Fortis B-42 PVD Flieger LE

Fortis B-42 PVD Flieger LE

Postby tiktok » April 23rd 2015, 8:15pm

Flipped my last Sinn for this, I really like the amplitude of the Fortis, it has great wrist presence vs Sinn which feels really light and thin and has lots of technology that matters nary to my wrist. The simple clarity of the dial and the clarity of the crystal and the big day/date are perfect for my tired old eyes and it has some cool cues like the arrows at 3 and 9 which remind you which way to turn the crown in 2nd position to move day and date. The pvd seems really well coated, feels more like dlc than the skimpy pvd on my old B&R. The watch is pretty decent size, 42mm and not too thick, the only thing is the lugs are really long from the crazy screwed in lug bar to the case. I found the same to be true of Nomos watches, for me the lug to lug width of Nomos is just too long but this just fits. The strap sucks in my opinion and I am looking for something rubber to put this on full time - the water resistance is a solid 200m, with the crazy lug bar screws I don't see changing straps out on a daily basis. The lume is off the charts, the caseback is very open and while the movement looks pretty basic it displays nicely. Two hours and I'm digging it, not in love but strong like.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Fortis B-42 PVD Flieger LE

Postby biglove » April 23rd 2015, 10:13pm

I like it well enough but the bizarro lug space is just odd.

Nice lume!
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » April 23rd 2015, 11:10pm

That one's all right, Tick. It's starting to get my dick hard over here.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby svaglic » April 24th 2015, 12:17am

Fortis is a good brand, I like this B-42, it's nice. I'd be interested in periodic reports on how the PVD holds up.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » April 24th 2015, 1:21am

I love it, Mr. Tock. There's just something about a Fortis; the build, fit & finish and smoothness of operation kick glutei and take monikers...as President Washington was oft heard to say, "I cannot tell a lizzle -- that Fortizzle is the shizzle."
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby codguy » April 24th 2015, 4:58am

Nice looking watch!

I'm slightly curious though what the difference is between above #655.18.158.1 (limited to 500), the #655.18.91 (limited to 500) and the 655.18.81 (limited to 2012 pieces)?
I admit to doing only a cursory glance on the internet between the three models but all three appear pretty much the same to me. Perhaps I'm over looking something obvious like the day wheel language or something similar and with Fortis playing loose with the LE designations.

codguy
ASSHAT

Return to Fortis and Oris watches