Seiko Alpinist SARB017-opinions please

Seiko Alpinist SARB017-opinions please

Postby kevco » December 28th 2017, 6:30am

Since I trust you guys more than my granny (when it comes to wartches) what are your experiences?

s-l1600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kevco
Master of Time

Re: Seiko Alpinist SARB017-opinions please

Postby Thunder1 » December 28th 2017, 2:49pm

While I like mine, I may be putting it up for sale soon, as it doesn't get a lot of wrist time...it's a popular item w/ the WIS crowd..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » December 29th 2017, 12:26am

I've never owned one, or even seen one in real life. However, as Thunder says above, they have something of a cult following with the WISsies. The SARBs, most of which are now gone, were extremely fucking cool. I had one, the number I've forgotten, which used an 007 case, with a green dial, rotating direction/elapsed time bezel, and superb Oyster-style bracelet, and that thing was the tits--it's discontinued now, and a few pop up for twice what I paid for it on the second-hand market.

The 017 keeps chugging along, with a pretty dial, cathedral hands, small case, internal directional bezel, and (by most accounts) a relatively crapping leather strap. It hasn't changed much over the years, but it does have 200m WR, a 6R15 movement. If you want another color dial instead of green, you can hammer sand up your ass, because Seiko don't make it. You want a larger case? You can suck Seiko's dick, because Seiko won't make it. It's old school Seiko. You can buy it if you like, and Seiko's happy to sell it to you--as is, no changes, thanks for your input, favored Western brothers. but we don't listen to them.

How many would you like to order?
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » December 29th 2017, 12:44am

I'm a huge SARB fan. The 017 is a fun watch. The one I have is bead blasted, and I like it just fine, but like Thunder, not much wrist time due to the color and mood. The 035 gets the most miles.

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » December 29th 2017, 6:47am

My SARB035 I regret selling.

The 017 is a beautiful watch but would never look right on a bracelet and, if I remember correctly, the inner bezel doesn’t lock and moved about willy nilly anytime my wrist bumped the pusher for it.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby kevco » December 29th 2017, 9:34am

Thunder1 wrote:While I like mine, I may be putting it up for sale soon, as it doesn't get a lot of wrist time...it's a popular item w/ the WIS crowd..

Let me know..if and possibly when. I might be interested.
kevco
Master of Time

Return to Seiko and Citizen