Holiday deals

Holiday deals

Postby svaglic » November 30th 2017, 8:25pm

Anyone have any luck in holiday deals? Not me, I was hoping for deals on Mondaine, Zodiac, Rado, Glycine or anything 41mm or below that looked nice. I know what I want, I'm just not seeing it or it is too large for my wrist, like the Alpina Seastrong or a Tissot diver.

I figured out why I am having a tough time lately. When I first got into watches, I had nothing so there was a lot of stuff that I could get. Now that I have most bases covered in movements, dials or design, what will fit in or a color I want seems tough to find. Plus, I'm happy with what I have so it's hard to find stuff come up that keeps that going.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Holiday deals

Postby Racer-X » November 30th 2017, 8:35pm

Edit: Posting some now.
Last edited by Racer-X on November 30th 2017, 9:41pm, edited 3 times in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby artman » November 30th 2017, 8:36pm

Friends and Family sale at Macy's. 45% off most of the watches. That Citizen Promaster on a steel bracelet felt really good. With the discount it's $70 less than Amazon.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » November 30th 2017, 11:43pm

svaglic wrote:Anyone have any luck in holiday deals? Not me, I was hoping for deals on Mondaine, Zodiac, Rado, Glycine or anything 41mm or below that looked nice. I know what I want, I'm just not seeing it or it is too large for my wrist, like the Alpina Seastrong or a Tissot diver.

I figured out why I am having a tough time lately. When I first got into watches, I had nothing so there was a lot of stuff that I could get. Now that I have most bases covered in movements, dials or design, what will fit in or a color I want seems tough to find. Plus, I'm happy with what I have so it's hard to find stuff come up that keeps that going.

Quite so. Like many of us, I started this Thing of Ours early on, with Seiko and, somewhat later, an Air King. Then I was happy for fifteen or twenty years, and bought a few TeeVee Wartchs. When you take a step down like that, everything is Up.

Our tastes grow. Nothing wrong with that, it's the way things go.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » December 1st 2017, 10:52am

These days I find myself saving my pennies, so when, eventually, that one special piece shows up, I'll pounce. Other than that, I don't wanna spend money to "save" money picking up something I don't really need in the first place.

Today, anyway. :wink:
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk