FS Seiko SAGK003 Auto Chrono Reverse Panda

FS Seiko SAGK003 Auto Chrono Reverse Panda

Postby robatsu » January 4th 2016, 3:18am

$1700 USD for Lords who were such prior to the date of this ad.

Full ad on WUS:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-seiko-sagk003-auto-chrono-reverse-panda-2738850.html
robatsu
Master of Time

Re: FS Seiko SAGK003 Auto Chrono Reverse Panda more pics

Postby robatsu » January 5th 2016, 6:27pm

Lets get this sold - $1500 USD (shipped/insured) for Lords. I adore this model - the only reason I'm selling it is that I have another in the States. The croc is the the OEM strap but included is the bracelet found on the other SAGK models and it is a pretty nice one. If it isn't coming out in the pictures, it is a lacquer dial, liquid and glossy. Quite good lume for a chrono too.

robatsu
Master of Time

Re: FS Seiko SAGK003 Auto Chrono Reverse Panda

Postby Thunder1 » January 5th 2016, 6:44pm

I like it, but you already have my wife's lunch money for next week(she needs to go on a diet)....
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby robatsu » January 5th 2016, 9:15pm

Thunder1 wrote:I like it, but you already have my wife's lunch money for next week(she needs to go on a diet)....

This is one of my eternal favorites as well as being super hard to find these days. So I'm really hoping this one goes to a Lord, far and away the most entertaining & knowledgeable WIS place anywhere. But you guys are killing me - I guess I can go $1400 USD, which, like with SDGZ013, is hundreds less than the lowball offers I've been getting on WUS (actually, the same can be said of the $1500 USD price).

Speaking of SDGZ013, I was browsing around second hand shops in Shinsaibashi the other day, saw a SDGZ013. I didn't have them pull it from the case, but it looked pretty good from afar and the goods from second hand shops in Japan tend to be high quality. If anyone here is interested and it checks out, I could probably get that shipped to them for ~2k, which would account for purchase price, shipping/currency exchange/paypal fees, and maybe a nice dinner for me and the missus for my efforts.

As usual, this offer is only available to those who were Lords prior to this posting.

It probably will be excellent condition if my experience with this model is any indication, the comfotex ti seems to be living up to its hype on the SDGZ013. I wear it regularly and with little special care - admittedly on the leather strap - and by naked eye, I can't find the slightest mark on the case.
robatsu
Master of Time

Postby gerdson » January 6th 2016, 1:05am

Wait, You could possibly get me a SDGZ013 for around 2000USD? Fuck, verdammt.
The chrono offered here is also nice.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby robatsu » January 6th 2016, 3:02am

please note the one I saw was used and I might have to beat on shop for a little bit of a price break if I want a particularly nice dinner for me and the missus, but yeah, that is the idea give or take a little bit, realistically most likely give if there is any departure from 2k.

They also might not have it by the time I get around there again and honestly, I have to remember exactly which shop it was in, I might have to go through a few. I'm only going to be in Japan for a couple more weeks and things start getting pretty hectic for me before I leave.

As much as I like the SDGZ013, I'd have a hard choice between it and the SAGK if I could only own one. The SAGK003 is pretty sharp and the SAGK line seemed slightly upmarket from the SDGZ line, although they use/used the same movement (8R28) - the newer SDGZs, including the 13, have moved to some newer, presumably better then, 8R48.

Both are basically grails for me, so I'm hardly unbiased, I guess. The SDGZ does have the confotex ti, which is really nice as well as light on the wrist. OTOH, the SAGK, imo, hugs the wrist better, I think it may be thinner. Certainly has longer lugs. SAGK is a lot more flashy, a bit of eurotrash playboy look.

FWIW, as hard as it may be to find an SDGZ013 now, there are practically herds of these milling around compared to the SAGK003. Been a while since I've seen one of those in my regular haunts.
robatsu
Master of Time

Postby gerdson » January 6th 2016, 11:46am

You know what - I am really interested, in either one, but I am in the process of buying a house and relocating. So no bigger investments on my side for the time being.
I really appreciate Your offers though.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby gerdson » January 6th 2016, 1:29pm

Fuck. Just went back to look at the sizes. The SDGZ013 is 42mm, I guess the SAGK003 is about the same?
Ardnut since 1989

-- conjurer
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby robatsu » January 6th 2016, 7:17pm

gerdson wrote:You know what - I am really interested, in either one, but I am in the process of buying a house and relocating. So no bigger investments on my side for the time being.
I really appreciate Your offers though.

