Welcome to the CLERC forum!

Welcome to the CLERC forum!

Postby jeromepineau » January 5th 2015, 5:58am

First, thanks to Alain for allowing this dedicated CLERC board. CLERC is a Swiss luxury watch company many on this forum are familiar with - this is the main reason I've asked Alain to create this area as I noticed some of you had questions and/or comments about our brand, while others are existing customers. The reason for this board is simple: we're out here, we're listening, and CLERC is evolving online in 2015.

I'm in charge of marketing, PR, communication, and customer experience at CLERC. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have, meet existing customers, and address any issues to the best of my abilities. My email is jpineau@clercwatches.com and I look forward to meeting everyone here in either public or private spheres, whatever works best for you!

Happy new year to all.
Jerome Pineau
marketing | communication
CLERC Genève
clercwatches.com
@clercwatches
jeromepineau
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Welcome to the CLERC forum!

Postby mrneddles » January 5th 2015, 9:08am

Jerome, welcome to the board and hope to see you posting on a routine basis.

Two questions:
-Tell us more about the brand's plan for more exposure in the USA. I am by no means a world traveler, but I do get around occasionally and the only place I've been able to see Clerc models in the flesh is at Kenjo in Manhattan.

-What if anything is Clerc doing as a brand to prohibit or limit design theft homages such as the Swiss Legend Scubador?
mrneddles
Watchlord WIS

Postby koimaster » January 5th 2015, 9:14am

mrneddles wrote:Jerome, welcome to the board and hope to see you posting on a routine basis.

Two questions:
-Tell us more about the brand's plan for more exposure in the USA. I am by no means a world traveler, but I do get around occasionally and the only place I've been able to see Clerc models in the flesh is at Kenjo in Manhattan.

-What if anything is Clerc doing as a brand to prohibit or limit design theft homages such as the Swiss Legend Scubador?

Yes, the swi scubadore is a clone. I guess like thinks that he can copy this just like did the big bang before the courts ruled against him.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby jeromepineau » January 5th 2015, 9:44am

mrneddles wrote:Jerome, welcome to the board and hope to see you posting on a routine basis.

Two questions:

Thanks for the warm welcome @mrneddles! In a nutshell, we are continuing to expand in the USA and notably at Cellini's in NYC (both locations at the Waldorf and the Madison ave store). If you visit clercwatches.com and click Where to Buy you can see all the existing locations in the USA currently. There is for sure plenty of growing room and the plan is to grow in this market which is very important to us.

As for design "borrowing" :) it's funny you should mention this as I just saw the Visconti bezel online (wasn't familiar) - as you know there is relatively little brands can do to prevent these things - many similar horology "codes" are found throughout multiple brands. Rolex, Hublot, AP, IWC, Panerai, L&S and many others have inspired bits and pieces of design left and right. It doesn't take away from the holistic product in my opinion. A CLERC is still a CLERC no matter what and really hard if not impossible to confuse with anything else :)
Jerome Pineau
CLERC Genève
clercwatches.com
@clercwatches
jeromepineau
Senior Member & WIS

Postby jeromepineau » January 7th 2015, 9:11am

Two questions:

Hello @mrneddles - quick update on the design infringement: checked with our legal and we actually do have the design registered and protected worldwide. Clerc has enforced this right in the courts successfully in the past and will continue to do so.
Best,
J.
Jerome Pineau
CLERC Genève
clercwatches.com
@clercwatches
jeromepineau
Senior Member & WIS

Postby mrneddles » January 7th 2015, 9:40am

Thanks for the update!
mrneddles
Watchlord WIS

Postby koimaster » January 7th 2015, 12:50pm

http://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Legend-1053 ... B0043BRSDY

Link to current model by swiss watch international which is a clerc clone.

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQjEq_QJug[/youtube]

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby TemerityB » January 7th 2015, 3:59pm

Welcome to the forum. I think as much as any forum around, the members here care greatly about "design theft," as we sometimes refer to it.

