crowds.

Just curious, besides using Japanese movements, how do Aragon compare with entry-level Swiss? Like pre-Invicter Glycine, or the bottom shelf (relatively speaking) of Raymond Weil offerings?

Liang usually relies on Miyota or Seiko auto movements, with the occasional gray 7750 that slips into his viewshed. His bracelets and bands are some of the worst I've seen on any watches at any price points; stiff leather and clunky hollow links are the order of the day. Bracelets are also comically wide in order to live up to the ginormous 50 and 55mm monstrosities they're supporting. Many of the watches are heavy and cumbersome, to be kind; Liang was one of the first companies to use the 9000 series, yet the watches were ghastly and too large to be taken seriously by anyone expect the fapping gibbons that watch TV to make every decision during their lives. To be fair, Liang actually manages to fix what he sells and works well with his customers.

But to be blunt: Android/Aragon makes, say, Raymond Weil and Victorinox Swiss Army look like Patek and Vacheron, iMHO.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby AJC » July 21st 2017, 4:26pm

Hublot sucks. Android/Aragon sucks harder.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby PiningforElgin » July 21st 2017, 7:54pm

TemerityB wrote:
PiningforElgin wrote:

Liang usually relies on Miyota or Seiko auto movements, with the occasional gray 7750 that slips into his viewshed. His bracelets and bands are some of the worst I've seen on any watches at any price points; stiff leather and clunky hollow links are the order of the day. Bracelets are also comically wide in order to live up to the ginormous 50 and 55mm monstrosities they're supporting. Many of the watches are heavy and cumbersome, to be kind; Liang was one of the first companies to use the 9000 series, yet the watches were ghastly and too large to be taken seriously by anyone expect the fapping gibbons that watch TV to make every decision during their lives. To be fair, Liang actually manages to fix what he sells and works well with his customers.

But to be blunt: Android/Aragon makes, say, Raymond Weil and Victorinox Swiss Army look like Patek and Vacheron, iMHO.

That's too bad. It seems as he's a well-intentioned guy that he fixes the watches and have good CS, but a bad bracelet is a no no. Back in the days I wore Seiko 5's - they look nice, but the bracelet was really uncomfortable. Now I refuse to buy any watches with a bracelet or strap inferior to what Tissot/Hamilton can offer. Good to know that Raymond Weil is way better since I always wanted that moonphase

Of course - with a nice movement inside as the ultimate redeeming quality one can always get an aftermarket strap. After what you said, I surmise it's quite unlikely to find good straps for Aragons!!

I blame Invicter for being a bad influence on this man
PiningforElgin

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » July 21st 2017, 9:21pm

PiningforElgin wrote:Back in the days I wore Seiko 5's - they look nice, but the bracelet was really uncomfortable.

Why, I know something about that... I still have a 1983 Seiko 5 in my "to be fixed someday" drawer. The bracelet landed in the "rubbish to forget about" drawer. Not that it wasn't nice, it looked pretty good with its slightly Jubilee-style design, but the fucking thing pulled hair every single time that the watch moved around on the wrist, which means: with every step, and every single time I wanted to glance at it. So it was like, "What time is it?"
"Ouch! Fuck! Three o'clock. Fuck! Ouch!"
Not being a masochist, I simply had to remove that piece of junk from the watch.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby PiningforElgin » July 21st 2017, 9:57pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Why, I know something about that... I still have a 1983 Seiko 5 in my "to be fixed someday" drawer. The bracelet landed in the "rubbish to forget about" drawer. Not that it wasn't nice, it looked pretty good with its slightly Jubilee-style design, but the fucking thing pulled hair every single time that the watch moved around on the wrist, which means: with every step, and every single time I wanted to glance at it. So it was like, "What time is it?"
"Ouch! Fuck! Three o'clock. Fuck! Ouch!"
Not being a masochist, I simply had to remove that piece of junk from the watch.

Yep. Adding insult to injury, some of the bracelet Seiko 5's have proprietary lugs that do not allow easy switching
PiningforElgin

Next

Return to Fashion Watch Brands