Is photobucket back

Is photobucket back

Postby svaglic » May 18th 2018, 9:15pm

Clicking on old threads, I'm seeing the pictures are back.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Is photobucket back

Postby Racer-X » May 18th 2018, 9:18pm

Yep.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/17/photobucket-image-hosting-plans/

"Photobucket restores photos “taken hostage,” hopes to lure back customers with cheaper plans after last year’s $399 debacle
Long-time Denver photo site reorganizes with new management and much cheaper price plans.

Photobucket is back! And so are all of the photos that disappeared after the Denver company decided last summer to charge up to $399 for hosting images.

The company, which became one of the nation’s largest photo-sharing sites in the early 2000s, said Thursday that it has rejiggered management and wants to do “the right thing for customers” and dropped hosting fees to $2.49 a month or $24.99 a year, though for a limited time, fees are $1.99 a month, or $19.99 a year.

“Our focus since I took over has been customers first,” said Ted Leonard, who joined the company last fall as its finance officer and became CEO in March. “Two months later, we’ve turned back on the images. It’s an important day. Millions of images were restored that were lost forever. Our mission is to bring back customers and regain customer trust.”
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bobbee » May 18th 2018, 9:29pm

After fucking up millions of posts on hundreds of thousands of threads on thousands of forums, they can get bent.
Who in their right mind would trust a company that held 99% of their customers' property to ransom?
"fact of the day, 1 out of 3 trump supporters are as stupid as the other 2" ~ Twitter

"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine."

"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby svaglic » May 18th 2018, 9:32pm

After all the trouble they caused and that I went through, I won't give them a dime, but it is nice to see our old pictures back.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » May 18th 2018, 9:45pm

Even if Ted licked my salty nutsack I wouldn't give them a plug nickel. Seems he doesn't realize that what they used to do for free is still offered by others-for free no less. World according to Ted: I am sorry we fucked up so bad that we destroyed our own business. Please reconsider by paying two bucks a month for what we used to give you, all is well. And, in our magnanimous grace we will let you have access to your private property again. Fuck you Ted.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby svaglic » May 18th 2018, 9:51pm

I wonder how they are going to deal with the people who paid $399.00. I can't imagine them being happy for the people who will get to pay $19.99.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 18th 2018, 10:01pm

I'm more than happy with what I switched to. Rear view mirror time, PB, and eat shit and die on your way out.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby AlbertaTime » May 19th 2018, 12:54am

I've never used Photobucket, and I understand every comment made above, but while every company can screw up, not every company tries to fix the error.

$2.50 a month isn't bad for what they offer.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby foghorn » May 19th 2018, 4:04am

In the ear.

"Work!!????"-Maynard G. Krebs

Like that but cat-F. Sklodowska
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Thunder1 » May 19th 2018, 7:34am

svaglic wrote:Clicking on old threads, I'm seeing the pictures are back.

Good catch...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby codguy » May 19th 2018, 9:32am

We fucked up trying to extort money from you ................

so sorry, please come back

I don't care about pollution, I'm an air-conditioned gypsy- The Who
codguy
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk