Apollo Watch

Watches and such at Kickstarter.

Apollo Watch

Postby apollowatches » September 16th 2017, 3:26pm

Hi Group, For the last 9 months I have been working on a passion project, watch Apollo, something completely unrelated to marketing and more in the field of product design and engineering. I am delighted to reveal Apollo, a collection of mechanical regulator watches that will launch live on Kickstarter September 28th. For more information visit www.fund-apollo.com. Hope you enjoy my project!

I will update the video and product images here soon.
apollowatches

Re: Apollo Watch

Postby conjurer » September 16th 2017, 3:44pm

I love Uranus!
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » September 16th 2017, 4:02pm

I was blissfully unaware that the average # of jewels for an automatic movement was 17. Most of mine,from various makers, are 21,23,24,25,or 26 jewels.
The eclipse looks perfect for anyone who doesn't care what time it is.
Lots of other stuff comes to mind from an initial viewing,but you pretty much lost me at "retro-chic"
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby conjurer » September 16th 2017, 4:04pm

Aww, don't listen to foggy, he's just a bitter old bastard. Some of those watches are pretty nice! What's the price, what, around $60-$75?

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » September 16th 2017, 4:08pm

"Apollo is perfect for trendsetters..."

Evidently this is your tag line? Is used repeatedly in your brand description.

Being the great fan of trendsetting and all things pork-pie hat and hipster, I have NO doubt your brand will be VERY well received here.

Oh, and Kickstarter is well known at WL as our favorite way to start a brand.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » September 16th 2017, 4:34pm

Again, don't listen to Big Loaf. He's from Louisiana, for chrissakes, he knows fuck all about watches. Don't get me wrong, he is, in many ways, an admirable fellow--particularly if you need a guy to rassel crocodiles and shit.

Those watches are sure cool! Are they Swiss made? They sure look it! And I love retro-chic, or, indeed, any word that uses "retro" in it--it so chic-ly captures the Zeitgeist of the times.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » September 16th 2017, 4:41pm

conjurer wrote:Again, don't listen to Big Loaf. He's from Louisiana, for chrissakes, he knows fuck all about watches. Don't get me wrong, he is, in many ways, an admirable fellow--particularly if you need a guy to rassel crocodiles and shit.

Those watches are sure cool! Are they Swiss made? They sure look it! And I love retro-chic, or, indeed, any word that uses "retro" in it--it so chic-ly captures the Zeitgeist of the times.

Gawtdammit two h-E-L_L Conj, yew NO they aint no crockpotodiles I Lewzeeanner! Thems iz ALLEEGATORZ!

Speeking of ALLEEGATORZ! Howz abowt adding a fine Swisseeze ALERGATR EMbossed strap as an addon field goalz ?!?! Eh, Apollowartches?!?!
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby NorthCountry » September 16th 2017, 5:15pm

Apollo. A name synonymous with the Nasa and the Moon. Yet you chose the names of planets. Why not other moons? Or maybe astronaut names, the Neil or Wally or better yet Buzz? The lugs look hideous, the dial is a mess with the look of spilled salt and pepper. What is your day job?
Did we mention we love Cuckstarter?
NorthCountry
Senior Member & WIS

Postby AJC » September 16th 2017, 5:25pm

I'll take 3! Do you accept C.O.D.?
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby AJC » September 16th 2017, 5:29pm

Apollo pays its due respects to vintage yet takes this heritage and redefines it into a modern piece of Italian sculpture that cannot fail to steal attention from all those that have the pleasure to see it.

Can you translate this into English, please?
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » September 16th 2017, 5:38pm

AJC wrote:
Apollo pays its due respects to vintage yet takes this heritage and redefines it into a modern piece of Italian sculpture that cannot fail to steal attention from all those that have the pleasure to see it.

Can you translate this into English, please?

Jeebus Andrewthony are yew a foncking aliterite!! He sez that the Wartche has all the appeel of aged eyetalion sausage what makes anyone who sees it varmit chunks.
GET OFF MY LAWN

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby AJC » September 16th 2017, 6:11pm

Is the Eclipse model named so due to the fact that it hurts my eyes when I look at it?
Last edited by AJC on September 16th 2017, 6:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » September 16th 2017, 6:11pm

I'll be your USA Brand Ambassador if you send me a free watch, plenty of swag, and $5,000 in Krugerrands. Here, I'll even write the copy for you: Conjurer/ The fastest fuck in North America (United States)

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby AJC » September 16th 2017, 6:16pm

conjurer wrote:I'll be your USA Brand Ambassador if you send me a free watch, plenty of swag, and $5,000 in Krugerrands. Here, I'll even write the copy for you: Conjurer/ The fastest fuck in North America (United States)Conjurer/ The future fastest fuck in North America (United States)

Fixed for homogeneity.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » September 16th 2017, 6:18pm

AJC wrote:
conjurer wrote:I'll be your USA Brand Ambassador if you send me a free watch, plenty of swag, and $5,000 in Krugerrands. Here, I'll even write the copy for you: Conjurer/ The fastest fuck in North America (United States)Conjurer/ The future fastest fuck in North America (United States)

Fixed for homogeneity.

Thanks, AJ! You're a real pal!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby svaglic » September 16th 2017, 8:18pm

Does the Uranus come with a roll of toilet paper? That would be hella swag with a watch, screw the hat.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby codguy » September 16th 2017, 8:50pm

AJC wrote:Do you accept C.O.D.?

Hey, leave me the fuck out of this!

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » September 16th 2017, 9:26pm

That is absolutely the finest Kickstarter watch I've seen since the last Kickstarter watch I saw. Trust me - I've never praised a new "micro-brand" higher!
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby ocean » September 17th 2017, 6:06am

Let's talk about your movement. Accuracy, where is built, what design is it, is it an in-house movement, case design (believe I've seen it in a catalog)?

Jewels why did you go with 21 which is most movements pretty standard at the moment.

Nothing in your video or description says anything of worthiness to a WIS.

8218? Just from your description of the movement in have a really good idea of what you are using.

So in reality you bought a case out of a catalog and a known movement from Miyota and claim it as your own?

Unless you are using an 8215 which means you didn't even have the ability to get the newest movement.

Nothing to see here just another scumbag Kickstart!
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

Postby foghorn » September 17th 2017, 6:29am

Are these watches built in a non-vaping environment?
GET OFF MY LAWN

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » September 17th 2017, 7:09am

Do we get a free pork pie hat and skinny jeans so tight they squeeze our bollocks to the point that all sperm die thereby reducing the chance we will pollute the gene pool with our hipster DNA?
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby apollowatches » September 17th 2017, 7:45am

NorthCountry wrote:Apollo. A name synonymous with the Nasa and the Moon. Yet you chose the names of planets. Why not other moons? Or maybe astronaut names, the Neil or Wally or better yet Buzz? The lugs look hideous, the dial is a mess with the look of spilled salt and pepper. What is your day job?
Did we mention we love Cuckstarter?

We think of a few names and Apollo represent the whole brand and project while we name the planets for very specific edition of our watch.
The design is really inspired by the space and galaxy, so we connected with a few influences who are in NASA or ESA program to represent the brand and space concept. They are our brand ambassadors. You can find all this info when you scroll down to the bottom on our site http://www.fund-apollo.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
apollowatches

Postby apollowatches » September 17th 2017, 7:46am

TemerityB wrote:That is absolutely the finest Kickstarter watch I've seen since the last Kickstarter watch I saw. Trust me - I've never praised a new "micro-brand" higher!

Really appreciate it!
apollowatches

Postby apollowatches » September 17th 2017, 7:47am

conjurer wrote:Again, don't listen to Big Loaf. He's from Louisiana, for chrissakes, he knows fuck all about watches. Don't get me wrong, he is, in many ways, an admirable fellow--particularly if you need a guy to rassel crocodiles and shit.

Really appreciate you comment!
apollowatches

Postby apollowatches » September 17th 2017, 7:47am

conjurer wrote:I love Uranus!

I do too!!!
apollowatches

Next

Return to Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects