Jack Mason JM-D103 Automatic Dive Watch

Watches and such at Kickstarter.

Jack Mason JM-D103 Automatic Dive Watch

Postby koimaster » April 11th 2017, 11:50am

Jack Mason watches was founded in Dallas, Texas, by a pair of friends who shared a passion for making a best-in-class product. With over 25 years of combined experience in the retail industry, the duo decided to finally take the leap and establish their own brand. In 2013, Jack Mason was launched with a collection of watches and leather goods that combined classic Americana influences with contemporary design. While the brand continues to evolve, the mission to bridge the divide between thoughtful design and attainable goods remains. As a part of that mission we bring you our first Kickstarter limited edition: the JM-D103.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/jack-mason- ... L_CAMPAIGN)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ja ... jack-mason

http://www.buzzfile.com/business/McM-Fr ... 4-705-3770

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Jack Mason JM-D103 Automatic Dive Watch

Postby BigCheez » April 11th 2017, 12:17pm

Anybody with the balls to give Ed Sullivan the finger on national television has gotta make a helluva watch, right?
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » April 11th 2017, 1:13pm

Jack Mason makes some nice looking watches. I was curious a few months ago and went to take a look at some at the local Nordstrum.
They certainly did look good. But it ended when I actually held one. They have a cheap feel and the closer you get the worse they look. This one also looks OK. But why 5 bills for a non-hacking Miyota movement?
Another couple of hipsters with a few bucks who think they can start a watch company. Meh
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby TemerityB » April 11th 2017, 8:11pm

foghorn wrote:Jack Mason makes some nice looking watches. I was curious a few months ago and went to take a look at some at the local Nordstrum.
They certainly did look good. But it ended when I actually held one. They have a cheap feel and the closer you get the worse they look. This one also looks OK. But why 5 bills for a non-hacking Miyota movement?
Another couple of hipsters with a few bucks who think they can start a watch company. Meh

No kidding. And like fog, I checked them out at my local Nordstrom, and I can safely say this stuff makes Stuhrling Original look good by comparison, and everybody here knows how I feel about the drizzling shit that is SO.

Also, fuck WUS. Notice that page on that first link is a "sponsored post"? That means it's actually a paid ad. That's fucking embarassing, but even my local newspapers' websites now have "sponsored features" placed right next to the actual news. Way of the world, but I don't have to like it one bit. I'm staring to think ol' TV Antenna Adams would dance with a tin cup outside of Tourneau if he thought there was a freebie or dime in it for him.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby artman » April 27th 2017, 3:16am

Almost bought a JM chrono at Ross tonight for $99. Then I started to read the other thread about Toby's bunghole being violated by a wooden table leg. I just couldn't get that image out of my head and lost my appetite. I think it was for the best. Although the watch looked nice, the pushers didn't quite feel right. I suppose I should thank Toby's arse for saving me a hundred bucks.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » April 27th 2017, 3:30am

Thank you. NEXT!
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects