Glycine's Evine Debut

watches we all can afford

Glycine's Evine Debut

Postby TemerityB » May 25th 2017, 8:18pm

A big show featuring the now Invicta-run Glycine (the ads say "Be An Airman") debuts on Bovine on June 2.

"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Glycine's Evine Debut

Postby tiktok » May 25th 2017, 8:53pm

My boy Guccifer 4.0 hacked the Invicta site and came up with this prototype Sub that seems to be highlighted and in production in DongbeI province now.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby eddiea » May 26th 2017, 1:44am

TemerityB wrote:A big show featuring the now Invicta-run Glycine (the ads say "Be An Airman") debuts on Bovine on June 2.

Shame....
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby biglove » May 26th 2017, 6:46am

I feel sorrow for Glycine owners who will henceforth have to explain that their watches were "pre-Inshita."

Eyal, you greasy Panamanian rat bastard, go fuck yourself.

I hope you catch crotch crabs so voracious they chew your sweaty, half descended nut sack off. A nice case of Fournier's gangrene would serve as justice for what you have perpetrated against horology.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 26th 2017, 8:48am

Glycine on a shopping channel... Sic transit gloria.

May Eyal the Barbarian catch scabies, cholera, and some other 19th century diseases.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby eddiea » May 26th 2017, 9:33am

biglove wrote:I feel sorrow for Glycine owners who will henceforth have to explain that their watches were "pre-Inshita."

Eyal, you greasy Panamanian rat bastard, go fuck yourself.

I hope you catch crotch crabs so voracious they chew your sweaty, half descended nut sack off. A nice case of Fournier's gangrene would serve as justice for what you have perpetrated against horology.

Even the pre-Invicta owners will suffer, service, resale value etc. just not a good outcome....
eddiea

Postby tiktok » May 26th 2017, 12:22pm

I think Glycine was already sliding down that slippery slope prior to the sale.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 26th 2017, 1:05pm

tiktok wrote:I think Glycine was already sliding down that slippery slope prior to the sale.

It was, but being sold by various Skeltons (or whatever plank is advertising that crap on Evine now - I'm beyond caring, as here in the Old World we don't have Evine on the telly) along with Invicters only cements Glycine's newly earned reputation of a more pricey Invicter.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby eddiea » May 26th 2017, 1:55pm

tiktok wrote:I think Glycine was already sliding down that slippery slope prior to the sale.

Indeed, QA was already poor prior to the sale...then came el Lalo
eddiea

Postby TemerityB » June 2nd 2017, 12:54pm

Okay fellow haters: Tonight's the night of the Glycine debut. What's the over/under betting line on who the "brand rep" will be?

Justin Zimmer/Invicta Lyin': 20-1 – either of those he-men trying a Combat Sub on their wrist would be like casting Selena Gomez as Iron Man

Avi Viera/Larry Magen/Michael Davis: 10-1 - Who knows? Ain't like they're busy doing anything else

Wiley Lowe: 5-1 - I could actually see this, but if anyone asked him a question about the warranty his head would probably explode like a 1974 Pinto

Jill Somersausage: 2-1 - This is such a bad idea I could actually see it happening

Someone New/Connected With "Old" Glycine: 2-1 - Possible. It might give old owners some hope, at least

Eyal Lalo: 1-1 - Safe money. I can't imagine him not braying about his new brand. Lalo gets off on duping the marks. Too big a daybew!
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » June 2nd 2017, 1:19pm

TemerityB wrote:Okay fellow haters: Tonight's the night of the Glycine debut. What's the over/under betting line on who the "brand rep" will be?

Justin Zimmer/Invicta Lyin': 20-1 – either of those he-men trying a Combat Sub on their wrist would be like casting Selena Gomez as Iron Man

Avi Viera/Larry Magen/Michael Davis: 10-1 - Who knows? Ain't like they're busy doing anything else

Wiley Lowe: 5-1 - I could actually see this, but if anyone asked him a question about the warranty his head would probably explode like a 1974 Pinto

Jill Somersausage: 2-1 - This is such a bad idea I could actually see it happening

Someone New/Connected With "Old" Glycine: 2-1 - Possible. It might give old owners some hope, at least

Eyal Lalo: 1-1 - Safe money. I can't imagine him not braying about his new brand. Lalo gets off on duping the marks. Too big a daybew!

:idontcare:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby TemerityB » June 2nd 2017, 1:35pm

koimaster wrote:
:idontcare:

I don't really, either. But like Eddie noted to an extent: Watching Glycine become a TV brand is sad; it's like suddenly seeing Andrew Lock suits at Walmart.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » June 2nd 2017, 4:00pm

Real Mickey Mouse gas mask (circa 1942) in anticipation of Inflicta becoming the most feared piles of shit in the known universe.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby conjurer » June 2nd 2017, 5:15pm

TemerityB wrote:Okay fellow haters: Tonight's the night of the Glycine debut. What's the over/under betting line on who the "brand rep" will be?

