Meet Floyd

Related to your pets. Does not include girlfriends/boy friends

Meet Floyd

Postby svaglic » May 13th 2017, 9:31am

Floyd is a Boxer Mastiff mix, he is huge and solid. He used to walk around the neighborhood, but would never come to you when you called him. I bought some treats and had to toss them to him because he wouldn't come to take them from my hand. For 6 months this went on. One day my nephew was over and just walked right up to him petted him. Floyd then came to me and was so excited to be petted and played with. Now he hangs out most of the time at my place or across the street at my parents place.
I started calling him Pretty Boy Floyd, I found his owner recently and found out his real name is Trooper, but I still call him Floyd.
My parents have a 17lb cat and Floyd pushed past me one day and chased him through the house. Bob (Blob) made it to under a bed to safety. We found out he just wanted to play with him, his owner has a cat and it's Floyd best friend. Bob still doesn't want anything to do with Floyd though.
Floyd never had a collar so I got one and put it on him so people would know that someone cares for him and he isn't a stray. He gets along great with Homie, but chases and rolls other dogs that come into the yard.
The owner offered him up to me, I don't have a fence or out building yet, so I said no. Once I get a fence I think I may take him. He is so sweet to people and plays with Ian alot. I was told he is a house dog, but I am real hesitant to have that drool in my home and on my furniture.
He knows sit, lay, speak and high five. His owner also has a cart he hooks him up to and Floyd knows what pull means. I am going to try him out on pulling me on my skateboard, that should be real fun.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Meet Floyd

Postby conjurer » May 13th 2017, 9:47am

You've got a big heart, Allison. Floyd was lucky to find you.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Tzimisces » May 13th 2017, 9:52am

conjurer wrote:You've got a big heart, Allison. Floyd was lucky to find you.

Agreed, plus the Bob/Blob thing made me laugh hard.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby svaglic » May 13th 2017, 10:16am

I like his markings, I think he is a good looking dog. He is so big though and when he walks past our patio table out back, his wagging tail moves chairs and knocks drinks off the table.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Britboy » May 13th 2017, 10:19am

You strike me as being very kind, that is a pleasure to see these days.
I befriended an orange cat, that took me nearly a year to to get him in the house and feel comfortable.
It's good to see, thank you.
Britboy
Senior Member & WIS

Postby svaglic » May 13th 2017, 10:33am

Here is a high five that went horribly wrong a couple of days ago. I danced around the yard like an idiot trying to shake off the pain. He is like Lenny from Of Mice and Men.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby gerdson » May 13th 2017, 11:13am

If it is of any comfort to You: One of our bitches will bite You in Your nose when she get's excited (which happens often). You don't know whether to laugh or cry, because it is both cute and can hurt like hell. She also loves to stick her tongue into Your mouth, verdammt. :D
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Well, you see, the hole thing began with peyote...
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 13th 2017, 1:07pm

I don't want to sound like a complete wuss, but the effect this thread is having on me is overwhelming.

It was 12/15 when I lost my 15-year-old dog, and I will admit it: I'm not over it. I'll never be over it.

That's why, and I'm being serious, I really hope that one day very soon, a neighbor of yours will see Floyd sniffin' around, and say, "Oh, that's Floyd, that's Allison's dog."

Knowing you, that would be the best fate he could possibly have.
Bet those Swiss Legend owners are so happy their "Sapphitek" crystals have a 10-year warranty. Oh, wait...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby eddiea » May 13th 2017, 2:03pm

You're my kind of people Allison, you are.....
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » May 13th 2017, 2:09pm

Floyd now gets to live the good life...congrats to the both of you..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » May 13th 2017, 3:13pm

gerdson wrote:If it is of any comfort to You: One of our bitches will bite You in Your nose when she get's excited (which happens often). You don't know whether to laugh or cry, because it is both cute and can hurt like hell. She also loves to stick her tongue into Your mouth, verdammt. :D

So many Cecil possibilities here. But -nope-not gonna do it.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby Mark1 » May 13th 2017, 6:16pm

My sister and brother in law just got a dog named Floyd. It's a young black Lab that a family had to give up due to allergies. And this less than a month after they had to put their old dog Sammy to sleep.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby Tzimisces » May 13th 2017, 7:47pm

foghorn wrote:
gerdson wrote:If it is of any comfort to You: One of our bitches will bite You in Your nose when she get's excited (which happens often). You don't know whether to laugh or cry, because it is both cute and can hurt like hell. She also loves to stick her tongue into Your mouth, verdammt. :D

So many Cecil possibilities here. But -nope-not gonna do it.

