1957 Ford Courier Sedan Delivery

Cars, planes, boats & movies

1957 Ford Courier Sedan Delivery

Postby koimaster » October 4th 2016, 10:09am

A car near and dear to me. My first car was a 57 Ford 2 door ranch wagon with three on the tree and a y block 312.

The Ford Courier Sedan Delivery was built between 1952 and 1960 as a solution for those who needed cargo space but didn’t want or didn’t need a truck. Ford developed the the Sedan Delivery on the 1956 sedan platform – which itself was an updated version of the iconic 1955 Ford.

Ford built just 6,178 Couriers in 1957 and many (if not most) saw a hard life as a delivery vehicle for stores across the USA, they were used by everyone from florists and bakers, to builders and plumbers. Very few survived more than 20 or so years due to their hard lives and lack of perceived value – and they’re now a rare sight on the road.

The ’57 Sedan Delivery you see here is likely one of the nicest examples you’ll find outside of a museum – it’s been through a body-off restoration in the hands of Jerry Miller Classic Cars & Restorations in Arkansas. During the restoration process a 212bhp, 292 cubic inch Y-block V8 was fitted with a Ford-O-Matic 3-speed transmission, this engine was used in place of the typically installed Mileage Maker 6-cylinder engine – which although economical (for the era) tended to leave a lot to be desired from a performance perspective.

http://silodrome.com/ford-courier-sedan-delivery-car/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: 1957 Ford Courier Sedan Delivery

Postby AlbertaTime » October 4th 2016, 4:54pm

I hope your bid wins?? :-)

Beautiful car.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Return to The Drive in