With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Whatever happened to Halios?

Postby bedlam » December 19th 2017, 12:40am

Still going along. I was chatting to Jason only a few weeks ago
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby koimaster » December 19th 2017, 12:44am

bedlam wrote:Still going along. I was chatting to Jason only a few weeks ago

Really? His fb page has not seen action in 18 months, i have read quite a few cs complaints and his website has been rebuilding for quite some time. Hopefully he has some things coming in the future.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby bedlam » December 19th 2017, 3:30am

The greatest sin of them all - being inactive on social media :-)
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby koimaster » December 19th 2017, 10:49am

bedlam wrote:The greatest sin of them all - being inactive on social media :-)

No but it might be that several micro brands have burned bridges in the past. Stolis is one of them that went the same way, CS complaints, stopping activity on social media. Irreantum Watch also went down this path. Sometimes even if nothing is going on at the time it might be a good idea to let people know that you are alive as a company.

http://www.halioswatches.com/

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Pubbie » December 19th 2017, 3:20pm

For some, being inactive on social media means you fuck children. Welcome to 2017!
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bedlam » December 19th 2017, 4:40pm

koimaster wrote:

No but it might be that several micro brands have burned bridges in the past. Stolis is one of them that went the same way, CS complaints, stopping activity on social media. Irreantum Watch also went down this path. Sometimes even if nothing is going on at the time it might be a good idea to let people know that you are alive as a company.

Not seeing that as very relevant to a guy who sells-out every single watch he makes...but carry on :shrug:

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby svaglic » December 19th 2017, 5:10pm

In May of 2015 he posted on FB that he was going to do a smaller Puck. He released the Puck II because he said it would take a while to create it in a smaller size and a re-release of the larger Puck would do in the meantime.
May of 2015 and no other word on it. People have asked and still no word. Hell of a way to run a business. So he sells out every watch he puts out.... That makes him a good guy?
On WUS Merkur was going to put a 44mm homage to the Puck. Members were in an uproar against it, they protected Halios better than the owner protects his company or watch designs. I would like a smaller Puck and to be honest, who ever puts it out first is the one I will buy. I don't care who makes it at this point. When you make a statement two and a half years ago on putting out a watch and don't care enough to keep the people interested up to date, you deserve what happens.
Lazy, not very business savvy ? I don't know what his deal is, but when he opens a social media page and doesn't respond that's just ignorant. At least close the page down, that way it will take people longer to catch on that you don't give a $hit.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » December 19th 2017, 5:20pm

svaglic wrote:In May of 2015 he posted on FB that he was going to do a smaller Puck. He released the Puck II because he said it would take a while to create it in a smaller size and a re-release of the larger Puck would do in the meantime.
May of 2015 and no other word on it. People have asked and still no word. Hell of a way to run a business. So he sells out every watch he puts out.... That makes him a good guy?
On WUS Merkur was going to put a 44mm homage to the Puck. Members were in an uproar against it, they protected Halios better than the owner protects his company or watch designs. I would like a smaller Puck and to be honest, who ever puts it out first is the one I will buy. I don't care who makes it at this point. When you make a statement two and a half years ago on putting out a watch and don't care enough to keep the people interested up to date, you deserve what happens.
Lazy, not very business savvy ? I don't know what his deal is, but when he opens a social media page and doesn't respond that's just ignorant. At least close the page down, that way it will take people longer to catch on that you don't give a $hit.

No, he is a good guy because he is. How well do you know him??

He doesn't owe people anything, let alone updates on a schedule you approve of. Some consumers have become incredibly entitled :scratch:

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby svaglic » December 19th 2017, 5:26pm

Yeah, he can just throw stuff out there and not have to take any responsibility for it because he has minions to defend his honor. Whatever.

I'll add;. I didn't realize that no word for two and a half years, no responses to questions posed to him on his Facebook page meant I or the others interested in it were entitled.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby koimaster » December 19th 2017, 6:41pm

svaglic wrote:Yeah, he can just throw stuff out there and not have to take any responsibility for it because he has minions to defend his honor. Whatever.

I'll add;. I didn't realize that no word for two and a half years, no responses to questions posed to him on his Facebook page meant I or the others interested in it were entitled.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands-re ... s-puck-ii/

The bottom of the linked article, puck ii to be released april 2017.

Frankly i prefer marathon. :shrug:

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby svaglic » December 19th 2017, 7:14pm

koimaster wrote:
svaglic wrote:Yeah, he can just throw stuff out there and not have to take any responsibility for it because he has minions to defend his honor. Whatever.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands-re ... s-puck-ii/

The bottom of the linked article, puck ii to be released april 2017.

Frankly i prefer marathon. :shrug:

That's the 2nd release of the large Puck not the small Puck.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » December 19th 2017, 8:43pm

I'll add;. I didn't realize that no word for two and a half years, no responses to questions posed to him on his
Facebook page meant I or the others interested in it were entitled.

Why are you so sour on Jason Lim?

I haven't responded to anything on Facebook for over a year either. The thing is a virus. I have contacted Jason by email and had no issue. I needed a pin for the Bluering bracelet. He sent it out no charge and included a Halios strap because it took a while to get it out to me. Halios CS remains spot on in my experience.

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby svaglic » December 19th 2017, 9:05pm

bedlam wrote:

I'll add;. I didn't realize that no word for two and a half years, no responses to questions posed to him on his
Facebook page meant I or the others interested in it were entitled.

Why are you so sour on Jason Lim?

I haven't responded to anything on Facebook for over a year either. The thing is a virus. I have contacted Jason by email and had no issue. I needed a pin for the Bluering bracelet. He sent it out no charge and included a Halios strap because it took a while to get it out to me. Halios CS remains spot on in my experience.

If Invicta, Aragon or Deep Blue announced a new watch over two and a half years ago then we would be hammering them and laughing. I need a list of the brands that get a pass.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby iwasbanned » December 19th 2017, 9:18pm

I like Jason. And unlike every other micro out there, he puts out an original quality product. Everything I have seen and experienced he delivers great customer service. But I don't use FB to communicate with him. I believe he's also moved to either social media platforms like Instagram if I'm not mistaken.

I don't blame others for complaining about another company ripping off his design. Someone help me find the pic of the Invicta design department aka a Xerox machine
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby iwasbanned » December 19th 2017, 9:24pm

svaglic wrote:If Invicta, Aragon or Deep Blue announced a new watch over two and a half years ago then we would be hammering them and laughing. I need a list of the brands that get a pass.

That must have happened at some point right, did folks here actually hammer them? Shit happens, at least he didn't do pre-orders. Did he actually commit or was it more of looking into it?
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby bedlam » December 20th 2017, 3:14am

The last Puck post on FB says to email him to be put on the list for updates on the Puck V2. Did you do that?

Since then its all been about the Delfin and Seaforth on FB.

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk