In Memory of Kitty

Related to your pets. Does not include girlfriends/boy friends

In Memory of Kitty

Postby koimaster » April 7th 2015, 2:49pm

Kitty died one year ago today after one hell of a fight during the previous year to stay alive. She was put to her final rest at our home at 6:30 AM by our family vet. She was found abandoned in the snow back in 2008 and she decided to stay awhile. She adopted us but loved my daughter the most.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: In Memory of Kitty

Postby biglove » April 7th 2015, 2:58pm

I remember when this happened and felt so badly for your daughter losing her furbaby.

Can't believe a year has passed. May Kitty be at peace chasing squirrels and laser pointers in whatever afterlife cats have.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » April 7th 2015, 7:11pm

biglove wrote:I remember when this happened and felt so badly for your daughter losing her furbaby.

Can't believe a year has passed. May Kitty be at peace chasing squirrels and laser pointers in whatever afterlife cats have.

Yes. Nothing can replace our best friends, but hey - we are all lucky to have 'em while we do.
Bet those Swiss Legend owners are so happy their "Sapphitek" crystals have a 10-year warranty. Oh, wait...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby hcharles » April 7th 2015, 8:32pm

We were given 2 kittens back in 1990. One had Manx blood in her. Her hind legs were longer, had no tail and screeched rather than meowed. The other cat was a black shorthair with white boots, and white snout. The cats are gone now, but we think of them often. Every now and then, we hear a cat purring when we are in bed. I think that it's their way of telling us that they are still around.
Sorry for your loss, pets have a way of making us wait on them, and unconditional love.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
hcharles
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mortuus » April 7th 2015, 11:38pm

My heart breaks for Kristen every time I see these pictures of Kitty. I don't know anything about cats, having never had one, but Kitty looks like she was such a sweet baby. I do hope that one day soon your daughter will be a cat-mommy (or dog-mommy) again. It's been a rough year for both of you, but you've kept on truckin' because, well, it's just what we do. Alain, please tell Kristen that we're all thinking of her and her little one.

And thanks so much for the Pet World forum.
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Wasp » April 8th 2015, 6:37am

She gave Kitty some good years that would otherwise not been had. I will go to jail if I ever witness a human cruelly abuse a cat or dog.
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » April 7th 2017, 9:50am

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby conjurer » April 7th 2017, 10:40am

koimaster wrote:Image

That's such a great pic, Alain, and perfectly illustrates how "our" cats are really pretty much in charge. It's always a terrible day when, as cat "owners", we have to do the right thing by them.

Interestingly, and illustrative of how time becomes fleeting, the other day Mrs. C was on her Faces-books page, and asked me, "how old are our cats? Four, five and six years old?" For the live of me, I couldn't recall. Murphy, O'Brian and Smokey had seemed to have been around forever, and at the same time, it didn't seem that long, either. I recall posting some pics here of 'em and found this one:

Which I posted of Murphy over six years ago; I was astonished--Murphy still acts like a particularly dim-witted kitten, but he was middle-aged, in cat years, and he's the youngest of the three.

I made sure I gave all three of the furry Irish hooligans extra treats and hugs that night.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » April 7th 2017, 12:47pm

Good lord, has it really been three years already? Damn. How has Kristen been doing? I know that, for me, three years barely puts a dent in the sense of loss, but it is a start. Nonetheless, I hope she's doing better. Please pass along our regards...
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » April 7th 2017, 1:04pm

Here's to all of our friends, both two and four-legged, that remind us that the most precious commodity of them all is time.

If you're anything like me, koi ... well, let's just say that after my own loss at Christmas 2015, things have never been the same. Hurts, but I am eternally grateful.
Bet those Swiss Legend owners are so happy their "Sapphitek" crystals have a 10-year warranty. Oh, wait...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby TimeBeing » April 7th 2017, 4:54pm

TemerityB wrote:Here's to all of our friends, both two and four-legged, that remind us that the most precious commodity of them all is time.

If you're anything like me, koi ... well, let's just say that after my own loss at Christmas 2015, things have never been the same. Hurts, but I am eternally grateful.

I totally agree! our 4-legged healers have more soul and more unconditional love than anything else or anyone else. They bless us with their presence and comfort us when we cry. I believe love never dies and these blessed little ones live on in us forever!
TimeBeing
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Pet World