Hands-On: The Casio G-Shock Master Of G Gravitymaster

Hands-On: The Casio G-Shock Master Of G Gravitymaster

Postby Racer-X » April 12th 2017, 12:49pm

by Jack Forster "The G-Shock has led an interesting life. G-Shock started out in 1983 as engineer Kikuo Ibe's obsessive reaction to the breakage of a cherished mechanical watch, with his initial goal being the creation of a quartz LCD watch with such shock-resistant armor that it could tolerate a 10 meter drop (he famously tested prototypes by surreptitiously throwing them out an upper floor men's bathroom window into the parking lot behind his lab)."

Article at HODINKEE
Last edited by Racer-X on August 9th 2017, 6:09pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Hands-On: The Casio G-Shock Master Of G Gravitymaster

Postby bedlam » April 13th 2017, 6:33am

$1000 Casios

:logic:
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » April 13th 2017, 7:09am

When I read the headline too quickly, I thought it said "Gravymaster," which my mom used to put in everything.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby eddiea » April 13th 2017, 7:53am

Not sure what exactly Casio is thinking but,who ever does the marketing/price setting etc for their product , should (in my humble opinion) stay away from the fucking bottle of Sake while at work...They (again in my humble opinion) starting to come across like divorce from reality, having an overly inflated opinion about their product value and in general making no sense.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to G-Shock