Anyone Seen this Orient Star Chrono in the Wild?

Anyone Seen this Orient Star Chrono in the Wild?

Postby tiktok » January 26th 2016, 7:58pm

What we have here is the Orient Star Chrono WZ0021DY that was released JDM in 2012. It also comes in black dial though I really like this ivory version. Deals can be had on Yahoo Japan auctions for both new and used. I have bought JDMs from Yahoo Japan and the watches are always like 97+ coming from a culture that respects mechanical goods to the utmost. The yen is weak as hell too. The new ones are all in black and going for $1400, the whites are around $1000 used. Of course the big trap is if something happens to your watch which is why I often just buy from Higuchi as he will deal with any warranty issues. I've always wanted Orient Star to up their game and they seem to have done it here.
[Product Specifications]
Self-winding (with manual winding)
34 stone
With second hand stop device
Case:
Stainless steel
Size: 
13.7mm Thickness 41.5mm / horizontal 50.6mm / Vertical
: Glass
Sapphire glass table (anti-reflective coating)
Crystal glass back (caseback)
Band: Stainless Steel
Formula three fold clasp push
Waterproof for daily life (5 atm waterproof)
Luminous Light
One antimagnetic
(At maximum hoisting) more than 50 hours driving time
+15 Seconds to -10 seconds daily rate: static accuracy
With tachymeter
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Anyone Seen this Orient Star Chrono in the Wild?

Postby conjurer » January 27th 2016, 12:15am

Well, considering that I've seen precisely one Orient in the wild that wasn't on my wrist (I think it was a guy wearing a Mako) I certainly haven't seen one of these. It certainly gives me a boner, though. Also, Orient uses Seiko auto chrono movements, so reliability shouldn't be an issue.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » January 27th 2016, 5:36am

conjurer wrote:Well, considering that I've seen precisely one Orient in the wild that wasn't on my wrist (I think it was a guy wearing a Mako) I certainly haven't seen one of these. It certainly gives me a boner, though. Also, Orient uses Seiko auto chrono movements, so reliability shouldn't be an issue.

Same here...never seen one in the wild, although I do like that chrono...what is the calibre???
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » January 27th 2016, 6:46am

Thunder1 wrote:
conjurer wrote:Well, considering that I've seen precisely one Orient in the wild that wasn't on my wrist (I think it was a guy wearing a Mako) I certainly haven't seen one of these. It certainly gives me a boner, though. Also, Orient uses Seiko auto chrono movements, so reliability shouldn't be an issue.

Same here...never seen one in the wild, although I do like that chrono...what is the calibre???

According the Kew in a 2012 WUS thread, it's a Seiko 6S28.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Orient