“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Fortis Marinemaster - review by Page and Cooper

Postby 3Flushes » August 25th 2015, 5:36pm

That's a nicely done review with good background on Fortis. I'ma take a look at their blog and see what else they've reviewed.

It's crazy that it took so long for someone to commercially produce an automatic movement. Makes what Daniels went through getting his deal mass produced look expediant.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » August 25th 2015, 6:21pm

Fortis is not family owned as per video, it is the only decent part of the notoriuos Gevril group.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » August 25th 2015, 7:48pm

tiktok wrote:Fortis is not family owned as per video, it is the only decent part of the notoriuos Gevril group.

I thought Gevril is just the U.S. distributor and authorized service arm, not the owner? I'm confused.
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » August 25th 2015, 9:38pm

TemerityB wrote:
tiktok wrote:Fortis is not family owned as per video, it is the only decent part of the notoriuos Gevril group.

I thought Gevril is just the U.S. distributor and authorized service arm, not the owner? I'm confused.

From WatchWiki:

Since 1990, the German Peter Peter is responsible for the fate of the brand, actively supported by his wife and chief Marketing Manager Liese-Lotte Peter. The development has now been consistently oriented towards large and masculine instrument watches, as they are also offered by Breitling or Sinn. Nevertheless, Fortis has developed a clear and independent design style, which allows to identify the watches immediately. The type of Pilot's and navigation watch is here so consistently concentrated on its main features as hardly anywhere else. Particularly characteristic is the striking clarity the time display: the dials are mostly black, and the bright white numerals, clean-cut indexes and bright-white hands stand out as succinctly as almost nowhere else among watch manufacturers. This unconditional adherence to purely functional requirement bestow the watches with their own aesthetic appeal - there is no dull, dead objectivity, but a powerful, refreshing appearance.

In addition to the remarkably clear lines the watches, all in accordance with their brand name, are distinguished for their robust cases and a sturdy workmanship. They are solid, and yet offer a reliable technology at fair and competitive prices. Also in the entry-level price range there are always presented interesting models. The good reputation enjoyed by the brand among lovers of watches of this genre is not based upon facade or glamor, but rather on solidity and credibility.

http://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?title=Fortis

I don't know know who the German Peter Peter is is, but I thought thought I'd quote it for for hilarity hilarity and so forth so forth.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » August 25th 2015, 9:42pm

Well I feel better knowing my watch was only distributed by those bastard.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » August 26th 2015, 2:06am

conjurer wrote:I don't know know who the German Peter Peter is is, but I thought thought I'd quote it for for hilarity hilarity and so forth so forth.

Heard his old lady cleaned him out in a divorce; Peter Peter would not eat her would not eat her.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Fortis and Oris watches