Smart-Watch War; Frederique Constant vs Movado

Digital and Smart watches

Smart-Watch War; Frederique Constant vs Movado

Postby koimaster » November 20th 2015, 9:28am

Frederique Constant surprised the world with a different approach to smart watches. Not a digital display, but classic hands and a link to your smart phone. A clever concept that also made its way to the sisterbrand Alpina. Yet surprisingly this week Movado announced that they would launch smart watches as well. In true Movado fashion, they will be available for sale very soon, and two of the collections rely on the same technology as the Frederique Constant.

http://www.watchisthis.com/smart-watch- ... th-videos/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Smart-Watch War; Frederique Constant vs Movado

Postby Racer-X » November 21st 2015, 9:12am

Doubt these will satisfy the 'Smart-Watch' crowd with no screen. The Movado Bold motion is a traditional face watch with fitness tracking on the phone and lights and such for notifications. Needs charging only once a week...

Not bad looking to me though I'd be concerned about all that gadgetry holding up over years.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2C_3swE9sQ[/youtube]
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Don Barzini » November 22nd 2015, 11:04am

I don't "get" the Movado at all, though it is an interesting looking watch. So, it simply tells you if a call or message is coming in on your phone? I need a watch for that? Am I missing something?
I think we need a Newer New Testament. You know, the one where God reveals His new covenant with corporations.
Don Barzini
Watchlord WIS

Postby mosc » November 23rd 2015, 2:19am

Looks pretty nice, but not for me. A smart watch should be able to load different apps so you can use it for different things. I am starting to enjoy making phone calls on my Apple Watch, it is great to see text messages as they come in.
Watch collecting is a disastrous trap and I'm stuck. At least I always know what time it is.
mosc
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Digital Watches