10 Watch Brands who Make Their Own Metals

10 Watch Brands who Make Their Own Metals

Postby koimaster » November 15th 2017, 12:23pm

We’re all familiar with the most popular materials for watch cases — steel, rose gold, titanium, et cetera. But what about Rolesium, Ceragold, and Powerlite? While many watch brand take great pride in making their own cases, movements and dials, only a handful have gone the extra mile and actually invented their own materials, mostly for use in cases, but sometimes even for parts inside the watch. Many of these have come about as watch brands invested in developing new alloys in an effort to make stronger, lighter, and/or more scratch-resistant substances. Below we take a look at ten brands that have invented their own alloys by combining different metals.

https://www.watchtime.com/blog/7-brands ... 728bd6f117

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: 10 Watch Brands who Make Their Own Metals

Postby TemerityB » November 15th 2017, 1:31pm

LaCroix has to be the most underrated brand in the history o' watchdom - and I don't even own one. But the ones I've seen, and the quality of the high-end ones and the stuff the brand does (or did) as a matter of course, makes it all mucho mind boggling.

From in-house movements to its Masterpiece collection that should by all rights sell for double what ML asks for, I've never understood why they're not "over" more. Must be because Wiley Lowe touched one once or something.
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: 10 Watch Brands who Make Their Own Metals

Postby tiktok » November 15th 2017, 3:48pm

My mind keeps drifting to FP Journė bracelets and movements which are made from an ever changing mixture of
titanium and aluminum.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Return to General Watch talk