Concrete Watch

Watches and such at Kickstarter.

Concrete Watch

Postby TemerityB » August 25th 2017, 4:49pm

I ... I just will let this speak for itself. I would have thought it was the next innovation by Master Wing that you could use that mini-catapult to attack with BBs.

A watch made out of concrete may sound like a strange concept, but not the designers of a weightless new wristwatch that claims to be durable, fashionable and timeless. Will it however, stand the test of time?
The watch, called The Masonic, is a device that re-imagines concrete through meticulous design and advanced engineering — or so say its designers.

The Masonic has been actively promoted on Kickstarter, a company that helps artists, musicians, filmmakers and designers get their project funded as it sources the support they need to turn their ideas into reality.

https://sputniknews.com/science/2017082 ... ckstarter/
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Concrete Watch

Postby foghorn » August 25th 2017, 4:56pm

FTF'nW
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » August 25th 2017, 4:58pm

I have seen two other concrete watch designs.

One, https://www.watches.com/22-design-4th-d ... ete-watch/ and another that was actually far more expensive.

Their truly is no limit to the stupidity of watch buyers out there.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » August 25th 2017, 5:01pm

biglove wrote:I have seen two other concrete watch designs.

Didn't you just buy an Aggregate Terra?
GET OFF MY LAWN

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » August 25th 2017, 5:02pm

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby biglove » August 25th 2017, 5:09pm

foghorn wrote:

Didn't you just buy an Aggregate Terra?

I did and it dubbells as an Artifishul Testicles.
Last edited by biglove on August 25th 2017, 6:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby PiningforElgin » August 25th 2017, 5:43pm

A copy/homage/knockoff of Hublot concrete watch
PiningforElgin

Postby Tzimisces » August 25th 2017, 6:18pm

One, https://www.watches.com/22-design-4th-d ... ete-watch/ and another that was actually far more expensive.

The one in your link is a weird design, but interesting and one in which a concrete dial makes sense artistically.
The one in the OP is just a run-of-the-mill fashion watch. There's no real point in using concrete rather than any other material.

Also we should probably be writing "concrete", since this material is not like a sidewalk or foundation. I think it's rather like any number of patching/leveling compounds.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby PiningforElgin » August 25th 2017, 6:30pm

Tzimisces wrote:

The one in your link is a weird design, but interesting and one in which a concrete dial makes sense artistically.
The one in the OP is just a run-of-the-mill fashion watch. There's no real point in using concrete rather than any other material.

Also we should probably be writing "concrete", since this material is not like a sidewalk or foundation. I think it's rather like any number of patching/leveling compounds.

I always assumed it was indeed the material used for paving streets. It's not? I mean street cement is a rather cheap material to get
PiningforElgin

Postby conjurer » August 25th 2017, 6:37pm

PiningforElgin wrote:
Tzimisces wrote:

I always assumed it was indeed the material used for paving streets. It's not? I mean street cement is a rather cheap material to get

It's certainly cheaper than surgical grade stainless steel!!*

*This gag was posted just to piss off Hawk.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Tzimisces » August 25th 2017, 6:46pm

PiningforElgin wrote:
Tzimisces wrote:

There are many types of concrete. A sidewalk might typically be a standard 3000psi mix, with #57 stone as aggregate. A few months ago we poured a foundation for a tower crane with a mix design for 9000psi concrete. The next morning it was hot...perhaps 120 degrees...as it cured. Different types of cement with various chemicals yield different properties.
Patching compounds are thin, plastic cement products that go on smooth, more like a grout. They range from the stuff you buy at Home Depot to patch a crack to specialty 3 part epoxy mixes that can be quite costly.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby PiningforElgin » August 25th 2017, 9:40pm

Tzimisces wrote:
PiningforElgin wrote:
Tzimisces wrote:

There are many types of concrete. A sidewalk might typically be a standard 3000psi mix, with #57 stone as aggregate. A few months ago we poured a foundation for a tower crane with a mix design for 9000psi concrete. The next morning it was hot...perhaps 120 degrees...as it cured. Different types of cement with various chemicals yield different properties.
Patching compounds are thin, plastic cement products that go on smooth, more like a grout. They range from the stuff you buy at Home Depot to patch a crack to specialty 3 part epoxy mixes that can be quite costly.

Great info. Thanks!
PiningforElgin

Postby Mortuus » August 26th 2017, 6:44am

I just got off the phone with Avi Viera, and she confirmed that Reynoddo was coming back, and, as a direct response to this vast tidal wave of cement watches looms like a tsunami over the world of horological high fashion, they have sought and been granted a patent on the world's first ever Swiss RUBBER Watch! :roll:
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » August 26th 2017, 7:33am

Mortuus wrote:I just got off the phone with Avi Viera, and she confirmed that Reynoddo was coming back, and, as a direct response to this vast tidal wave of cement watches looms like a tsunami over the world of horological high fashion, they have sought and been granted a patent on the world's first ever Swiss RUBBER Watch! :roll:

Did you rub one out whilst chatting with Ms. Viera? I wood have!!
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » August 26th 2017, 7:38am

conjurer wrote:
Mortuus wrote:I just got off the phone with Avi Viera, and she confirmed that Reynoddo was coming back, and, as a direct response to this vast tidal wave of cement watches looms like a tsunami over the world of horological high fashion, they have sought and been granted a patent on the world's first ever Swiss RUBBER Watch! :roll:

Did you rub one out whilst chatting with Ms. Viera? I wood have!!

A gentleman never rubs and tells... ;)
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby apollowatches » September 13th 2017, 5:06pm

That's very unique material. Made from a proprietary cement blend.
apollowatches

Postby foghorn » September 13th 2017, 5:43pm

Stupid material. Made by a cement head.
GET OFF MY LAWN

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby Rusty » September 14th 2017, 7:37am

I am holding out for the Jimmy Hoffa model...
Rusty
Master of Time

Return to Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects