Apollo Watch

Watches and such at Kickstarter.

Re: Apollo Watch

Postby foghorn » September 17th 2017, 8:07am

Please take note Apollo

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/Submit
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing;
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 17th 2017, 4:42pm

Got to love the scale on the chapter ring, so adorably redundant. Also, the movement - such a feeling of being alone in space, represented by that ghastly, lonely screw, so proudly exposed through the display back. Frankly, watches with that Miyota and a display back showing its revolting looks for the whole world to see aren't so different from flashers, opening up the long coat to scare people with their sausage and the wrinkled, dangling prunes. Equally obscene. No, we don't want to see Uranus either.

OK, now that we've had some fun, here goes the serious stuff: I think it would be nice, if not for a certain design overkill. More minimalism, please. And...do change that movement, or give it a closed case back. Some movements are just not meant to be seen - and style-wise, that Miyota lands up somewhere between Baumgartner pin-levers and Ruhla pin-levers. Also, the minute hand needs to be longer, as the way it is now, it just doesn't tell the bloody time.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Hawk » September 17th 2017, 7:31pm

I'd have a couple of personal observations that are probably inapplicable to the larger world.

First, while it's normal to offer some sort of sop to the early adopters 72% is too much. It's the credibility killer. It means you're selling the first lots for less than cost - which nobody will believe - or you've adopted the Lalo / Stauer school of hallucinatory MSRP assignment. My tribe suffers from a tsunami of skepticism when a deep discount is offered on a product that has never sold anywhere for any price. Regrettably, it's probably too late to make a course correction at this point so you've painted yourself as a junior Stauer among my crowd.

The crystal is something of a concern. A sapphire in that configuration that's also thick enough will be rather expensive. Anything other than sapphire will be a ding and scratch magnet due to being shaped like the top of a grain silo. Whatever you do please don't use terms like "sapphire coated mineral" or "sapphotechs" as such antics only cause people to point and laugh.

Offer an option for a non-display back. As noted by a previous poster that ain't no Phillipe Dufour you've got powering that thing.

Maybe dig up an option for a bracelet? Given those, shall we say, "unique" lugs your choices are limited but some of those mesh products might be acceptable.

A few less stars please. When they're overdone your watch will be mistaken for a Vostok - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Good luck.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby apollowatches » September 21st 2017, 7:29pm

Thank you or your feedback!

Hawk wrote:I'd have a couple of personal observations that are probably inapplicable to the larger world.

First, while it's normal to offer some sort of sop to the early adopters 72% is too much. It's the credibility killer. It means you're selling the first lots for less than cost - which nobody will believe - or you've adopted the Lalo / Stauer school of hallucinatory MSRP assignment. My tribe suffers from a tsunami of skepticism when a deep discount is offered on a product that has never sold anywhere for any price. Regrettably, it's probably too late to make a course correction at this point so you've painted yourself as a junior Stauer among my crowd.

The crystal is something of a concern. A sapphire in that configuration that's also thick enough will be rather expensive. Anything other than sapphire will be a ding and scratch magnet due to being shaped like the top of a grain silo. Whatever you do please don't use terms like "sapphire coated mineral" or "sapphotechs" as such antics only cause people to point and laugh.

Offer an option for a non-display back. As noted by a previous poster that ain't no Phillipe Dufour you've got powering that thing.

Maybe dig up an option for a bracelet? Given those, shall we say, "unique" lugs your choices are limited but some of those mesh products might be acceptable.

A few less stars please. When they're overdone your watch will be mistaken for a Vostok - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Good luck.
apollowatches

Postby codguy » September 22nd 2017, 5:19am

apollowatches wrote:Thank you or your feedback!

Ahahahahahaha, "apollowatches" throws back a little sarcasm.

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby apollowatches » September 29th 2017, 4:56pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Got to love the scale on the chapter ring, so adorably redundant. Also, the movement - such a feeling of being alone in space, represented by that ghastly, lonely screw, so proudly exposed through the display back. Frankly, watches with that Miyota and a display back showing its revolting looks for the whole world to see aren't so different from flashers, opening up the long coat to scare people with their sausage and the wrinkled, dangling prunes. Equally obscene. No, we don't want to see Uranus either.

OK, now that we've had some fun, here goes the serious stuff: I think it would be nice, if not for a certain design overkill. More minimalism, please. And...do change that movement, or give it a closed case back. Some movements are just not meant to be seen - and style-wise, that Miyota lands up somewhere between Baumgartner pin-levers and Ruhla pin-levers. Also, the minute hand needs to be longer, as the way it is now, it just doesn't tell the bloody time.

we just launch! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/53 ... -by-space/
apollowatches

Postby Racer-X » September 29th 2017, 5:02pm

apollowatches wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Got to love the scale on the chapter ring, so adorably redundant. Also, the movement - such a feeling of being alone in space, represented by that ghastly, lonely screw, so proudly exposed through the display back. Frankly, watches with that Miyota and a display back showing its revolting looks for the whole world to see aren't so different from flashers, opening up the long coat to scare people with their sausage and the wrinkled, dangling prunes. Equally obscene. No, we don't want to see Uranus either.

Your spam is getting boring.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » September 29th 2017, 5:51pm

apollowatches wrote:

Ummm, and how does this pertain to what I wrote? Ehhh, never mind.

It's just a wee bit like Resa, only a Resa selling watches and not throwing "rascal pigs", no?
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby eddiea » September 29th 2017, 5:55pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Ummm, and how does this pertain to what I wrote? Ehhh, never mind.

Pay no attention , Spam
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Previous

Return to Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects