Lets talk about Clerc Baby! and the SWI wannabe

Lets talk about Clerc Baby! and the SWI wannabe

Postby koimaster » June 26th 2015, 9:01am

The "swiss watch international" "swiss" Legend Scubador which is a Clerc clone. I would say replica but it is not even that good. A POS I purchased for $74 plus shipping from WOW (SWI) so I could show the total rip off of the Clerc design patent. The Clerc bezel is a design covered by patent yet that does not stop the people who made this watch from sticking their noses up at US patent laws. Fuck these florida tv scam artists. This is not the first time SWI has done this http://www.watchlords.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&p=196335

Now it is time for Clerc to step up and put this company back in place. Use your imagination and come up with the tasteless watches Inflicta does and you are guaranteed success. By the way, this POS is really crap. Hard to grasp the bezel let alone turn it. Huge and looks it on your wrist. No elegance to this POS, it screams "look at me I am a shitty watch! Grab my wrist!"

A little gratuitous british royal nudity.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Lets talk about Clerc Baby! and the SWI wannabe

Postby TemerityB » June 26th 2015, 11:38am

Hater! Don't you realize that Sappitek(TM) crystal has a 10-year-warranty?

You've been on SWI's case about this; more power to you. This forum has gotten results on this sort of thing before (trust me, I know) and it's high time these crap companies learn to knock it off with the knock-offs.

Just short of crusading journalism. Don't forget that. And to Clerc: Time to step up. Based on past results, it's just short of shooting fish in a barrel.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Kahuna74 » June 26th 2015, 11:44am

That is one fugly watch.
Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » June 26th 2015, 11:54am

While intellectual theft is certainly abhorant, I don't know if Clerc really wants to put out the cash for what could easily be a long legal fight. I believe they are a smaller, independant company, and lack the deep judicial pockets a brand like Swatch has.

While they could no doubt wipe the floor with SWI, the most they would probably get out of it would be a ruling for SWI to cease and desist selling the Scubador--a name perhaps even more retarded than its fans--which would be cold comfort indeed compared to what the lawyers would charge.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby svaglic » June 26th 2015, 12:03pm

Clerc should go after them.
Remember the Royal Oak? Swiss Legend still hasn't learned.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=27126&p=280472&hilit=royal+oak#p280472
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » June 26th 2015, 12:34pm

While I am not a fan of the Clerc design, this is blatant design rip-off. And done terribly, I might add.

Hope Clerc sues the shit out of them!
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby tiktok » June 26th 2015, 4:34pm

As a Clerc owner, I don't give a rat's ass.

tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » June 26th 2015, 5:01pm

Well, there's some progress been made; at least the konkoff isn't marked Swiss.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » June 26th 2015, 9:27pm

conjurer wrote: I believe they are a smaller, independant company, and lack the deep judicial pockets a brand like Swatch has.
While they could no doubt wipe the floor with SWI, the most they would probably get out of it would be a ruling for SWI to cease and desist selling the Scubador--a name perhaps even more retarded than its fans--which would be cold comfort indeed compared to what the lawyers would charge.

I dunno. This is gonna sound strange coming from me, who thinks TV watches by and large are repugnant, but except for the design theft issue (which is major) I really don't have a problem with SL or SWI, since for the most part they sell $50 watches for $50. Sure, I can't stand the TV aspect of it all, but at least they charge about what those Chinese watches are worth - unlike Invicter, where the markups on SAN IIIs would probably be shocking to discover the truth about.

Of course, this is all moot, and not the point here. SWI simply has to stop copping other people's designs, because it not only makes them look like a joke as they keep doing it over and over again, but it's also an affront to people who appreciate the craftsmanship of the real things. Plus, I don't understand the WOW business model at all - decent gray market offerings shrouded by mounds and mounds of self-produced el cheapo watches (SL, Red Line, Cabochon, Elini, Lucien Piccard and a couple of other brands are all now part of the SWI group).
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby boscoe » December 13th 2015, 10:44am

Clerc rhymes with Jerk. Seems owner is butthead
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby eddiea » December 13th 2015, 11:06am

I like that Scubador Alain ...nice salmon dial and all, cool 8-), actually I like it better than the Clerc!
Last edited by eddiea on December 13th 2015, 4:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby fatman » December 13th 2015, 11:31am

To me the whole design looks as confused as I would imagine a nubile Caitlyn Jenner. She doesn't know if she wants to be round or square, caged case or uncaged, crown protectors or pusher protectors?
HF
fatman
ASSHAT

Return to Clerc