The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

watches we all can afford

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby Racer-X » July 10th 2017, 8:39pm

conjurer wrote:
Hawk wrote:Thank you, gentlemen!

It may well be a manifestation of Oldtimers disease on my part but I honestly thought this was merely an update on old news regarding a K1 visa that's been in process since the Obama administration.

Oh well, I was remiss and offer apologies.


Most of us are too fucking stupid to know what a K1 visa is.


Raises hand - That is awesome, Congrats Hawk!
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4012
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby ocean » July 11th 2017, 3:24am

Racer-X wrote:
conjurer wrote:
Hawk wrote:Thank you, gentlemen!

It may well be a manifestation of Oldtimers disease on my part but I honestly thought this was merely an update on old news regarding a K1 visa that's been in process since the Obama administration.

Oh well, I was remiss and offer apologies.


Most of us are too fucking stupid to know what a K1 visa is.


Raises hand - That is awesome, Congrats Hawk!


Congratulations Hawk! I thought that the k1 only took 3 to 6 months to receive? You might want to look into expediting the process.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
User avatar
ocean
Master of Time
 
Posts: 2892
Joined: June 12th 2011, 10:00pm
Location: Daytona Beach

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby Hawk » July 11th 2017, 6:09am

ocean wrote:Congratulations Hawk! I thought that the k1 only took 3 to 6 months to receive? You might want to look into expediting the process.


At the time we submitted the paperwork the estimate was 5 to 6 months at the USCIS plus an additional 4 to 5 weeks for the National Visa Center to set up things at the embassy.

It was obvious we were going to be at the long end of the estimate when I got accused (by form letter) of failing to disclose the use of a marriage broker. While easily disproved and quickly resolved we probably got booted out of the queue for a time. Right now it's looking like 10 months to a year.






As a preemptive defense I would hasten to note that she's older than she looks.

Image



On the brighter side of the long wait I've much enjoyed my very numerous trips to the kingdom. They've become frequent enough my regular barber is in Thailand.

This is her being perplexed by my wishing to record her accidentally giving me Trump hair for a moment.

Image
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 7344
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby Falstaff » July 11th 2017, 7:24am

Just don't commit any acts of lese majeste and you'll be fine - as you know they take their kings very seriously over there.
"Come and take them!"
User avatar
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 6447
Joined: August 31st 2010, 10:00pm

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby Hawk » July 11th 2017, 8:12am

Quite so but it's never been an issue during the reign of Rama 9 as he routinely earned more adulation than the law required. With the coronation of Rama 10 adulation seems to have mutated into a polite yet mildly grumbling respect.

The coronation was a thing to behold. And I did behold it albeit on the TV as a combination of my lady getting an urgent request from her employer and my jet-lag conspired to plant me in front of the hotel TV for about six hours. Quite the name that guy has.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 7344
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby koimaster » July 11th 2017, 9:04am

Bought this yesterday at a local store which has decided that they will no longer carry Seiko. $120.00

Image

Purchased this one as well for the same reason although my daughter liked the dial, for me MEH. Probably sell it off.

Image
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
 
Posts: 32126
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby bobbee » July 11th 2017, 2:21pm

Many congrats Hawk, you lucky dog you!


On topic, here is my best if not quite cheapest (cheapest was £1.75 at a car boot fair, crappy old no name deco watch) offering, and at £3 ($4 or so) for the whole shebang was a steal from a local junk shop who didn't know what they had.

Interchangeable bezels, box and papers in a velvet envelope.



ImageImageImageImage
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
User avatar
bobbee
Master of Time
 
Posts: 864
Joined: November 30th 2016, 1:01am

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby Falstaff » July 11th 2017, 2:30pm

bobbee wrote:Many congrats Hawk, you lucky dog you!


On topic, here is my best if not quite cheapest (cheapest was £1.75 at a car boot fair, crappy old no name deco watch) offering, and at £3 ($4 or so) for the whole shebang was a steal from a local junk shop who didn't know what they had.

Interchangeable bezels, box and papers in a velvet envelope.



ImageImageImageImage



3 quid? Poor bastard really didn't know what he had. Very nice LIP.
"Come and take them!"
User avatar
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 6447
Joined: August 31st 2010, 10:00pm

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby biglove » July 11th 2017, 5:30pm

Hawk, she could pass for 15! That's great, she will look all of 25 when she turns 50.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
Image
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 10209
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Location: Deep South

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby 3Flushes » July 11th 2017, 5:39pm

Hawk wrote:At the time we submitted the paperwork the estimate was 5 to 6 months at the USCIS plus an additional 4 to 5 weeks for the National Visa Center to set up things at the embassy.

It was obvious we were going to be at the long end of the estimate when I got accused (by form letter) of failing to disclose the use of a marriage broker. While easily disproved and quickly resolved we probably got booted out of the queue for a time. Right now it's looking like 10 months to a year.

As a preemptive defense I would hasten to note that she's older than she looks.

Image


You two make for an awesome looking couple, Hawk.

I must admit that I, like conj, have no clue what a K-1 VISA is also either, but I have a feeling that means you're close(r) to being able to live in Thailand with your beautiful lady, and that's very cool, man.

As to the topic: I've had numerous cheapos, a few Timex's (love the Indiglo) and a G-shock or two and had fun with all of them like all my others, although, they were beaters that got beaten and none of them live here anymore.
Last edited by 3Flushes on July 11th 2017, 6:40pm, edited 2 times in total.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 5525
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby Hawk » July 11th 2017, 6:03pm

biglove wrote:Hawk, she could pass for 15! That's great, she will look all of 25 when she turns 50.