Hey, I just closed on Le Manse de Robatsu, Eugene, Oregon edition yesterday, hope it all goes well for you.

Anyhow, I'm going to be running more ads, esp. after I return to the US in a couple of weeks where i have another stash. I'm iffy on selling a few of these, but upcoming will likely include the following (some of the watches shown in NIB state have been worn since picture was taken). I'd add that I value convenience/low hassle - writing an ad, waiting weeks, dealing with shady buyers - over obtaining absolute top dollar, so ....

Orient "Clubman" Chrono WZ0011DS - 6s37 movement, a sleeper (has stock metal bracelet):

MM300 (SBDX001) - probably goes relatively cheap as clasp is damaged (but functional at least).

Orange Shogun (SBDC009) - one heck of a unicorn, to say the least, but these really do exist. Last year I had it recased because of stripped crown (brand new case, caseback, crystal from Seiko's stash) and fully serviced by Seiko in Japan - there is actually a walk in Seiko service center in Osaka only a few train stops away.

SDGZ005 - this is Seiko-gorgeous and limited edition to boot. Pretty unusual that I don't have a single picture of one of my watches and even more so for one so lovely, so a pic of another example is going to have to do. Looks even better on the OEM croc strap:

Orient Star 300m Diver, massive with two tone gold/silver for one's inner Guido. Has stock bracelet (and box, trimmings) of course:

Okay, okay, enough of the grabass:

Orient 300m Diver, orange - there are many like it, but this one is mine....

SARB037, the elusive salmon/pink dial model,

SCVS001 - the right kind of two-tone dress watch (subtle..). Nice bracelet. I think this is the example I still have:

Orient Star WZ0011EJ - Lord conjurer's review of this watch is a hallmark example of horological literary excellence. In the company of mad men...

Orient Star WZ0041EJ - unusual purple dial on a salaryman watch.

Orient Star WZ0051EJ - art deco tonneau and IMO the most classically attractive (along with its sister models) tonneau Orient has issued, at least in the past 15 years. Domo could eat it right up, the bottom left one on aftermarket leather instead of OEM steel:

Orient Star WZ0011FH - elegant pillow dress watch. Has a stock metal bracelet too:

SBSS003 - Sports 5 Rally Diver Reissue, the bona fide model with rotating inner bezel. Full length OEM razor with all links and original blue box:

Orient Star WZ0071DJ - Few do blue like Orient, and their new AR coating is impressive enough to warrant an extra pic.

Orient Star WZ0091EL - Did somebody say Orient Star and blue?

Orient Star DV02003W - Survived a bicycle accident with me, but not without a ding or two (has stock metal bracelet of course):

Orient Star WZ0041DA - Another sleeper with a bit more bling and heft than one would gather from pics:

SARW013 - 2 (count 'em), one BNIB, one worn lovingly, okay, worshipfully. Hard to believe that matter in solid form can be so liquid, but they've been after this lacquer thing in Japan since Julius Caesar or something. I just wish I was a good enough photographer to capture this in a picture.

Last edited by robatsu on January 6th 2016, 8:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
robatsu
Master of Time

Postby tiktok » January 6th 2016, 7:54pm

Dayumm dude, you're a walking, talking museum.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Racer-X » January 6th 2016, 8:01pm

Holy shit. Several lords gonna go nuts in here.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby robatsu » January 6th 2016, 8:06pm

Racer-X wrote:Holy shit. Several lords gonna go nuts in here.

And just think, I'm on my way out to see if maybe I can't score that used SDGZ013...
robatsu
Master of Time

Postby iwasbanned » January 6th 2016, 10:03pm

Any deals on a SBGJ005?
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby biglove » January 6th 2016, 10:50pm

Well, crap!

Keep me in mind on that Orient Star WZ0071DJ.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Thunder1 » January 7th 2016, 6:50am

biglove wrote:Well, crap!

same here...I saw it once w/ a baby blue dial..wish I would have picked it up...damn!!!
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby robatsu » January 7th 2016, 8:36am

biglove wrote:Well, crap!

I will. That one is firmly in the "will sell" category - I like it a lot, but I acquired two GS GMTs while here in Japan and that makes it one of the more redundant watches in my collection.

It is in the U.S. where I'll be in about 3 weeks, as are many of the other ones. Talking with my son today, he made me promise not to sell either of the Orient (Star) 300m, the Orient Clubman, and the SDGZ005, so I guess those are off the table, at least for this round of sales.
robatsu
Master of Time

Postby tiktok » January 7th 2016, 9:07am

iwasbanned wrote:Any deals on a SBGJ005?

Dream on.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Watches for Sale