5 watches with investment potential … and the car to match

5 watches with investment potential … and the car to match

Postby Racer-X » December 11th 2017, 11:31pm

by Felix Scholz "Whenever long-term friend (and sometime contributor) to T+T Ben Zachariah drops into the office, talk quickly turns to the fact that in every car guy there’s a watch guy waiting to get out (and vice versa). Because although Ben is very much into the horological, he’s even more into the automotive; unsurprising, given that he’s the man behind car investment firm Harris & Silverman. And with watch brands targeting their classic car tie-ins more aggressively than ever before — as well as a certain Daytona hitting the block — our chats about these two intersecting interests have taken more of a speculative edge. With the big names, like Porsche and Rolex, already commanding hefty premiums, we started thinking about the ‘next big things’. So, we set a challenge: Ben would come up with five cars, from the ’70s to today, that he believes have solid investment potential, and I’d come up with five watches to accompany them."

Article at Time & Tide

Credit Time & Tide
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: 5 watches with investment potential … and the car to mat

Postby Pubbie » December 12th 2017, 6:19pm

The one on the left... the short-arse variant hit half a million a few years back. A friend of mine was long on a black one, virtually no miles on the clock and buried in an air-conditioned garage in a Wiltshirt bunker, but got out at the wrong time. He had a tuned 20v as a runaraound, but no interest in watches though.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Re: 5 watches with investment potential … and the car to mat

Postby biglove » December 12th 2017, 6:57pm

Would love to have an LFA. Of course, if I had that kind of bank, I wouldn't be slumming around actually working for a living.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Return to General Watch talk