Yeah, I got a lot of that sort of grief when she went public on the engagement on Facebook a couple of years ago. I am, to be sure, older than she is but not by the margin generally assumed.

The last time she saw 20 was 27 years ago. Given the hiccups in the K-1 she may well be a full 50 by the time she's here. I was similarly skeptical and actually took a picture of her national ID to prove it in the event I should be faced with pedophilia charges.

But just for you I put up with public comments and uploaded a couple more to Imgur:

late middle-aged Thai lady:

Image





Niece by marriage (eventually) - all cleaned up for mom's 100 day ceremony after Buddhist funeral. I thought she was 12 - actually closer to 32. In the context of her family I look like I'm 285 years old and deader 'n Mort.

From a stranger in a strange land:

Image



They age differently over there and it ain't necessarily a good thing.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 7344
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby Hawk » July 11th 2017, 6:14pm

3Flushes wrote:I must admit that I, like conj, have no clue what a K-1 VISA is also either, but I have a feeling that means you're close(r) to being able to live in Thailand with your beautiful lady, and that's very cool, man.

As to the topic: I've had numerous cheapos, a few Timex's (love the Indiglo) and a G-shock or two and had fun with all of them like all my others, although, they were beaters that got beaten and none of them live here anymore.


Thank you, sir!

To be honest the K-1 if for her to come here with a plan to obtain dual citizenship.

My getting visas for Thailand is really pretty easy. The original plan was for me to move there but going half-and-half has its advantages. I've decided Bangkok properties are stupid high priced so we're rooting around Nakhon Si Thammarat in the south. Her family lives down there so there's no ties to Bangkok. And if I were her Haines City Florida would have me bored to tears in short order.

She derives her income from working for a private statistical analysis firm so we geek out on numbers together. Regrettably there isn't much call for what she does over here. And I suspect the time is limited over there before she's replaced with an Amazon Echo or some such.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 7344
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby conjurer » July 11th 2017, 6:17pm

Your financee is goddamn hot you fucking plank. She is even hotter than my own Petunia you cock. You are a lucky old bastard you pillock & Dirtbox salutes you.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 24490
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby 3Flushes » July 11th 2017, 6:37pm

Hawk wrote:
3Flushes wrote:I must admit that I, like conj, have no clue what a K-1 VISA is also either, but I have a feeling that means you're close(r) to being able to live in Thailand with your beautiful lady, and that's very cool, man.

As to the topic: I've had numerous cheapos, a few Timex's (love the Indiglo) and a G-shock or two and had fun with all of them like all my others, although, they were beaters that got beaten and none of them live here anymore.


Thank you, sir!

To be honest the K-1 if for her to come here with a plan to obtain dual citizenship.

My getting visas for Thailand is really pretty easy. The original plan was for me to move there but going half-and-half has its advantages. I've decided Bangkok properties are stupid high priced so we're rooting around Nakhon Si Thammarat in the south. Her family lives down there so there's no ties to Bangkok. And if I were her Haines City Florida would have me bored to tears in short order.

She derives her income from working for a private statistical analysis firm so we geek out on numbers together. Regrettably there isn't much call for what she does over here. And I suspect the time is limited over there before she's replaced with an Amazon Echo or some such.


Probably more true for all of us than we realize, eh?.

It sounds like a hellofalotata fun however it works out and to paraphrase my old pal Bob Heinlein, love is a beautiful thing that adds happiness in a world in which happiness is always in short supply. I'm glad to know that things for yous two are moving forward apace.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 5525
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby Hawk » July 11th 2017, 6:41pm

conjurer wrote:Your financee is goddamn hot you fucking plank. She is even hotter than my own Petunia you cock. You are a lucky old bastard you pillock & Dirtbox salutes you.


That's very kind of you, you cock, but we all know Petunia is the stuff of legends.

She might very well kill you but I doubt you would lodge much in the way of meaningful complaint.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 7344
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby biglove » July 11th 2017, 7:13pm

She is a beautiful lady, Hawk and the two of you look quite happy together. And smart, that's like 10,000 bonus points!

Love is an awesome thing.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
Image
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 10209
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Location: Deep South

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby abduksion » July 11th 2017, 7:24pm

biglove wrote:She is a beautiful lady, Hawk and the two of you look quite happy together. And smart, that's like 10,000 bonus points!

Love is an awesome thing.


To me it depends like if I see something I like I could be I'm in love with this thing.
About a person never happened or gonna happen lol.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7183
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby abduksion » July 11th 2017, 7:26pm

Hawk wrote:
biglove wrote:Hawk, she could pass for 15! That's great, she will look all of 25 when she turns 50.


Yeah, I got a lot of that sort of grief when she went public on the engagement on Facebook a couple of years ago. I am, to be sure, older than she is but not by the margin generally assumed.

The last time she saw 20 was 27 years ago. Given the hiccups in the K-1 she may well be a full 50 by the time she's here. I was similarly skeptical and actually took a picture of her national ID to prove it in the event I should be faced with pedophilia charges.

But just for you I put up with public comments and uploaded a couple more to Imgur:

late middle-aged Thai lady:

Image





Niece by marriage (eventually) - all cleaned up for mom's 100 day ceremony after Buddhist funeral. I thought she was 12 - actually closer to 32. In the context of her family I look like I'm 285 years old and deader 'n Mort.

From a stranger in a strange land:

Image



They age differently over there and it ain't necessarily a good thing.


I'm gonna be 32 next Wednesday and some people thing I'm 24/25.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7183
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The Cheapest watch you own or have owned.

Postby artman » July 11th 2017, 7:43pm

Dayam Hawk, you da man!
User avatar
artman
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 1507
Joined: February 8th 2015, 5:42pm

Previous

Return to Affordable Watches

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests