MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby koimaster » December 15th 2017, 2:15am

wants to keep all our shoppers and readers informed of the latest trends and industry news and to introduce you to new opinions and perspectives in the world of fine jewelry and watches. In turn, we’re bringing on board a handful of fresh expert voices, including watch and horology consultant Sophy Rindler. Stay tuned for interviews with even more industry movers and shakers on The Loupe!

The global community of watchmakers, collectors and aficionados is a remarkably tight-knit crew—but the industry landscape is changing and growing. More independent brands are emerging, legacy brands are evolving to appeal to modern tastes and a new generation of younger collectors is taking a strong interest in the tradition of watch collecting.

And a notable mover and shaker in this expanding space is Sophy Rindler. Sophy is a well-known name and face in the industry and has an incredible knack for bringing together key players in the horology industry.

https://www.truefacet.com/guide/meet-so ... onsultant/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: MEET SOPHY RINDLER, HOROLOGY CONSULTANT

Postby bobbee » December 15th 2017, 3:04am

She can reseat my jewels any time.
I like the watches she makes, but the brand name sucks the old root.
"fact of the day, 1 out of 3 trump supporters are as stupid as the other 2" ~ Twitter

"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine."

"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » December 15th 2017, 3:43am

That oughtta be the title of a song: "She's Kinda Cute, But Her Watch Brand Sucks the Root." Would've been a great cover tune for Tom Petty...with backup vocals by Bob Dylan, perhaps.

She IS kind of cute. Yeah, she'd get it...bukkake mas fina!
:3
Okay, so I was wrong... http://thewatchforum.net/forum/index.php ...but I was never so glad to be incorrect... ;)
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » December 15th 2017, 4:48am

So you pay Soapy to locate a watch for you and she does. But she takes a shine to it and decides that, fuck you client I'm keeping this and you can wait for the next one.
Alluring Shillstress the second.

"Work!!????"-Maynard G. Krebs

Like that but cat-F. Sklodowska
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Rusty » December 15th 2017, 6:57am

Something tells me that Sophy doesn’t collect Timex...
Rusty
Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » December 15th 2017, 7:28am

Rusty wrote:Something tells me that Sophy doesn’t collect Timex...

Yeppers..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Falstaff » December 15th 2017, 8:10am

foghorn wrote:So you pay Soapy to locate a watch for you and she does. But she takes a shine to it and decides that, fuck you client I'm keeping this and you can wait for the next one.

Sort of a "Rindler's List".
I'm your huckleberry.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 15th 2017, 9:28am

#1 Tip for Seasoned Collectors: Don’t buy vintage watches unless you are being advised by one of the few experts that exist in the world.

Oh, knock it off! Is every single person calling themself a horologist or horology consultant such an utter arse? That "tip" is effectively sending people right into the welcoming arms of the most pretentious sods in the entire community, the self-appointed "horologists" and "experts!" She can suck my...whoa, wait, OK - I wouldn't mind her doing that.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » December 15th 2017, 9:58am

Falstaff wrote:
foghorn wrote:So you pay Soapy to locate a watch for you and she does. But she takes a shine to it and decides that, fuck you client I'm keeping this and you can wait for the next one.

Sort of a "Rindler's List".

TMMLH, you bastard.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » December 15th 2017, 11:31am

I've always looked at True Facet for the amazing amount of pre-owned they stock, but I honestly haven't been able to discern whether True Facet might be a decent place to try or just another scuzzy, Frankenwatch-selling scumbag NYC Diamond District come-on huckster hoax (unlike tokker, I don't even like to walk in the DD). I've yet to read about a single person who has dealt with TF.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Mortuus » December 15th 2017, 11:44pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
#1 Tip for Seasoned Collectors: Don’t buy vintage watches unless you are being advised by one of the few experts that exist in the world.

Oh, knock it off! Is every single person calling themself a horologist or horology consultant such an utter arse? That "tip" is effectively sending people right into the welcoming arms of the most pretentious sods in the entire community, the self-appointed "horologists" and "experts!" She can suck my...whoa, wait, OK - I wouldn't mind her doing that.

Dammit, bloke, if I weren't Jewish, I'd have that whole quote tattoo'd on me torso, over here...that was damned well said...
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 16th 2017, 5:56am

Mortuus wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:

Dammit, bloke, if I weren't Jewish, I'd have that whole quote tattoo'd on me torso, over here...that was damned well said...

Thanks, Mort. There's a way around everything, you know - you can put that quote on a T-shirt ;)
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk