Please Help if You Can...

Related to your pets. Does not include girlfriends/boy friends

Please Help if You Can...

Postby Mortuus » November 26th 2015, 3:46pm

I try to never ask for help from my fellow Lords, but please read the story at the link below and, if you can, lend a hand. (I bet even my favorite curmudgeonly fellow aviator, codmeister, won't beat me up too badly for this one...)

https://www.facebook.com/Petadoptionlea ... 8596175782

God help this motherfucker if I find him. (And I'm looking...)
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Please Help if You Can...

Postby biglove » November 26th 2015, 4:20pm

Whoever did that needs to rot in hell.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » November 26th 2015, 5:12pm

I have no words for whatever cocksucker did this.

There are some funds in my Paypal account that I'm holding for the Shriners. If the Lords wish it, I can make a donation to this cause with part of this. Please advise in this thread when you read this.
My horse, Dobby, was my big present

--Smellody

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby smellody » November 26th 2015, 5:16pm

Whoever the mother fucker who did this can answer to me. I hope everyone knows who last messed with me ended up.

smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Tzimisces » November 26th 2015, 5:18pm

I'm fine with diverting the donation. There are hundreds if not thousands of small local groups helping animals, and any one of them is worthy.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » November 26th 2015, 5:54pm

Tzimisces wrote:I'm fine with diverting the donation. There are hundreds if not thousands of small local groups helping animals, and any one of them is worthy.

Agreed.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby smellody » November 26th 2015, 6:15pm

Send MONEY Over There. If they catch who did this, send them to me. I have some nice bonding glue and some other items I am happy to use. Eye for eye. By the way, I am biased, I think the pup is smarter than this fucker.

smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Mortuus » November 26th 2015, 6:35pm

Conj, that'd be great if you could send some scratch to these little'uns. As Smells well knows, boxers are very sweet dawgs, and these two need some TLC...
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » November 26th 2015, 6:55pm

I've got $412.96 in my Paypal account right now; this is all from the previous auctions. Unless there're any objections, I can send the money to them tomorrow AM. I know there was some support for animal shelters and whatnot before we started the auctions, and I can't think of anything more heart-rendingly deserving than these folks.

So, let me know; PM me if you wish to voice concerns or ideas. Thanks.

--Smellody

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby ocean » November 26th 2015, 7:28pm

conjurer wrote:I've got $412.96 in my Paypal account right now; this is all from the previous auctions. Unless there're any objections, I can send the money to them tomorrow AM. I know there was some support for animal shelters and whatnot before we started the auctions, and I can't think of anything more heart-rendingly deserving than these folks.

I haven't won so my vote might not count but I would bid either way as I believe both to be worth while causes!

I say go for it .
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

Postby smellody » November 26th 2015, 7:37pm

ocean wrote:
conjurer wrote:I've got $412.96 in my Paypal account right now; this is all from the previous auctions. Unless there're any objections, I can send the money to them tomorrow AM. I know there was some support for animal shelters and whatnot before we started the auctions, and I can't think of anything more heart-rendingly deserving than these folks.

I haven't won so my vote might not count but I would bid either way as I believe both to be worth while causes!

I say go for it .

X's 2!!!!!!!!

smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby svaglic » November 26th 2015, 9:17pm

I think that is a good idea to send them money.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » November 26th 2015, 10:20pm

I say go for it, too.

You guys ROCK.

I've stated many times before that I don't like to talk about my personal life here, but in this case, I will. I am the proud owner of a 15-year-old chow/shepherd mix that I simply adore. We had a melanoma scare with her early this year, but we treated it in time, and she's been fine. However, when dogs are this old, it most of the time will spread...and we found out last week she now has cancer in one of her lungs. We are doing everything in our power here to keep our beautiful girl alive. A 65-pound dog like this one is supposed to live to, say, 11 or so. I've called the last couple of years with her "bonus" time; now, I'm doing everything I can to enjoy every single precious, dwindling day I have with Belle until time and her overall health catches up with us. I treasure every moment I have with my best friend.

And to think someone would so this to puppies disgusts me beyond words. PLEASE donate to this really good cause.
Last edited by TemerityB on November 26th 2015, 10:29pm, edited 2 times in total.
A real hero never claims to be a hero.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Ofcmark » November 26th 2015, 10:25pm

I think Diverting the money will be an excellent idea. These young pups are going to need medical treatment and probably several follow-up visits
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » November 27th 2015, 6:51am

I didn't and won't look at the link but from what I Jennifer garner from the responses send money to them.

