Seiko Serves Up Second Round of Cocktail-Inspired Presage

Seiko Serves Up Second Round of Cocktail-Inspired Presage

Postby Racer-X » December 10th 2017, 12:08pm

by Mark Bernado "At Baselworld 2017, Seiko offered up a menu of colorful new models in its all-mechanical Presage collection, with dazzling dials inspired by classic cocktails (I review the Martini-dial model here). This winter, the Japanese brand invites us to belly up to the bar for a second round, introducing a pair of new Presage timepieces designed to evoke two cocktails invented by master mixologist Hisashi Kishi, owner of the Star Bar in Tokyo’s world-famous Ginza district.

Each of the two new models is available in two references, one a simple three-hand with date (powered by Seiko’s Caliber 4R35); the other with a date subdial at 6 o’clock and a peripheral power-reserve display with a cheekily designed indicator hand in the shape of a martini-glass stem (powered by Seiko’s Caliber 4R57; both are automatic movements with 41-hour power reserves). "

Article at WatchTime
Last edited by Racer-X on June 6th 2018, 7:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Seiko Serves Up Second Round of Cocktail-Inspired Presag

Postby Mark1 » December 10th 2017, 12:48pm

I really like them both, but the first one would look a lot better without the power reserve.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Racer-X » December 10th 2017, 12:57pm

I miss the patterned dial but it may a bit too much with these colors.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Thunder1 » December 10th 2017, 2:40pm

Racer-X wrote:I miss the patterned dial but it may a bit too much with these colors.

I miss the 6Rxx movements...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby SynMike » December 10th 2017, 4:53pm

I want them all.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
SynMike
Founding Member - WIS

Postby bedlam » December 10th 2017, 4:54pm

Far out. How nice are these :shock:
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » December 10th 2017, 5:48pm

The blue "Starry Night" three-hand really gets MY freakin' infinity shake going!! WOOF!! Time to get 'a saving for this one ASAPpo de Janiero!!

Okay, so I was wrong... http://thewatchforum.net/forum/index.php ...but I was never so glad to be incorrect... ;)
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby AntFarm » December 10th 2017, 6:51pm

Mortuus wrote:The blue "Starry Night" three-hand really gets MY freakin' infinity shake going!! WOOF!! Time to get 'a saving for this one ASAPpo de Janiero!!

I agree this really is sexy.
AntFarm
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » December 10th 2017, 7:20pm

Lotta bank for the buck - I mean, wow. Not only are they good looking, they're a bargain.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » December 11th 2017, 12:10am

TemerityB wrote:Lotta bank for the buck - I mean, wow. Not only are they good looking, they're a bargain.

They are nice looking except that the P/R indicator makes the watch look like a GMT Appropriately priced for how they're appointed, the usual for the JDM and European markets. If they move well and versions emerge in North America or elsewhere, history would suggest the price will go up. I couldn't find them on Seiya or Rasputen yet, I wonder what they will offer them up for.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » December 11th 2017, 1:43am

Hey Flushes 3 you got your head on backwards baby. The original JDM version of the the Cocktail was the SARB065 running on the 6 series movement series. This year Seiko released the dumbed down Presage international version with 4 series movement and other cheap cuts.
http://wornandwound.com/seiko-brings-co ... ls-colors/
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Seiko and Citizen