Glycine's Evine Debut

watches we all can afford

Re: Glycine's Evine Debut

Postby Mortuus » July 3rd 2017, 2:23pm

3Flushes wrote:
artman wrote:Buy local fellahs. I find it best to stay away from the ghey markets all together.

Good advice if you can resist the grey and afford the AD's price.

artman wrote:...this mosh pit I call home...

Best description of this joint ever.

Yep, concur 110%. And not only that; it also perfectly lays out the difference between WL and WF in one brilliant sentence. Well damned done, Arty! I could never in a million years have said it any better... 8-)
Last edited by Mortuus on July 3rd 2017, 2:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gunter. Globen. Glaussen. Glieben.
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 2:38pm

artman wrote:Buy local fellahs. I find it best to stay away from the ghey markets all together. As for watchforums.net that's my happy place away from this mosh pit I call home. Just watches and warm, fuzzy feelings.

I compare prices. If a watch sells for $1000 at AD but $300 on Joma, it means if the Joma one breaks and worst comes to worst i could buy another one in total $600 still less than AD price. If that one breaks again by sheer bad luck it would be $900
PiningforElgin

Postby codguy » July 3rd 2017, 3:17pm

Mortuus wrote:Coddy knows it's still there; he's just trying to burnish his extreme disdain for the site by claiming he knows nothing about it --

It's a robust forum Mort :sarc:.
High time you purchase that place already before it gains in popularity.

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby Mortuus » July 3rd 2017, 3:22pm

PiningforElgin wrote:
artman wrote:Buy local fellahs. I find it best to stay away from the ghey markets all together. As for watchforums.net that's my happy place away from this mosh pit I call home. Just watches and warm, fuzzy feelings.

I compare prices. If a watch sells for $1000 at AD but $300 on Joma, it means if the Joma one breaks and worst comes to worst i could buy another one in total $600 still less than AD price. If that one breaks again by sheer bad luck it would be $900

Does Joma really have anything with that much of a delta between their and an AD's prices? If so, there's real hope for my getting that long-lusted-after Hulk, after all... :mrgreen:

Gunter. Globen. Glaussen. Glieben.
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby eddiea » July 3rd 2017, 3:46pm

Mortuus wrote:
PiningforElgin wrote:

Does Joma really have anything with that much of a delta between their and an AD's prices? If so, there's real hope for my getting that long-lusted-after Hulk, after all... :mrgreen:

Joma is OK, warranty is pretty good , I found Ashford better as of lately as far as pricing goes
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 4:02pm

Mortuus wrote:
PiningforElgin wrote:

Well usually not, the 1/3 of retail price would be an extreme scenario on Joma or another grey source, sometimes for discontinued models blowout. Admittedly I was citing a rare situation. I got my Tissot small second Courtuier for $299 and the Tissot boutique guy told me the model was discontinued

There was once on Amazon when Fossil Swiss automatic with STP1 11 was going to be discontinued they were sold by Amazon (not third party) for $146 apiece, truly ridiculous prices. So if Hulk is to be discontinued and blew out any price is possible
PiningforElgin

Previous

Return to Affordable Watches