Evolution of the Legendary Porsche 911

Cars, planes, boats & movies

Evolution of the Legendary Porsche 911

Postby koimaster » September 20th 2017, 8:44am

Literary any human being on this planet is able to recognize this classic model, something not every car can be proud of. The numbers says it all. The Porsche 911 was first launched in 1964 and has remained in production to this day. In the following video you are able to see head to head comparison between their first and latest Porsche made. Namely, Porsche marks a truly remarkable milestone i.e. their millionth Porsche 911 has just been produced from their Zuffenhausen production line in Germany. But has this legendary car been always the same? In fact, not lot of things has been changed from the basic concept first made in 1963.

http://www.musclecarszone.com/evolution ... nerations/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Evolution of the Legendary Porsche 911

Postby codguy » September 20th 2017, 11:11am

Owned four 911's (still have one of them)...................................... but they lost me forever when they produced the four door Panamera "version of the 911".

Porsche ran away from their sports car roots with all the four door offerings. Buh bye.

codguy
ASSHAT

Re: Evolution of the Legendary Porsche 911

Postby koimaster » September 20th 2017, 11:31am

codguy wrote:Owned four 911's (still have one of them)...................................... but they lost me forever when they produced the four door Panamera "version of the 911".

Porsche ran away from their sports car roots with all the four door offerings. Buh bye.

My favorite is still the early 911S series from the late 60's.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to The Drive in