Since I'm not much into Swiss Legend, I was unfamiliar with that model, but wow - the similarity certainly is striking.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby boscoe » January 8th 2015, 2:04pm

Welcome.
Clerc offers unique designs and execution.
HAVE THIS IN MOP/DIAMOND DIAL AS WELL

BANISHED FOR BEING QUARTZ
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby jeromepineau » January 9th 2015, 6:41am

TemerityB wrote:Welcome to the forum. I think as much as any forum around, the members here care greatly about "design theft," as we sometimes refer to it.

Since I'm not much into Swiss Legend, I was unfamiliar with that model, but wow - the similarity certainly is striking.

Quite understandably so. We have enforced the rights to our exclusive designs before - with Swiss Legend as well if I'm not mistaken - and will continue to do so with any other brand who infringes on it.
Jerome Pineau
CLERC Genève
clercwatches.com
@clercwatches
jeromepineau
Senior Member & WIS

Postby jeromepineau » January 9th 2015, 6:42am

boscoe wrote:Welcome.
Clerc offers unique designs and execution.
HAVE THIS IN MOP/DIAMOND DIAL AS WELL

BANISHED FOR BEING QUARTZ

Thank you @boscoe - great pics of our previous collections!
Jerome Pineau
CLERC Genève
clercwatches.com
@clercwatches
jeromepineau
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bedlam » January 9th 2015, 6:57am

Welcome Jerome.

I really do like the overall design of the H1 but never taken the plunge. The multiple date window stepping on the 3 and the partial bezel indexing stop me. The watches appear to be nicely engineered though and Boscoe speaks well of his watches, so it would seem to be my loss.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby jeromepineau » January 9th 2015, 7:01am

bedlam wrote:Welcome Jerome.

I really do like the overall design of the H1 but never taken the plunge. The multiple date window stepping on the 3 and the partial bezel indexing stop me. The watches appear to be nicely engineered though and Boscoe speaks well of his watches, so it would seem to be my loss.

Thank you @bedlam for the warm welcome. A lot of people actually like the H1 date display because you can see the "before/after" date number there and visually it is a cleaner experience for some folks - but different tastes for different folks :)

On the engineering side, it is more than mere appearance for sure - have you been to our blog?

Best.
Jerome Pineau
CLERC Genève
clercwatches.com
@clercwatches
jeromepineau
Senior Member & WIS

Postby boscoe » January 10th 2015, 10:47am

Just stopped by your website for the first time in ages. Your current range seems to be moving slightly back to traditional - for Clerc - with modern elements. Quite nice.
The early Hydroscaphs were a bit too extreme/funky for me.
To some extent, the lack of retail outlets in the USA limits my interest in the brand. Makes it hard to shop - and, more importantly, get authorized service/parts in a timely fashion (I have recounted elsewhere it was faster for me to have a lost bracelet screw custom-made than get one from your company!!!!).
That said, your company's overall workmanship is superlative. The bracelets on my dress watches are stainless steel works of art. I will follow this forum with interest.
Again, best of luck.
Last edited by boscoe on January 10th 2015, 10:49am, edited 2 times in total.
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby boscoe » January 10th 2015, 10:47am

Dual post. OOps :mrgreen:
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby jeromepineau » January 10th 2015, 12:01pm

boscoe wrote:Just stopped by your website for the first time in ages. Your current range seems to be moving slightly back to traditional - for Clerc - with modern elements. Quite nice.
The early Hydroscaphs were a bit too extreme/funky for me.
To some extent, the lack of retail outlets in the USA limits my interest in the brand. Makes it hard to shop - and, more importantly, get authorized service/parts in a timely fashion (I have recounted elsewhere it was faster for me to have a lost bracelet screw custom-made than get one from your company!!!!).
That said, your company's overall workmanship is superlative. The bracelets on my dress watches are stainless steel works of art. I will follow this forum with interest.
Again, best of luck.

Well thanks for visiting! :) Yes we've refocused entirely on the Hydroscaph collection. Also all men watches now. We have decent coverage in the USA and still growing. On the service side we use Stoll in Ohio (for the US market) which is about as reputable a service center as you can find (they service numerous major brands as well). Hang in there - we'll be opening more locations in the US in 2015.

Thanks for your support
J.
Jerome Pineau
CLERC Genève
clercwatches.com
@clercwatches
jeromepineau
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Clerc