The Best Beers for Your Super Bowl...

Wine, Beer, Weed and the hard stuff

The Best Beers for Your Super Bowl...

Postby Thunder1 » February 5th 2016, 1:28pm

Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: The Best Beers for Your Super Bowl...

Postby 3Flushes » February 5th 2016, 2:17pm

Fat Tire Amber Ale on ice over here.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » February 5th 2016, 2:18pm

3Flushes wrote:Fat Tire Amber Ale on ice over here.

Check your PMs, pls..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby gerdson » February 5th 2016, 2:22pm

I wish I had Your choice over here. I will be drinking a Hamburg Pale Ale from "Ratsherren". Decent, but an Oregon beer would be better. And being in Oregon. :cry:
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Well, you see, the hole thing began with peyote...
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » February 5th 2016, 2:30pm

gerdson wrote:I wish I had Your choice over here. I will be drinking a Hamburg Pale Ale from "Ratsherren". Decent, but an Oregon beer would be better. And being in Oregon. :cry:

I think fresh pilsner from a local gasthaus would be hard to beat...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » February 5th 2016, 2:51pm

Whatever's cheap,cold,and in my fridge. I don't believe in spending $$ on something that I piss away after 2 running plays and a commercial.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » February 5th 2016, 3:00pm

A bottle of Monkey Shoulder.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mark1 » February 5th 2016, 6:08pm

Schaeffer Springs Blowout IPA brewed by yours truly.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby Thunder1 » February 6th 2016, 10:36am

biglove wrote:A bottle of Monkey Shoulder.

Sounds good...probably would go well w/ this product below..

Maybe we get someone to package the 2 together and make some dinero...we could call the package "Butt & Shoulders"... ;)
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » February 6th 2016, 7:48pm

Thunder1 wrote:
biglove wrote:A bottle of Monkey Shoulder.

Sounds good...probably would go well w/ this product below..

Maybe we get someone to package the 2 together and make some dinero...we could call the package "Butt & Shoulders"... ;)

Buahahahahaha!

Actually, let my daughter clear out my beer fridge. Found two bottles of Bourbon County Stout.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby four of diamonds » February 7th 2016, 8:31am

I haven't had a drink in years and don't plan on it for the Super Bowl.

My son went to work for this local brewery a couple of years ago and was their Cellar Master.

http://jekyllbrewing.com/

Jekyll is Georgia's 2nd or 3rd largest independent brewer. He started experimenting with his own recipes and created a few special "runs" (10 barrels or less) that won awards in the Georgia brewing scene.

That got the attention of these guys: http://www.burnthickorybrewery.com/ who hired him away a few months ago. He just got promoted to Head Brewer. He is going to spend his Super Bowl Sunday nursing along a few batches of Valentines Day special beers. That being said, brewing beer is not all fun and games. Production is a demanding 24x7 job, throw in some time to create and develop new recipes, handle promotional campaigns, financial management, negotiate with distributors and few other duties and it turns into a 60 hour work week. There is a lot of competition in this industry vying for attention and shelf space, so its dog eat dog competition.

So enjoy your favorite brew today and remember the hard working folks that bring it to you.
four of diamonds
Master of Time

Postby biglove » February 7th 2016, 9:01am

four of diamonds wrote:I haven't had a drink in years and don't plan on it for the Super Bowl.

My son went to work for this local brewery a couple of years ago and was their Cellar Master.

http://jekyllbrewing.com/

Jekyll is Georgia's 2nd or 3rd largest independent brewer. He started experimenting with his own recipes and created a few special "runs" (10 barrels or less) that won awards in the Georgia brewing scene.

That got the attention of these guys: http://www.burnthickorybrewery.com/ who hired him away a few months ago. He just got promoted to Head Brewer. He is going to spend his Super Bowl Sunday nursing along a few batches of Valentines Day special beers. That being said, brewing beer is not all fun and games. Production is a demanding 24x7 job, throw in some time to create and develop new recipes, handle promotional campaigns, financial management, negotiate with distributors and few other duties and it turns into a 60 hour work week. There is a lot of competition in this industry vying for attention and shelf space, so its dog eat dog competition.

So enjoy your favorite brew today and remember the hard working folks that bring it to you.

Got into craft and foreign beer about 15 years ago. We had no availability here so I wound up making road trips to Dallas, New Orleas, St. Louis, Baton Rouge and Memphis, among others, for beer runs and brewery tours. And I spent a fortune trading with guys around the world to get access to beers we didn't have here. Was a blast! Managed to make acquaintances in Belgium, Germany, Australia, England and more.

All told I was able to review several thousand different beers. Although I don't follow the scene much now, I still love a well made beer.

I admire what your son does. Takes serious dedication, passion and a stellar work ethic. A blend of science and art, truly a craft.

Have never met a brewmaster who hated his job, despite the long hours.

Hope he continues to have great success, 4D.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby SaoGage » February 7th 2016, 9:27am

Boat Session IPA by Carton Brewing Company, local here in New Jersey. IMO, the best Jersey beer you can get.
SaoGage
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Wasp » February 7th 2016, 9:59am

Sam Adams IPA. In versions Rebel Rouser and Latitude 48 Followed by a surprisingly good Ballantine IPA.
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Return to The Pub