He's talking about dogs right? I mean he's not a pimp or anything?
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby abduksion » May 13th 2017, 10:45pm

He looks sad is this the way he always looks? Or was he just tired.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby svaglic » May 13th 2017, 10:50pm

abduksion wrote:He looks sad is this the way he always looks? Or was he just tired.

He always looks like this. He looks like Ernest Borgnine.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » May 13th 2017, 10:58pm

svaglic wrote:
abduksion wrote:He looks sad is this the way he always looks? Or was he just tired.

He always looks like this. He looks like Ernest Borgnine.

So he does!
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » May 14th 2017, 12:42am

A good match for your family. Big, sweet baby that is fortunate to have you.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby bobbee » May 14th 2017, 3:01am

You have such a huge heart Allison, anyone or anything cannot help but be affected by you.
Bless ya.
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby smellody » May 14th 2017, 7:17am

Love it! Well done. Fur friends are the BEST.

smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby svaglic » June 14th 2017, 1:04am

Oh Floyd. His owner down the road pointed out Floyd's best friend, a cat. He also told about how he was raised around goats and he pulled a wagon. Well, Floyd came into my home today, it did not go well for me, I got in the way of him trying to attack my cat.

Needless to say I am not happy with Floyd right now. He didn't get my cat, but he mauled me. He also bit my dad. I'm not sure I will take him after all. He is a powerful dog and my cat deserves to feel safe. A Boxer Mastiff growling and charging is not a healthy environment for me or my cat. I was amazed at his power and that he was looking me in the eye and snarling, growling and trying to go through me. I just can't accept what happened in my home with him. He is beautiful and sweet on his terms, he is 4 years old and probably not able to change his attitude, I have to walk away at this point. He is too dangerous at this point and I am not prepared to be mauled on a steady basis, I'm too old for this shit.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » June 14th 2017, 1:35am

Sweet, Jeebus! Have to let him go his way. Your life and your home's safety isn't worth the risk.

We rescued a Boxer several years back, she had been the Alph baby in her pack. Didn't go well with our pack. Had to turn her over to animal control and it was heartbreaking but the right thing to do.

Glad you weren't hurt worse.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby svaglic » June 14th 2017, 1:49am

Yeah, mauling me and biting my dad is one thing. If Ian had been there, Floyd would have got him too and I am not going to let that happen. I don't want him around Ian now.
It's weird that his best friend is a cat at his home, but he wants to kill my cat and will hurt me to do it.
It looks like he really was after my mom's cat when he pushed past me at her place, we didn't get mauled, but only because we were not between him and the cat,
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby svaglic » June 14th 2017, 2:18am

My cat is finally out of hiding, she bitched at me for a bit, but stopped when I gave her wet food. She won't come to me and sit in my lap though. She is pretty shook up still. She just keeps staring at me from accross the room.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » June 14th 2017, 3:48am

Winston(my French Bulldog) likes to play 'pulling' games w/ me..his favorite toy for this endeavor is a string rope..the main reason my left hand often times looks scraped up in WURW pics is that 'W' frequently uses his nails to great effect during these games...so, I commiserate with you..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Wasp » June 14th 2017, 4:30am

Awful predicament. Cat needs protection. I saw a dog with similar jaws attack a racoon that was eating dog food from the dogs outside bowl. The dog grabbed the huge racoon around the midsection and clamped down for no more than a second or two at the most and let go. The coon was STONE DEAD by the time we walked over to it, three four seconds. No movement no respiration...nothing. I didn't think this was possible. No death throes NOTHING. A racoon! tough ass critter. Pusswah owes you.
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Next

Return to Pet World