Timex Waterbury Chronograph

watches we all can afford

Timex Waterbury Chronograph

Postby koimaster » June 23rd 2017, 8:37am

At some point in your life, you are going to own a Timex. Maybe it's the first watch you own as a kid (like me), or that dirt cheap Weekender you buy on a whim (I did), or maybe you want a fitness tracker that doesn't look like a prop from Logan's Run (this one doesn't). They produce so many watches for so many purposes for such low prices, buying one is almost inevitable, and yet, whether because of their ubiquity or in spite of it, they are frequently overlooked by many watch nerds. That is a shame because they are missing out on some charming watches like this Timex Waterbury Chronograph.

Timex designed this collection to honor the company's 160-plus years in Waterbury, Connecticut, and in doing so, stayed truer to the vintage spirit than many luxury brand reissues. The line consists of a mid-century modern model, two Explorer variants, and a few military-inspired three-handers and chronographs. Timex gave me a TW2R24900ZA chronograph on a steel link bracelet, which retails for $139. Retro cues include a tall mineral crystal, muted dial printing, and the Waterbury logo in an old-fashioned script with decorative swashes looping from the "W."

http://www.thetimebum.com/2017/06/timex ... ime+Bum%29

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to Affordable Watches