TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer-02T Tourbillon

TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer-02T Tourbillon

Postby koimaster » May 16th 2016, 8:27am

TAG Heuer is going to sell a lot of these... I am, of course, referring to the TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer-02T Tourbillon timepiece that is a new-for-2016 product and is among the most affordable (if not the most affordable) Swiss tourbillon-equipped watch of today. During Baselworld 2015, we debuted the TAG Heuer Carrera-02T Tourbillon (here), which promised an "unheard of" price of about $15,000 for a Swiss tourbillon-based watch. Now that I have one on the wrist, the question is "how did it come out?" and "how good is it for the money?" Let's explore the interesting story and product that is the newest TAG Heuer tourbillon with its in-house made Heuer-02T movement.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/tag-heuer-c ... TOWATCH%29

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer-02T Tourbillon

Postby TemerityB » May 16th 2016, 3:05pm

Unlike many here (and on most watch sites), I'm pretty much a fan of Tag.

I'd have no use for this, however, even if I had that kind of scratch to drop. Something about it just seems too commercially calculated; it's as if Biver is trying to compete with smart watches by offering a cheap version of a time-honored mechanism. It looks nice, but it rings faux to me.

For some reason, this whole thing reminds me of my favorite joke when I was like 10:

Guys picks something up off the ground:
"Looks like dog shit."

Lifts it to his nose:
"Smells like dog shit."

Takes a bite of it:
"Tastes like dog shit ... Good thing I didn't step in it."

I don't know why, but just replace "dog shit" with "a tourbillon" and "step in it" with "buy it" and that's my opinion.
"May I suggest chicken?" - HF
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » May 16th 2016, 7:37pm

TemerityB wrote:Unlike many here (and on most watch sites), I'm pretty much a fan of Tag.

I'd have no use for this, however, even if I had that kind of scratch to drop. Something about it just seems too commercially calculated; it's as if Biver is trying to compete with smart watches by offering a cheap version of a time-honored mechanism. It looks nice, but it rings faux to me.

For some reason, this whole thing reminds me of my favorite joke when I was like 10:

Guys picks something up off the ground:
"Looks like dog shit."

Lifts it to his nose:
"Smells like dog shit."

Takes a bite of it:
"Tastes like dog shit ... Good thing I didn't step in it."

I don't know why, but just replace "dog shit" with "a tourbillon" and "step in it" with "buy it" and that's my opinion.

Quite so. The tourbillon is a pretty worthless complication indeed--back when it was invented, it might have had some sort of utility, but in a wristwatch--which will be highly accurate even without it (for the price the Swiss ask)--it's a somewhat silly thing. Tourbillons are, of course, exquisitely beautiful, and for the Smart Set who can afford them, a fine way for them to fritter away their money.

Unfortunately, even if the Chinese have been able to produce a tourbillon for the hoi polloi, it's like seeing an Nvicter Subaqua Homer in Swiss Gold Layering on the wrist of some mouth-breathing imbecile--one knows its not real gold, because the Geek wearing it would never have been able to afford it. The same goes for Chinese tourbillons; they're like those stupid kits you could buy back in the 1970s which allowed you to turn a Volkswagen bug into a Bentley.

I'd rather meet a normal guy wearing a Seiko SKX007--which I did at work the other night--than some Geek wearing an Invicter tourbillon.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » May 16th 2016, 7:51pm

Biver always wins, though.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » May 16th 2016, 7:58pm

T, don't you think you were a little hard on the Biver last night?
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Heuer & Tag Heuer