I'd like to order a pizza to go with no anchovies.
No anchovies? --- you've got the wrong man. I spell my name "Danger".

Like that but cat-F. Sklodowska
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby fatman » November 27th 2015, 7:21am

I certainly don't object to helping animals but I can't recall the St.Judes charity auctions being diverted to a Facebook link. My opinion doesn't hold much weight as I have only bid on one watch and haven't contributed anything and I am good with whatever decision is made.Humans or animals.... I know where my last dollar would go.

HF
fatman
ASSHAT

Postby codguy » November 27th 2015, 7:55am

I am a animal softy, own a dog, two horses and two tropical fish tanks.
I become thoroughly outraged when I hear of animal cruelty and is yet another reason I won't/don't do social media (head in the sand syndrome, happier that way).

That said, I'll make it a point to send one of my yearend charity checks to the local animal shelter.
Whatever happened in the OP, I hope whomever is responsible gets their due.

Have contributed to the Shriners as well, they have and still do some really awesome things!

Frankly, if I could find a way to license a rifle, I’d use it in defense during a home invasion as casually as I’d fart into the toilet bowl- Pubbie
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby Tzimisces » November 27th 2015, 8:01am

I think that even those Lords who have not won or even bid on an item still should offer their opinion. The donations are made in our collective name, so everyone should have a say.

That said, Fatman's opinion is close to my initial impression. I noticed that the story made the TV news, so I should think that donations will roll in, though I don't know. There are any number of small, desperate-for-money organizations that help animals, and any one of them deserves money. I would be reluctant to send this one $400 if the publicity has garnered them thousands, when there are others doing good work that might also be deserving.

Am I being indecisive? I don't know...maybe. I'm fine either way.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Watch Noob » November 27th 2015, 8:01am

Like Foggy, I won't open the link as I can't take animal cruelty stories it makes me sick and infuriated. I'm also fine with diverting funds to help the cause. Hopefully swift justice will be served and not in the "system" kind of way if you know what I'm saying.
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Postby Racer-X » November 27th 2015, 9:36am

The facebook story is awful but my preference would stay with Shriners Hospital.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » November 27th 2015, 10:02am

All very learned and honest points, and well taken.

I've started a new thread regarding whether the funds should be reassigned to this, posted in General Watch Talk (for the most visibility) here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31690

Please go there to register your vote. The poll will run for two days, and majority will rule.

--Smellody

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby koimaster » November 27th 2015, 10:28am

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/11/ ... Pittsburgh

This is their facility

https://www.facebook.com/Petadoptionleague/

Pretty sure donations will be rolling into them.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby JAS1125 » November 27th 2015, 11:35am

Holy crap, this is near me!
I've been involved in some personal matters of late and haven't been keeping up with the news. What kind of sick fuck would do things like that?

I'll jump over to the poll thread.
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mortuus » November 27th 2015, 12:49pm

All:

I posted this in the hope that whomever might want to would be able to give a few extra clams via PayPal, if they were so inclined. I never conceived of this request resulting in diverting WL charitable funds away from their original purpose, though I have to admit the idea pleased me a good deal, as I temporarily forgot that charitable giving is truly a zero-sum game. If the membership has already earmarked those funds for the Shriner's Hospitals, then that's where they should go. I've already made a personal donation to the pups, and I hope others will do the same, but not at the expense of the already-chosen recipient of our auction funds.

Oh, and for all you softies out there who didn't want to read about what happened (and I don't blame you in the least), please rest easy; the latest word is that the pups are going to make a full recovery with continued TLC. But TLC ain't free, so, if you can, please help these little critters out.

Many thanks!
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » November 27th 2015, 12:57pm

Mortuus wrote:All:

I posted this in the hope that whomever might want to would be able to give a few extra clams via PayPal, if they were so inclined. I never conceived of this request resulting in diverting WL charitable funds away from their original purpose, though I have to admit the idea pleased me a good deal, as I temporarily forgot that charitable giving is truly a zero-sum game. If the membership has already earmarked those funds for the Shriner's Hospitals, then that's where they should go. I've already made a personal donation to the pups, and I hope others will do the same, but not at the expense of the already-chosen recipient of our auction funds.

Oh, and for all you softies out there who didn't want to read about what happened (and I don't blame you in the least), please rest easy; the latest word is that the pups are going to make a full recovery with continued TLC. But TLC ain't free, so, if you can, please help these little critters out.

Many thanks!

You really are a stand-up guy, you damned old goat.

--Smellody

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Next

Return to Pet World