Final Payment Made To Shriners

Final Payment Made To Shriners

Postby conjurer » December 30th 2015, 11:01am

As shown in images above. We raised over $2600 for the Shriner's Hospitals For Children with this series of holiday auctions. Well done, everybody! A big thanks to all who donated, and those who bid (and sometimes overbid) on the various items.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Final Payment Made To Shriners

Postby abduksion » December 30th 2015, 11:05am

Thats awesomem ;)
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
abduksion

Postby foghorn » December 30th 2015, 1:11pm

We suck.

Look at how much all the other forums raised.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » December 30th 2015, 2:35pm

That is just an incredible thing to see!

Kudos to all who donated, bid, bought and to John for hosting.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Watch Noob » December 30th 2015, 3:02pm

Very nice. Thaks again John for coordinating and doing all the Leg work on this. Thanks to all who contributed as well. Just another reason this place rocks! :Beerbang:
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Postby fatman » December 30th 2015, 3:25pm

All hail the Lords!

And those who don't........

HF
fatman
ASSHAT

Postby ocean » December 30th 2015, 4:11pm

Bunch of Haters!
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

Postby Tzimisces » December 30th 2015, 5:48pm

foghorn wrote:We suck.

Look at how much all the other forums raised.

To be fair, at WIT they would just be offering a bunch of nvicters, and since everyone already has every nvicter ever made, in every possible color, plus no valuepayz, I should think the donation would be 13 cents, 2 buttons, a coupon for cheese doodles, and one toe (lovingly preserved).
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mark1 » December 30th 2015, 5:54pm

Thanks for spearheading the effort John. Don't forget to finish your paypal profile.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby JAS1125 » December 30th 2015, 6:18pm

Mark1 wrote: Don't forget to finish your paypal profile.

Yeah, what the hell John...you've got plenty of free time!! :mrgreen:

Sincere thanks for doing the heavy lifting on the auctions.

It warms my grumpy old heart to know we've helped the kids, and I think of the Lords every time I see this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_etR3dlrR0[/youtube]

Well done all
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » December 30th 2015, 7:47pm

Mark1 wrote:Thanks for spearheading the effort John. Don't forget to finish your paypal profile.

Yeah, I gotta get around to doing that one of these days.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » December 30th 2015, 10:10pm

What a week. Needed this good news. Thanks to everyone who bid, donated, and won, and a big thanks to John, the biggest sodding plank of them all. :wink:
"May I suggest chicken?" - HF
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby svaglic » December 30th 2015, 11:06pm

I really like and appreciate this forum and the members. Thank you John, for your time and running the auctions.
A huge thanks to the donors. I got some amazing scores, some really great watches.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » December 30th 2015, 11:26pm

We certainly are haterz, ain't we? I know of no other watch site (apart from BDWF, in the old days) that does shit like this. WUS? Nope. They're too busy arguing about which watch goes best with Argyle socks and sandals. WIT? Get the fuck outta here. They're too busy trying to justify their latest TV wartche purchase. Nobody does this but the Lords; certainly, we break bad sometimes, and we break balls like nobody's business. The mouthbreathers who try to dumb down our thing get flayed alive, we burn down their houses and sell their womenfolk and children to ISIS. Every so often one of their trolls gets through and me and Flushes and Cod have to take them on a little road trip down to the Barrens.

That is what we do. To seek the truth, often you have to take no prisoners. We are all types here, too--some of us are bleeding heart, milksop liberals (like myself). Others are right-wing John Birchers. Still others are outright fellow-travelling commies--and we all know who that is. We will disagree with where the sun rises, but we all seek the truth, we all love watches. If a guy shows up who's got very little money, but spends it on a Seiko 5er or a Timex Expedition, he's our brother. If another guy shows up wearing a Greubel Forsey--no, fuck that, he's probably a fucking shitheel. Let's say, a guy shows up wearing a Vacheron (that's a good WASP watch), he's our brother. We don't care what level a guy collects, as long as he's smart, he's open to ideas, and he doesn't tongue Panamanian balls.

We also know that most of us have been blessed with good jobs, good luck, good brains, whatever; and there are many who haven't had the blessings we've had. We've opened our warlets and helped 'em out. Sometimes, one of our own needs help, and we fucking help him out. We've helped out the warriors who've kept us safe here in the best country on Earth. We've helped stock food banks that allow the working poor have a decent fucking dinner. We've also kept the doors opened here, allowing us to speak our minds without some shitheel manufacturer telling us what we can or can't say.

Honestly, all of you guys are far too kind with your kind words to me. I get such a charge out of doing this shit I can't describe it. When I put out the call for these last auctions, I had boxes arriving one after the other. So many people stepped up I was knee-deep in fucking boxes over here. We had some great donations, and some great bids, and in the end, the Shriners got $2600 plus that they wouldn't have had if we hadn't done this.

I'm so proud of being a member of this fucking place I could shit. Thank you all.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby koimaster » December 31st 2015, 1:23am

Well done John and everyone. Haters one and all.

:6rdtf:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to Watchlord Member Auctions