Columbia Cup-Sea and Sky

Cars, planes, boats & movies

Columbia Cup-Sea and Sky

Postby Mark1 » July 31st 2017, 3:41pm

Spent the weekend at the Hydroplane races in the Tri-Cities, Washington on the Columbia River. They also have an airshow which is pretty tame except for the F22 Raptor which appeared this year. Had a good time boat, plane, and people watching. Also got a chance to meet and visit with codguy on Sunday. Good guy. So here's a few pictures.

The Pay&Pak and Miss Budweiser were two of the vintage 70's Unlimited Hydroplanes which raced in their own class. The Pay&Pak boat has the drivers name George Henley painted on it. This is the boat that dominated the unlimited racing in the mid seventies. George went to school with my dad, and I had some of his autographed posters on the wall when I was a kid. Note the open cockpits, that wouldn't fly today.
Well, welcome to the real world, my delicate little Instagrammed snowflakes. Piers Morgan
Mark1
Founding Member

Re: Columbia Cup-Sea and Sky

Postby conjurer » July 31st 2017, 3:49pm

Great pics! How's cod doing? The last time I saw him, he was pretty jaked after a trip to the Barrens.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » July 31st 2017, 4:19pm

Nice pics- I've been to San Diego's version on Mission Bay a few times. Those boats are incredible; the racing and the crashes are way more fun to watch than car racing is.

Was cod driving the work car?
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » July 31st 2017, 4:26pm

3Flushes wrote:Nice pics- I've been to San Diego's version on Mission Bay a few times. Those boats are incredible; the racing and the crashes are way more fun to watch than car racing is.

Was cod driving the work car?

I don't think so. He mentioned something about some rear suspension work.
Well, welcome to the real world, my delicate little Instagrammed snowflakes. Piers Morgan
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby biglove » July 31st 2017, 4:45pm

Have seen the Raptor at an air show. The F-16 remains my favorite fighter but, the Raptor is amazing tech.

And boat racers are a special breed of batshit crazy.

Nice pics.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby artman » July 31st 2017, 5:07pm

Amazing photos of a beautiful summer day filled with badass planes and super fast boats. Thanks for sharing!
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby codguy » August 1st 2017, 4:20am

Awesome pics! Takes investing in the expensive photo equipment you have to make these happen.

Had a great time on Sunday. Was a pleasure meeting up and the visit.
Hydros, airplanes, 100°F weather and great people.......... was a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

codguy
ASSHAT

Return to The Drive in