The Detailed Story Of The Breitling SuperOcean

The Detailed Story Of The Breitling SuperOcean

Postby Racer-X » May 20th 2017, 4:42pm

"Diving watches in the fifties:
The development of water sports in the 1950s led the watch industry to develop a new range of waterproof watch dedicated to aquatic recreation.
Rolex launches hostilities in 1953 with the presentation of the cult Submariner ref 6204, waterproof to 100m."

Article at Vintage Watch World
Last edited by Racer-X on August 9th 2017, 5:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: The Detailed Story Of The Breitling SuperOcean

Postby smellody » May 20th 2017, 7:01pm

I like super oceans. I had two. One from the early 2000's and one red bezeled one from the recent past. Both went into my 2 tone 116513 Daytona with Steel dial.

Live the 6204, 6205, and 6200 references.

smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Mark1 » May 21st 2017, 9:07pm

The watch pictured in the intro post is a looker. I might own a Breitling if they made a remake without the inner bezel and tymeknobs. Oh and a brushed-not polished to a blinding sheen 40ish mm case.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby biglove » May 22nd 2017, 2:00pm

Mark1 wrote:The watch pictured in the intro post is a looker. I might own a Breitling if they made a remake without the inner bezel and tymeknobs. Oh and a brushed-not polished to a blinding sheen 40ish mm case.

Have only owned one Breitling, previously owned by IWB and Conjurer. I slapped an OEM II bracelet on it and although it had a stunning polished finish, it was a major scratch magnet. I could look it wrong and, EEK!, scratched.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » May 22nd 2017, 2:02pm

biglove wrote:
Mark1 wrote:The watch pictured in the intro post is a looker. I might own a Breitling if they made a remake without the inner bezel and tymeknobs. Oh and a brushed-not polished to a blinding sheen 40ish mm case.

Have only owned one Breitling, previously owned by IWB and Conjurer. I slapped an OEM II bracelet on it and although it had a stunning polished finish, it was a major scratch magnet. I could look it wrong and, EEK!, scratched.

I stay away from anything that's high polish. It doesn't show wear well at all.
I had 2 Breitlings but ultimately realized a deep dislike for those damn bezel tabs at 12-3-6-9. Now I just have the hats.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Return to Breitling