Yup, I'd guess that Eyal will fly up for this show--or maybe he'll skype or whatever the fuck it's called. At any rate, T's right--Glycine is now the flagship of the Big Yellow Fun Fleet. Of course, they might have some Eurotrash leftover from the old company who's got his cock in Eyal's watch pocket.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » June 3rd 2017, 7:57am

Turned out to be Steven Lack, the Glycine CEO who's been telling the press "everything's staying the same" since the sale. So in the 2 minutes I watched, both him and Klondyke Klitclipper kept saying "everything's staying the same" over and over.

Which means nothing's the same.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Thunder1 » June 3rd 2017, 8:12am

TemerityB wrote:Turned out to be Steven Lack, the Glycine CEO who's been telling the press "everything's staying the same" since the sale. So in the 2 minutes I watched, both him and Klondyke Klitclipper kept saying "everything's staying the same" over and over.

Which means nothing's the same.

Based upon this post, I actually watched the Glycine portion of the show for awhile..some of those GMT watches are pretty cool & are priced well..wish the best for that brand and its' fans..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby eddiea » June 3rd 2017, 9:59am

TemerityB wrote: Which means nothing's the same.

Eyal disagree , stating about Glycine on a recent Fox News interview " same shit different day"......
eddiea

Postby koimaster » June 3rd 2017, 7:13pm

eddiea wrote:
TemerityB wrote: Which means nothing's the same.

Eyal disagree , stating about Glycine on a recent Fox News interview " same shit different day"......

Love to see that interview.

http://www.timezone.com/2002/09/25/inte ... eyal-lalo/

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby tiktok » June 3rd 2017, 9:47pm

This was my first time watching Evine. Everything they sell is made in a slave ship off the coast of Somalia
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby abduksion » June 3rd 2017, 9:58pm

I give them 6 no 4 months before we start seeing them disappear.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby TemerityB » June 4th 2017, 3:29pm

abduksion wrote:I give them 6 no 4 months before we start seeing them disappear.

I don't know if I agree. The Big I keeps hawking their faux luxury brand S.Coifman that even WITs don't give a rat's ass about, as well as the ghost of Technomarine. Tax write offs if any of the side projects go into the crapper. Until then they can sell Glycine on TV and in their cheesebox stores.

I was near the Times Squre Invicter store a few weeks ago and saw Glycine though the window. I don't even have a dog in this hunt, yet I threw up in my mouth a little.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 8:12am

Some of the older Glycine models are under 300 on Joma now. Stock up before they get discontinued haha

Seriously though I'm optimistic cautiously about this. Fossil owns Zodiac now and see how they've made the brand better with more automatic pieces. Swatch, a company that made money from shit tons of plastic quartz toy watches for kids, owns... Breguet. Glycine will be fine
PiningforElgin

Postby eddiea » July 3rd 2017, 8:28am

PiningforElgin wrote:Some of the older Glycine models are under 300 on Joma now. Stock up before they get discontinued haha

There is however a bit of an issue with that thought, named "service after purchased" both warranty and regular service, pretty much worthless under Invicta , that and the association with Lalo's shitty brand, devaluates Glycine old stock as well by default....
eddiea

Postby koimaster » July 3rd 2017, 8:29am

PiningforElgin wrote:Some of the older Glycine models are under 300 on Joma now. Stock up before they get discontinued haha

Seriously though I'm optimistic cautiously about this. Fossil owns Zodiac now and see how they've made the brand better with more automatic pieces. Swatch, a company that made money from shit tons of plastic quartz toy watches for kids, owns... Breguet. Glycine will be fine

There is a huge difference in both the class of the owners and the outlook in their approach to watches. One just needs to look to Technomarine to see what the lying Panamanian did to that company vs what Hyek did with Breguet. And of course Swatch has never been accused of making"swiss watches in China" Photo is from page 31 of the Swiss Federation Annual report.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby TemerityB » July 3rd 2017, 8:31am

eddiea wrote:

There is however a bit of an issue with that thought, named "service after purchased" both warranty and regular service, pretty much worthless under Invicta , that and the association with Lalo's shitty brand, devaluates Glycine old stock as well by default....

A great point. Sure, Invicta issues some embarrassing, tasteless Chinese crud - but any discussion on the brand, to me, begins and ends with their well-documented lack of any kind of quality control or service after the sale; those who choose to ignore the fact that the "brand" has failed to fix the very watches they sell for more than 15 years are playing a fool's game, or simply don't care about the hobby or the people who engage in it as a whole. And it pisses me off like nothing else - ripping off buyers disqualifies a brand from any serious discussion as what, in this case, can laughingly even be called a "brand."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Next

Return to Affordable Watches