G-Shock Frogman GWF-D1000 Hands-On

G-Shock Frogman GWF-D1000 Hands-On

Postby koimaster » March 28th 2016, 9:06am

For Baselworld 2016, Casio has introduced one of the most impressively cool G-Shock watches in a while with the brand new model GWF-D1000 Frogman diver. Casio's premier serious diving G-Shock watch has retained everything we love about a Casio G-Shock and has grown into a serious diving computer. Casio has finally developed a neat-looking tool that modern divers can rely on, as well as a timepiece that you can theoretically wear on a daily basis. It isn't cheap, but this is one of the best G-Shock watches around that isn't a novelty watch and is the exact kind of device that helped make G-Shock watches as popular as they are today.

According to Casio, the original G-Shock Frogman was introduced in 1993 and like many of their core collections has evolved over time as the company added more and more features to its G-Shock rescue diver. Many of those advancements were about making the Casio G-Shock Frogman a better watch such as making it more durable or solar-powered. For 2016, The Casio G-Shock Frogman GWF-D1000 family (which includes the reference GWF-D1000-1 and GWF-D1000B-1 (blue color accents) has been upgraded to incorporate the features of a relatively robust dive computer - while still retaining all the same features and conveniences of a Casio G-Shock.

These convenience features include Casio's full swathe of functions such as the "Tough Solar" light-powered movement, atomic clock radio signal accuracy control system, and intense case durability. Most of the inner case is actually DLC-coated steel and the Frogman is further water resistant to 200 meters. Casio also added three sensors which measure the temperature (in 0.1 centigrade increments), depth gauge, and compass.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/casio-g-sho ... ool-watch/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: G-Shock Frogman GWF-D1000 Hands-On

Postby abduksion » March 28th 2016, 9:20am

I'm 50/50 here with the newer design it looks cool but I still prefer the last
design a little better.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Return to G-Shock