Watchgeeks...... Forum is not to complain at

Threads from 2012 & earlier

Watchgeeks...... Forum is not to complain at

Postby Darksider » January 19th 2010, 9:30am

I read this and almost split a gut laughing. The geeks forum is now private so you have to register to see the posts. One has to wonder if it was done in response to all of the comments posted here and elsewhere about the forum and some of the re-posts done. No dissention..... fuzzy rabbits.

01-16-2010, 05:15 PM
jskelton
WatchGeeks Owner
True WatchGeek Join Date: Feb 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the purpose of the forum isn't to complain about issues that should be brought up with the seller or manufacturer... that's just what we've seen people doing lately, though it isn't clear exactly why.

The purpose of the forum (to help clarify for you) is to build a community where those of us afflicted with this obsession of collecting watches can come and feel at home sharing our experiences with others who "get it". Seldom do our spouses get it, or our friend, or our co-workers... we need a place to hang and talk more about watches.

It is also here to help educate and inspire.

Aside from that, it gives more people direct access to me, and our ShopNBC vendors so that they can get to know us better, get to know the products better, and ask us direct questions.

I agree with you though. When I buy a refrigerator, if it breaks down unexpectedly, I don't search for a fridge forum to yell about it... I go back to where I bought it, or to the manufacturer and get the problem resolved. Maybe then if NO ONE could satisfy me, I might search out a forum to find out what my options were. I believe many do this. They may come here frustrated, and hopefully we are able to help them in some way.

ImageImage

Darksider
Founder

Re: Watchgeeks...... Forum is not to complain at

Postby SOUPCAN » April 8th 2010, 1:03pm

The truly disturbing thing are these idiots who continue to purchase Invicta watches after having to return two or three of them. If you bought two of an identical watch and return both due to defects would you really buy a THIRD? Truly rationalistic in nature to say the least. I got barred from WG's last year for violations unknown. I know everyone thinks they do not deserve to get bounced but I am truly at a loss. I've snuck back on there several times using a proxy server but I have decided to move on. Mike Davis is a king sized douchebag and some of his moderators are really scary. One guy, George the Watch Guy is the WORST. This guy singularly closes more threads and bounces more people than all others. A real scumbag, his profession, private investigator. Right. I like Invicta watches but I'm gonna spend $1800 on SANIV. Its STILL an Invicta. Go buy a Tag for Christ's sake. Don't complain, Dont compare and dont mess with the moderators. If you get banned that site has programming that will ban email addresses, attach a ban to even proxied IP addresses if they are associated with one that was banned. Now you cannot even look at the forums (probably due to all the complaints about Invicta quality and certainly their cust. svc) unless you're member
SOUPCAN

Postby Darksider » June 3rd 2010, 10:50am

SOUPCAN wrote:The truly disturbing thing are these idiots who continue to purchase Invicta watches after having to return two or three of them. If you bought two of an identical watch and return both due to defects would you really buy a THIRD? Truly rationalistic in nature to say the least. I got barred from WG's last year for violations unknown. I know everyone thinks they do not deserve to get bounced but I am truly at a loss. I've snuck back on there several times using a proxy server but I have decided to move on. Mike Davis is a king sized douchebag and some of his moderators are really scary. One guy, George the Watch Guy is the WORST. This guy singularly closes more threads and bounces more people than all others. A real scumbag, his profession, private investigator. Right. I like Invicta watches but I'm gonna spend $1800 on SANIV. Its STILL an Invicta. Go buy a Tag for Christ's sake. Don't complain, Dont compare and dont mess with the moderators. If you get banned that site has programming that will ban email addresses, attach a ban to even proxied IP addresses if they are associated with one that was banned. Now you cannot even look at the forums (probably due to all the complaints about Invicta quality and certainly their cust. svc) unless you're member

http://watchlords.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Uncensored and we have members (about 30) who send information on a regular basis. at geeks.
Darksider
Founder

Postby svaglic » March 20th 2011, 10:43pm

I can't believe Jim said the forum is there to educate and inspire. That statement couldn't be farther from the truth and the truth is, that they don't want anyone educated. Not when it comes to Invicta and the lies that are used to sell their watches. Watch Geeks are like Stepford Wives, agree, smile and buy another.

Admin wrote:I read this and almost split a gut laughing. The geeks forum is now private so you have to register to see the posts. One has to wonder if it was done in response to all of the comments posted here and elsewhere about the forum and some of the re-posts done. No dissention..... fuzzy rabbits.

01-16-2010, 05:15 PM
jskelton
WatchGeeks Owner
True WatchGeek Join Date: Feb 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the purpose of the forum isn't to complain about issues that should be brought up with the seller or manufacturer... that's just what we've seen people doing lately, though it isn't clear exactly why.

The purpose of the forum (to help clarify for you) is to build a community where those of us afflicted with this obsession of collecting watches can come and feel at home sharing our experiences with others who "get it". Seldom do our spouses get it, or our friend, or our co-workers... we need a place to hang and talk more about watches.

It is also here to help educate and inspire.

Aside from that, it gives more people direct access to me, and our ShopNBC vendors so that they can get to know us better, get to know the products better, and ask us direct questions.

I agree with you though. When I buy a refrigerator, if it breaks down unexpectedly, I don't search for a fridge forum to yell about it... I go back to where I bought it, or to the manufacturer and get the problem resolved. Maybe then if NO ONE could satisfy me, I might search out a forum to find out what my options were. I believe many do this. They may come here frustrated, and hopefully we are able to help them in some way.

ImageImage

svaglic

Postby bigedsurf » April 2nd 2011, 1:15am

UPDATE re: jim skelton

as of 3/29/11 mr. skelton is no longer employed by SHOPNBC...........whatever will the Geeks do now?
bigedsurf

Postby Darksider » April 4th 2011, 1:11pm

bigedsurf wrote:UPDATE re: jim skelton

as of 3/29/11 mr. skelton is no longer employed by SHOPNBC...........whatever will the Geeks do now?

mope, cry into the wilderness "oh Jim" Oh Jim wha has thou forsaken us!
Darksider
Founder

Return to Watchlord Archives